Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Yo👌 a model 116
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What I found was a new production 92 in 45. It's here at Griffin &Howe, about 45 minutes away. Being 45 Fred wouldn't have to ramp up to load a different caliber. I left a link on his G.D. thread.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Was able to get some bench time this morning. New barrel looks like a keeper.
20220305_083246.jpg
Under the empty is a 4 shot group, the 5th i pulled low right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Picture is upside down until you tap it....4 in a 1/4" and a flyer to 1/2", maybe 5/8ths? How far...50 yards?...... yea....keeper for sure......you know what a few here know, you get what you pay for.......did you order a tight match chamber or a Rossi 45 Colt chamber where that cartridge can swap ends in the chamber......

Old Savage wins another......yowser!!!......

The test of any firearm is endurance..............when you get a 130 year old used gun and put 8,000 rounds through it you know it was made right........

I'm ready for a fight today.....better stay home........our 2 cats hate each other intensely.....the Siamese and a tabby.....the tabby has more seniority with the Siamese always pushing her luck.......5 minutes ago I heard a real deal cat fight, went out to the living room and turfs of hair are all over........
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You see the new quarters......George is turned the other way around and shows off his ponytail more......

But it continues to lose money on pennies and nickels. It now costs $1.62 to make a dollar's worth of nickels, and $1.66 to make a dollar's worth of pennies. By contrast it costs only 36 cents to make a dollar's worth of quarters, and 40 cents for a buck of dimes.Dec 15, 2014
https://www.washingtonpost.com › i...
It cost 1.7 cents to make a penny this year, and 8 cents to make a nickel - The Washington Post

Oh where oh where can my Jay Bird be....the mods took him away from me.....looking back I got to be good.....because if I don't, I'll be.......in da hood......

J Frank Wilson … Last Kiss ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes its a tight match chamber. I didn't range the distance, I guess it was about 60 - 75 yards. We have a portable bench so I just shot from where it was.
I like to do .22 accuracy/ zeroing at 75, seems like a better idea of true accuracy in my humble opinion.
Following Shilens break in procedure, shoot 1 & clean for 5 shots, clean after 5 for 50 . I ran out of time and only got about half a box shot, im pleased so far! I did notice after a wet then dry patch it consistently threw the bullet low and left, only needing 1 fouling shot to bring it back where it should be.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK....I'm no serious match shooter by any standards but I have my doubts on the break in procedure......especially with a .22 rimfire.....

YES! 50 yards minimum....75 is about perfect for a 22 as long as there's no wind.....with wind, even 5 mph, 50 yards is long. I tested that out myself many times.....

The guys at the club who are serious .22 shooters don't even clean their bores until after the match season claiming it does more harm than good.....but that's with GOOD MATCH ammo, not the loose in the box j.u.n.k. CCI standard velocity is close to being match ammo.

Ahh..got to get outside and make something of myself.......maybe Ray is out there hiding behind a tree with Boogie and SB#1.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Thats great Gunny! Not bad at all. I'd like to do some work with my 10/22. Bout the only thing I can afford to shoot. :D

Ole Six is looking for a scrap. Must have rubbed off on the cats.

OS still seems to be trying to talk himself out of buying a 92. You just have to decide if it's worth it to you.
As the owner of several originals, and a ........Rossi :shock: , I will say it's NOT the same. The fit, finish, feel in the hand, and smoothness can't be compared.
Only thing for me, is I don't care about 32-20. For me, the 38-40 is the chambering that works best.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Do you have any extended experience with the 32-20?

Learned a new word.....Hey! Off the subject but Jay and I are Winchester & Colt oligarchs.

Gunny is a shotgun oligarchs.

GK is a firewood and small bore oligarch.

Fred is a golf cart and girl oligarch.

Tom's been absent more than I like it....oh Toooooommmmmyyyyy.

Harry is a Montana and garage oligarch.

SB#1 is a seafood oligarch, he sees food, he eats it.... :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I dont normally do a break-in procedure but I figured what the heck. When I was making rifles there wasn't much talk about break-in so I just shot them. I have used JB bore paste though.

Thanks Jay, if you want to talk 10/22s ya know where to find me. Happy to help!

25-20 is my favorite of the small bores, then I would prefer a 38-40. Although if Six was giving away a 32-20 I'd certainly take it.

Tell ya what Fred, you buy Six's 32-20, ill take it and give it a good thorough cleaning, do some load development then send it along in a decade or so! :lol:

As for cleaning a .22, NEVER the bore, action only after it quits operating. If you insist on cleaning the bore no brush, just a wet patch followed by a few dry...but what do I know! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I bet SB#1 wishes he never should have interrupted when I was selling .22 ammo around 5 years ago.....he put up an ad that was cheaper than what I had for sale but the seller didn't have any inventory.....

I ain't ever gonna stop...never.....no cease fire....no forget.....only offensive measures.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok Gunny...I hear ya on the .22 on not cleaning.....just the action.....but....if you shoot cheap ammo it needs to be cleaned...looks like a chimney pipe after cheap ammo.

I too like the 25-20 but the 32-20 will do more and is much less finicky...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes, cheap 22 ammo tends to make very gritty mung inside the receiver.

Never having a 32-20 i can't say one way or the other.

It would be nice if Henry or Marlin would bring back the old great -20 & -40 calibers. Sure they aren't the same but they would be available and the brass makers would start production again!

Where was i when you were selling .22 ammo?! I'd would have bought a bunch!

Need to dig up some of that Eley stuff I have stashed to try in the new barrel.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The only 32-20 I have is a 73 with a 26" barrel (yup...26)and a set trigger. Sadly, It's rough.
I haven't done a whole lot with 32, mostly all for other people (you know how that goes). And while I got really good results, and it was fun to shoot, I just don't have a lot I can do with the cartridge. I don't really use them for small game, and there are better choices for deer up here.
You know how it is.......you like what you like. I have nothing against it. In reality, it was a wildly popular cartridge back in the day. Most people don't realize today just how popular.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Have you guys seen this guy, Mark Kaye on NEWSMAX? He is a hoot.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry buddy. I don't watch any network TV.

I just sit and go quietly insane.
Jay Bird
Levergunner

Post by Jay Bird »

Birdman doing a fly by for the Sixman 8) :D

How about that George Washington looking both ways.

Onward and upward chaps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Right now I have tunnel vision....nothing matters until I blast Old Savage......the moderator who STOLE MY ALTER EGO

JAY BIRD
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Revived is a better word for it. :wink:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh oh! Looks like the beginnings of an insurgency. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think Six has to work on a better emotional adjustment to a problem he knowingly caused with who I don’t know or exactly why. But he does not understand what happened or has happened since.

I will have to say that Rossi pistol is a work of art. But understand, his beef is not with me but some specter from his past.

I inadvertently posted a picture of a naked woman cross country skiing and apparently nobody even caught it.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ahhh....never mind..lit ain't fun no more. YOU stole Jay Bird! I created Jay Bird and you stole him.

But I don't want him back ......he's been brainwashed living in Kalifornia and if he comes back will probably expect me to give him food and an allowance.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not to mention he won't work and will probably defecate in your driveway, leave needles laying around, and stage some kind of protest on your lawn. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Seems Rossis are in short supply and going for $750-$950. :shock:

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Jay Bird back from digital deconstruction will likely be making appearances now and then since his digital resurrection back from the nonexistent. Gamekeeper is still on the investigation of exactly what transpired.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...good one Jay....and demand you vacate the house so he can move in as "everything belongs to everyone".

I have no idea how anyone can live in that environment......always fighting to keep what's yours.....sheeeeeeettt, in Maine there's lots,of room to lose someone like that...same here too, the ground is deep.....

You at work bro?.....

You know MY Jay Bird was purposely deleted and resurrected by the powers......and then thrown in my face for spite........

That's not a smart thing to do to a guy who don't give a poop...and it's all because their feelings were hurt because they own Rossi j.u.n.k. and guns with the wrong grips...or fake ivory grips........maybe I'm being too hard, you know, 92% of a Californians income goes to taxes.

Your getting self conscience on Rossi's. Don't change the subject from junk to a little bird that's been kidnapped. Anyone who pays more than .50 cents on a Rossi does not have their priorities straight.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Look at this....hard at work in s.cal.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I'm here making money to send to Joe and his pals.
Freakin taxes we pay are insane.
Now I have to send in another 4k in April on top of it all.

Tell you what....I'd much rather be sending that 4k down to you for some Winchesters and Colts.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's sad bro.....4 big ones on top of what you already pay says we are all at the breaking point...why work?

Another reason why I retired early.....why work when I make the same bring home money ...and I didn't make a lot of loot but a good 1/3 of it was gone every week...I can only imagine what it's like for the higher wage earners....

It's not as if our taxes go to good causes.

It makes a lot of sense to live small instead of striving for a larger life when others are just gonna take it....work the minimum hours so you pay the minimum taxes then get out asap....live small bro...I do...

Hitting it ...about 3....turn the reins over to Gunny in an hour.

The investigation on "you know who" is complete. The vote comes tomorrow on ejection from the P.I. thread due to internal espionage, deception, and being an undercover informant.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. That's how I see it. Now, a lot of others are seeing it too. It's gonna hit big brother in the pocket book, but don't worry, they will figure another way to take from us.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey, gamekeeper is here, still with as "Ray" put it "sinister malevolence" . I thought I had better contribute something but not a lot is happening over here :(
I see you Colonials are still whining about taxes you realise you've been doing that since the 1770s...time to call out the Militia even if this time round some of them are armed with Rossi's and pistola's with fake ivory grips.

Nice to see that colorful bird back again thanks to OS but how did I miss the NAKED SKIER :cry: ??

Mark Kaye, I have been watching him on Facebook for ages, it seems like he thinks a lot like us especially on subjects like Vegetable Joe and President Trump... :D

Dug out my USSR 12 gauge yesterday and tried my luck with a few Wood pigeons, the wind was a blowin' and they were flying faster than #6 shot, well that's my excuse for coming home empty handed... :oops: ... either that or they were Ukrainian Wood pigeons... :wink:

Looks like Gunny's new barrel means death to any Squirrels that cross it's path... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I never seen so much work and skill needed for so little meat as Timber Doodles (woodcock). Must be some good eatin! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Squirrels, groundhogs, whatever needs its daily allowance of lead. Howling wind just means more lead, think skeet targets.

Yeah ya would think us colonials learned back in 1770s about how evil taxes are!

I've never hunted woodcock but I've been told they are tasty, if ya like the taste of mud.

Jay Bird ( at least I think it was him, they all look alike) has been here with his food stamps, freeloading from my bird feeder.

Rossi pistol?

I see Florida is now burning. Actually a lot of brush fires country wide, it's spring.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Timber Doddles :!: Gotta remember that one :lol: I have not tasted them either but cooked with their entrails in on toast ain't my kind of dish :shock:
Lucky to even see Woodcock here, they sure cause excitement when they show up though... :?
684x710.jpg
Wood pigeons however are common, they are the sport for the working man over here, being a pest species farmers are glad to get rid of them but not many farmers will give you permission to shoot on their land.. :(
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats typical, they complain about a pest but don't allow the solution! Is it possible for you to shoot them on roost with an airgun? The farmers might be more receptive? Of course then you need a Rook rifle.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, six hour overnight and takes half hour to catch up. Yes GK, posting error, It was swept in with The Birdman pics so I think the Bird did it with electronic chicanery he has picked up. She was in the woods so maybe he hooked up with her there.

Got a call from an old friend
We used to be real close
Said he couldn't go on the American way
Closed the shop, sold the house
Bought a ticket to the West Coast
Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Naked in the woods, sorry I missed that, always loved woodland... :wink: it would have been interesting to see who was the first to complain.

OS, so your friend left the USA to live in California.... interesting.... :?

Gunny, I, like Nath have always been lucky to get free shooting permission from farmers, yes some will only permit the use of air rifles but what we call roost shooting is a shotgun in every wood keeping them on the move as they look for somewhere to roost, that's why I took Putin's 12 gauge out yesterday, I could hear someone shooting on the other side of the wood, so me firing 10 feet behind everything at least scared some birds over him..... :lol:

If you want to see a typical British blood bath, Rook shooting a Rookery when the young are branches, I used to do it on my own with a .22 but a local farmer got all his relatives and pals with anything that would shoot and it sounded like WW3 had broken out. His wife used to make Rook pie, another dish I haven't tried.. where I live now the same thing happened one evening about a couple years ago, don't see as many Rooks now... :(
Typical Rookery sometimes hundreds of birds.
ROOKS.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Billy Joel song.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What type of birds are shot at a rookery? Almost look like crows?
Just finished cleaning 7 chukar, the MIGHTY 410 got some work today. Parker did a very good job but at 60° she over heated fast. I had to call it quits after an hour of hunting.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well done with that mighty .410..…. :D

The Rook is a member of the Crow family.
SWNS_PET_ROOK_08.jpg
The blonde is just for scale..
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've always wanted a crow or raven for a pet, I've had a blonde and a brunette... I prefer a crow!
Crow hunting was quite a big thing here, now its only popular in the Midwest, they eat them- supposed to be quite good.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man, I didn't sleep for garbage today. Gonna be a long night. Glad it's the last one.

My cousin had a pet crow!
It was the coolest thing. My uncle was heading to work one morning, and when he came out there was one lone crow sitting on top of an old schoolhouse on their property. He said he didn't know why he did it, but he stopped, held his arm up, and whistled. Sure enough, that crow flew down and perched on his arm. He took him down and put him in the barn and gave him some rabbit pellets.
They had that crow for years. He was uncanny smart and could talk some too. He would holler my cousins name and do small sentences. "Troy!, come and play".
When you went in the barn, he would fly down and land on your shoulder. You BETTER have pellets. He would bite and twist and leave a welt you wouldn't believe.
He was free to come and go, but always stayed. My cousins grandfather would be working on the skidder or truck and he would steal bolts and nuts and go hide them.
After years of living there, one day he just took off.
They always figured that's how they got him. Somebody had had him.
I always thought he may have been an ostracized member of a group and was alone. Who knows? But it was one of the neatest things I've seen.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Neato...a pet crow....on TV last night Dr. Pol was working on a lady's pet fox and this fox let Dr. Pol handle it like it was a gentle dog.

Sure is warm today...hey GK, who's the speed freak with the rook? She's skinny.

"Timber doodles".....is that anything like a "door yard"?

Got a guy coming over for bullets, primers, and powder.....contrary to popular belief I ain't gonna rob him...good guy, friend of the family and....a retired CID detective.....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

As far as I know, Timber Doodle is a local term.

Like "Black Cat" for fisher.

Another one....Blue Heron here are called "pelosi Pokes". I have no idea where that came from, but the first time I heard Blue Heron I didn't know what they were talking about. :D

I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of. :D
It's a little "different" up here.

A 17 year old kid came home in Bangor the other day and a BIG moose was in his back yard trying to stomp his dog sled team. Then it came after he and his dad. The kid flattened that sucker right there on the lawn. Free meat!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Apparently the blonde rescued the Rook and now it steals her jewelry and is jealous of her boyfriend. I was once asked by a woman to get rid of a tame Magpie, it had a habit of trying to peck people in the eye, I explained that Magpies take the eyes of newborn lambs so they probably think eyes are just a good snack, an air pistol solved that.

I wish i could find a Moose in my backyard, my Russian shotgun has an Elk on one side of the action and a Moose on the other, I thought that was a good enough reason to buy it.... :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
May I correct you? Well, I'm going to anyway.......you said, "it's a little different up here", pertaining to Maine.....no, it's not different....it's correct.........it's the way it always has been and therefore unchanged and twisted with history rewritten....

Down here, the kids are taught to believe the sky is purple....say it often enough and it becomes truth....in California, the kids are taught there is no sky and we all live in a giant dome and that water comes from trees.

I'd fit right in with you boys. It used to be that way here but since the farmers sold off their land and "college edumacated" liberals moved in along with their ideology, it's changed for the worst...

College educated people at the upper level are the worst enemy that any group of people have and THAT is why Uncle Joe Stalin killed off anyone with more than an eighth grade education.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You hit the nail on the head Six, education is a fine thing, indoctrination is not. The younger generation have not realised that yet and I doubt that most ever will.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So this morning I happened to inadvertently kick Winnies dog dish holder. Just took my sock off..
20220306_173129.jpg
I have broken this toe at least 3 times, it doesn't bend anymore.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I hear you buddy.
Sadly, it's changed here too, just slower. It's still like the old days up in "the county", but I'm sure they see it too.

Jeez Gunny! Just cut it off. Be less pain in the long run. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah it hurt quite a bit to put my boots on, even more trying to keep up with Parker. But its not too bad now although I'm sure by tomorrow afternoon it'll be excruciating after working all day.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!