Marlin did not send my high grade wood back on warranty

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin did not send my high grade wood back on warranty

Post by gregg »

NOW WHAT :( Sent my new 1894CL in because rear sight was bent or dovetail was not cut straight + would double feed + was two places in barrel where a chip was in the reamer and grooved the bore + chatter marks on muzzle crown.
I grabbed this rifle because of the very very nice butt stock wood. guess what. Rifle came back with a plain piece of wood with a knot.in the comb..Called manager and was told it must of been a broken stock and it be gone in the trash by now. Color and curl nice match with my cowboy.I am just sick. :o
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin did not send my high grade wood back on warranty

Post by Old Ironsights »

I never send wood when I send a gun off for repair unless it is absolutely required.

Makes shipping easier too.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Get back on the horn right away, let too much time pass and it will be history
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

I WAS WRONG. VERY WRONG.
My smart phone will not let me edit my post. After my post I went back and Tried to read the work order. I called marlin service and had them read it to me. ( guy that wrote it writes like me. BAD) it said my stock was repaired and was shipped separately . I had seen no cracks in the wood so have no idea what was wrong. I asked the manager if he would look it up and he did not. could of save us both time. I was just sooo sick and PO ed.
Now I must say very fast turn around time. feeds very well so far. Seems like it got out the door with a lot problems
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I hate when I do that! Glad it's all going to be OK, and you'll end up with two stocks! Bonus!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Marlin's service is usually top notch. Looking forward to seeing the pictures after you get her all back together. At least now you have a "banging around" stock to go with the nice one!!!
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

Yup feel quite the fool. :shock: Like I said could not make heads or tails of the work order.
Yes I would rate the service work top notch. Like said above I have a working stock. That is above and beyond .
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Hey you could saw the inferior one down for a youngin' and have both a youth and adult rifle, depending on which stock was on. Good on Marlin!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

Just so you all know.
Called Ed at the Marlin service. Told him I was sorry for being in such a huff. Thanked him and his crew for the care they used on my little 1894CL