New wood for my Trapper

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

New wood for my Trapper

Post by meanc »

The set I had on it was like new, not a scratch or blemish anywhere. This was going to be an often carried lever and I didn't want to mess up some nice wood. So, I picked up some from a local CAS guy.

He didn't know where the buttstock came from but the forend is from a Legacy model.

Anyway, the long nose forearm and checkering look really nice in contrast to the Metalife finish, I think it looks better than the original wood myself. And the padded buttstock definitely takes the bite out of recoil.

Just though I'd share more pics of my favorite lever :D

...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New wood for my Trapper

Post by Modoc ED »

Recoil??????????
ED
Yer never too old
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

meanc,

I've been ogling that Trapper since you posted about it's new finish. Now I AM DROOLING!!!

Joe LIKES!!! That would be my new favorite too.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's sure is one nifty looking carbine!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That is a nice looking carbine. Would only be better if it was sans the cross safety.
Old Law Dawg
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Modoc ED wrote:Recoil??????????
:D :D I was thinking the exact same thing.

The rifle looks very good. Is the Metalife similar to a Robar finish? That one is new to me.
Chad
revolverjunkie
Levergunner 1.0

Post by revolverjunkie »

hmm now if only it came in a matte stainless finish :mrgreen: id be all over it
Your friends might get me in the rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe. Tombstone.

when guns are banned there will be two groups with guns the government and outlaws.
I intend to be among the outlaws
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Thanks for the compliments. At $180 total, my wife definitely likes this idea a lot better than spending another $600 on a stainless Marlin or Puma.

And as nice as this one came out, I'm definitely going to have one of the 357mag Trappers done. Hopefully I can find another longnose forearm to put on it as well.

Anyway, here's a link to the shop that did the plating. They did a full disassembly (except barrel from rcvr.) and plated every part. Turn around was about 3 1/2 weeks from the time I shipped it till it got back to my front door.

http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Jager01
Levergunner

Post by Jager01 »

That is very nice, that darn cross bolt safety. What were they thinking?