Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by GunnyMack »

Fat fingers means you need one of those jitterbug phones with the big buttons :lol:

Thanks Jay, hopefully it won't come to that...

Huh, two guys cleaning up a beach on Long Island after hurricane Sandy found a bottle with a note. The note had a phone number. They called, the bottle was at sea for 10 years.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, they didn't by any chance also find a deflated crocodile .... :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

GK......nope.....Gunny told me is was not a deflated croc......it was a blow up doll, Greek style......used and worn out.

I win a model 114, whatever that is....i was trying to keep Fred from winning the hat trick......

I have no idea how people can use a phone to type more than a 3 word sentence......then I tried talking into it and that worked good but the punctuation and capital letters take you just as long to fix.

This war s is terrible.....it's always the civilian/young/average/pets who pay the price.----
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now you see why my posts are full of typos.

I've had one of these things for a decade and still can't type on one. My wife and kids can type faster than they can talk on these stupid things.

Well.....it was off to the vets for Gracie this morning. Time to get "fixed". Shouldn't it be called broken? Hope she does ok. She is shaping up to be a good dog.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

How old is she now? I think I have mentioned before, new studies have shown that waiting until they go through atleast 1 heat cycle is a benefit to their long term health.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well.....too late Gunny. She hasn't gone into heat, but she is 7 months.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I agree with Gunny....our "resident vet" , mom says never before a year or 13 months.....the body has to fully form.......
tiv
And Jay, please, I have to correct you on something. Your term "fixed" or possibly "broken" is wrong. "Broken" is for male dogs. :D

Now, on to "Jaws" which I renamed our white Shih Tzu.........if this dog is on the bed with mom, she (the dog) will rip your throat out......put her on the floor (the dog) and she is a completely different animal.......extremely protective. This dog will start biting the blanket.

Everyday it's a new adventure.----00

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Man! Did you guys see those '73's that guy from Spain has! That one has an ivory stock!

I have a Gun Digest from the early sixties that has an example of one just like it....the writer said it took a long time to find a tusk that big....after all the work was done it was stolen....mmmm.....I'm gonna look that up later.......---00

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, those were impressive for sure. It's weird to think we don't live very far from where that stuff was made and I've never seen anything like that.
But some guy in Spain has several. Oh well, the plight of the hick.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We had a miniature dachshund that acted the same as Jaws. Complete psycho!

I know a lab breeder that actually recommends vasectomies.

I've got 3 of those ivory stocked 73s. Figured everyone had at least one.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I can't get my mind off of those 1873's.....even the trapper is out of this world, to have the condition it has....the gold plated one definitely went to a VIP and if it all comes up as factory original that owner could sell them and buy half of South America, the part where Rossi's are made........

Looks like SB#1 is starting his s up again. Since SB#2 has been MIA, he has no one to talk to..... :D "birds of a feather those two.---00

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

... oh, you're being such a child... :roll: :lol: :? :?:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:02 pm .
... oh, you're being such a child... :roll: :lol: :? :?:
Doc,
Your highly educated and very smart.....there's an old saying, "misery loves company" so after SB#2 can't post anymore SB#1 has no allies. I truly believe that the Nuremberg Trials should be reopened and the sperm and egg that made SB#1 should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Think I will letter my Rossis. :|
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:12 pm Think I will letter my Rossis. :|
Great idea Fred...not sure if Rossi provides letters but if they do I highly recommend it. The letter will prove originality so when a future buyer decides to pass out the Lincolns to you, he will be assured his Lincolns and Jeffersons will be well spent....if your Rossi has special order items like slotted screws for the buttplate instead of rivets the buyer may have to resort to Roosevelts.

Your living large bro! It's hard to predict the future on newly made guns but you figure if you bought a 53' trailer of Rossi's back in 1975 and paid $299 a piece for them and today they bring $319 so if there was 1000 guns in the trailer you would have made $20,000! Factor in inflation and according to the inflation calculator https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ The gun that costs 299 in 1975 now costs $1562....but......you would have to sell them as used so you would get $250 a piece for a total loss of around $1,312,485 but look at all the fun you would have!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Did I miss a link for the 73s? Where is it?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

On the main page. The new guy who asked about the broken firing pin in the plated 73.
I know this sounds stupid, but I wouldn't want guns like that, except for that Trapper. Super cool!
Don't get me wrong, I'd take en as a gift. Then I could sell em. :D The Trapper I'd keep. Trapper 73s are scarce, scarce items.
For my taste, I like the everyday working guns. I just don't really care for the pimped out guns made for a prince.
I don't even mind finish wear, as long as it's honest and well cared for.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gotcha, I did my own sleuthing and found the post all by myself- aint ya proud? Now do I get a trophy??? :lol:

Would i buy something like that? Probably not. But if I had it I would use it. No safe queens here.

However I did make an inquiry about a Perazzi engraving pattern years ago... added another hunnerd K to the cost of the gun. If I had the clams I would have been on a plane to Brescia for fitting,picking wood in a heart beat!

Vacuum bombs? Never heard of them. Or are they talking about a fuel air bomb ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, thanks for the math and encouragement. But remember prices are different out here in Cali. If you if you can find a Rossi here now $619-$650 is more like it.

And yes, mine are the Special Edition models with the slotted screws and butt plates. And mine both have the coveted two position safety on the bolt. They were also selected from maybe 40 guns that came through.

I entered the Rossi owners world quite by happen stance. A large group of guns came in from one collector. One happened to be a stainless 20” 92 that caught my eye in .45 Colt. That had a generous chamber but went away in a trade.

The two I have now have tight chambers with no case swelling in fired rounds and feed fine.The 357 Trapper is particularly handy.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Got to the end of the driveway this afternoon, went to the mailbox and it was stuffed all the way back into the jumbo sized mailbox we have. Hmm , odd I thought. Then I remembered today my new Shilen 77/22 barrel was due. The nitwit driver tried to put it in the mailbox. Then I though someone took it. No it was at the house. WHEW!
So I ran to the gun basement ( its all mine) , spun the dial opened the safe. Ok where is it? Buried in the back. Out of the stock and ya think I could find the right allen wrench? Had to out to the truck and get one. A little cleaning, lube up the tenon and the barrel clamp in place tightened up
& the new barrel is installed. Then to find a scope, ah yes the Burris 4-12x just for accuracy testing. Hopefully it'll shoot as good as I hope!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I think you guys are missing the importance of those 1873's....not the trapper......Guns like the other two went far and above even for a rich man. When that much engraving/inlaying goes into a gun and retains so much condition....they were King's guns.....there is a lot of history in those guns....so much that it makes me think those guns are in a museum.

Right now I have tunnel vision on those 1873's.....for real......it's how I got many of my finer guns...tunnel vision......think of nothing else until those guns were MINE! Yes, I know those guns are out of touch but....but....but.....but.....

Jay.....you want to go to Spain with me?.......all expenses paid if we bring Old Savage as the important dignified dignitary who has the professional high falutin talk and dress........along and Gunny and GK as look outs....you bring the coat...(you know which one) I'll come along as the baggage handler...(I have that look)......we CAN do this......"Lose a post a day" can come along to sit on the shore line in case there's a tsunami but he will have to take an oil cargo ship while we fly.-----Ha! Yea...go clench those fists and stamp your feet!..... :D

Old Savage can take the Spanish guys to the golf course while we work our magic.---00

Oh boy! Gunny has the new toy! And to think I burned up a case (5,000 rds) of Green Tag shooting at rocks and cans.....

Everyday is a new adventure here at Leverguns......the allies against the axis......

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Happy you've got a new toy Gunny.. :mrgreen: let us know how it shoots.

Had a water main bust up the road from me, had to detour to get to the market came home and no water except for the rain.. :(

The baby Wabbit ain't been seen since Friday, gonna take a long time before I can go WABBIT huntin' again.... :?

Why couldn't that nice Spanish chap post those 73s when I won page 73? I'm sure I've seen that ivory stocked one in a book, must have a look and see if I still have it.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not sure if the adage of " what rabbits you see in July is the rabbits you can hunt in the fall" holds true over there or not. Heck I'm not sure it hold true around here anymore either.

I've got a case of CCI standard velocity, a few of us got together and bought 6 or 8 cases. I should have gotten 2 or 3 if I had only known!

So our annual club meeting last Saturday we had a change of officers. The out going prez always gives gift to the chair holders. Being as I'm a co chair on birds,farm and hunting regs chair I got a gift as well. He makes his own beer, so he made beer from our river water. I just poured it into the glass he also had made with our logo. I just texted him asking if i was going to have the urge to swim upstream by the time I finished it. Quite tasty but im not a beer drinker anymore, its growing on my though.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes that old saying, what Rabbits you see in July are what you hunt in the Fall is fine but we haven't seen any Rabbits for years around here :( they died out because of a virus that was worse than Myxomatosis. There a disused railway track about a mile away and that's the only place I have very occasionally seen any Rabbits.
They had better get to breeding real quick before I need to buy anymore .22 ammo.... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I keep thinking about an aftermarket barrel for my 10/22, but little as I use it, it probably isn't worth it.
Tell us how she shoots, Gunny!

Hey Six,
Yeah, I really do GET IT. Those rifles are unbelievable. I saw a couple like that down to Julia's before. Things like that don't even seem real to me. I've always been like that with the super embellished one off guns like that.
You are right about one thing.......there WILL be record and a story on those somewhere. Those are BIG deal.

I did see a picture of an ivory stocked 73 one time. It was a rifle, though, not a carbine. It had gone to Mexico and had a Mexican eagle carved in relief on it.

You are right, and it is something I noticed about you many years ago. You are FOCUSED. And yes, that is why you have the guns you have.
I'm a scatterbrain.....that's why I have junk. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Jay, I bought my 10/22 back in 92. It was the run of the mill plain ol beater for $100. I didn't do anything to it while I was at school. Not long after I put a Shilen. 920" bull barrel on it, a laminate stock, some minor smiffin and it was an honest 1/2 - 3/4" at 75 yards. Then I did something STUPID! Steel case Russian ammo, a squib on a rapid fire mag dump ringed the barrel- just in front of the forend destroyed the accuracy. I replaced it with a carbon fiber tension barrel and its good but not as good as that Shilen was with Green Tag!
Then I got a 10/22 mag and it soon got the same treatment and its a very good shooter. Now I might convert it to a 17HMR. Both are now in Hogue over mould stocks.
I really hope the 77 will shoot bughole groups as I'm planning a .22 shoot for the club, gotta stack the deck! :D
With 10/22s the key to accuracy is to bed the barrel channel tight and let the receiver float.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's interesting Gunny..."bed the barrel and let the receiver float". Except for long range 1/2 scale silhouette all of my competition could be done with regular "good shooting guns" with crisp 2.5 lb triggers......my 10-22 takedown gives me all of the accuracy I need or want but I've read where you can get those babies shooting right up with a match rifle if you can keep the bolt square against the breech along with the exact same bolt lock up.....it's over my head.

Jayster....you have some nice stuff so don't b.s. meal of my stuff is mostly all regular production line guns with maybe more condition......

I tell ya, good ole GK is an American who is not on the proper side of the "pond" as they call it while Fred is settled down to a comfy life style.......

OK, the laugh of the day......me and mom are sitting around laughing at other people when she came up with a brainstorm....she wanted greasy hood chicken, the kind cooked in lard or whatever they use.....! I says, "where in the heck is there a place around here that sells it? So.....I get online and type in "greasy fried chicken near me" and Popeyes comes up......I hit "location" and there's a place about 8 miles down the road so off we go, put the dogs in the back seat and head towards the "part hood/part working class"

Because of crime it's only drive through with the doors locked so I order a mess of stuff and it came to $58....yea, $58! How do you argue a bill like that with the workers all wearing patches from the Black Panther party? I pay and leave and we did get a lot of stuff and it tastes great, even the watermelon slush mom ordered.....

Time to watch Vegetable Joe...this is gonna be good.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha! Believe it or not, I've ate Popeyes chicken!
There was one lone place over in Newport years ago. We even could go inside. No black panthers up here buddy. :D
It was quite good as I recall. I liked it better than KFC.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks for the info Gunny. My 10/22 is a 1st year production I got with a pre war 94 carbine in 32WS a few years ago. It looked unfired too. I put a laminate stock on it to save the nice walnut. It shoots pretty good but I haven't done anything else to it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay...not bad tasting at all...but the rule of thumb is that the better it tastes, the worse it is for you....ahh.once a month, pig out. The mashed potatoes was good but when I got to the bottom I bit something hard and pulled out a 9mm round.....mom got a .40 in hers.

On leaving the drive through I had to put the Jeep in 4wd....tires were spinning on spent brass.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Only thing chicken is good for is egg production. I'm not fond of chicken, really not fond of KFC. Years ago I go through the kfc drive through and get a bucket of yard bird, as I'm driving home I grab a drumstick and take a bite of deep fried feathers! It was never plucked!
Ain't no Popeyes around here and I'm not going out of my way for soul food!

Hey next time you are there grab me some 40 brass please? :D

Originally my 77/22 was to be a rimfire silhouette gun, I never got into it. I had a Simmons 6.5-20x on it. It has been out for groundhogs, prairie dogs and tons of plinking, I also did up that fancy fiddleback Claro walnut stock for it. So now I have to shake out this new barrel, might have to do some slight barrel channel mods, it's a bit bigger than the factory contour.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have a KFC in town. Yeah......we'uns is big time here.
I don't know how it stays in business. Nobody goes there. Well, It's the whitest state in the country. Whatta ya expect? :D
The busiest place in town is Al's Pizza. Been in business since 1969. It was just a little tiny shack when I was a kid. Now it's in what was a gunsmith shop after the old fella retired. Best pizza in the freakin known world. My kid has been all over, and the first thing he does when he gets home is go to Al's.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Working in Environmental health departments for 30 years I was often called in when kitchens were condemned by health inspectors.
Some of the things that I saw could make you stop eating out or buying takeaways, (except for Fish and Chips of course)... :lol: small foreign owned businesses were the worst.
I think I have said this before, when I was in Utah we went to a KFC and they didn't do fries :o we had mashed potato with gravy.... :? I think someone here said it was a Mormon thing.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man. Just back in from snowblowing and scraping. Again!
Been a long winter and I don't know where it's gone. I haven't ridden the sled much to speak of either. It has been a cold winter too.
Wife's Grand Cherokee has an issue. I don't usually drive it, but yesterday it obvious there is a problem. It's either a wheel bearing, front driveshaft centering ball, or pinion bearing. I doubt it's pinion cause usually the seal leaks. I would say wheel, but it doesn't change the sound in a turn. IDK, but I ain't messing with it cause my garage ain't heated. Buddy is going to look at it tomorrow.
Have to leave in a half hour to go to Orono and look at a trailer.
I don't know what I did when I worked all week.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea....everyday there's something waiting for you that pee's you off......always somethin' breaking.......$58 worth of chicken minus about 5 pieces and the mashed potatoes is going to the fox tonight......mom got up today and said, "get that S out of the house." Something in it didn't agree with her........tell you the truth I think she saw a commercial for it....

That's a fun project Gunny......channeling out for the new barrel and then testing it.......with CB caps it should make a dandy squirrel rifle but so would any .22 ........and you don't want to screw up the chamber with junk ammo.

Nice day....I'm headed out.....not even going to turn on the TV or check to see what Vegetable Joe is doing.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, here we go. We bought that trailer. It was originally one of those mobile office buildings, so I think the frame and axles are heavier than a camper. It's just a flatbed now, but we will rip it all off and either POR-15 or oil the frame before starting construction.
It's still at the guys house, cause it's buried in snow. I told him if he wasn't in a hurry, I wasn't either. There's probably 4ft of snow at the lot, and there isn't a place plowed out for it home.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's great Jay.....excellent redneck idea......on my buddies acreage upstate .......back when we were the ball brothers, always hanging together.................he bought a construction site trailer.....like 10x16 or so.....plenty of room.....we hauled it up there with his pick up and set it up on cider blocks. I built a set of stairs......then he had the electric company put in a pole and we had electric.....had a heater/air conditioner/insulated/solid.....great for overnight camping or a few days.

Then he bought an overseas container and laid that on a bed of quarry rock...like the 3-4" size.....he would keep his ATV, and other expensive stuff in there......those trailers are really solid.....no wheels to fiddle with....

On what your doing, could you imagine doing that in the L.A. area?....within a week there would be 50 people living in it.....and on it....and under it....then old tarps for an awning with a barbecue grill.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. A construction trailer is a great idea. Problem is, there aren't any around here. If there was, there'd already be 6 families living in it. They are nicer than most of the houses here.
Trailer and camper frames are getting harder to find and pricey. As the US continues its slide into the third world, more and more people are going to these "tiny homes" to beat cost and taxes. Many people are "checking out", like we talked about.
Check out all the videos on YouTube.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six I even have a regular 10/77-22 mag set up just for shorts. Back when we had feeders going for deer we would sit and pop squirrels constantly with CB shorts.

I was going to go shoot it this afternoon but im covered in old insulation, I feel like a porcupine! I'm gonna get cleaned up and go work on the barrel channel, figure to heck with it just open it up and then go break it in, sight it in and shoot some groups. Let's see, I have some PMC Zapper, CCI green tag& std velocity, Remington thunderbolt to try out. Still a brick of that Russian steel case stuff but NOT through this barrel, save that for the Steven's favorite or the old model 67.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey, I watched a bit of vegetable Joe but couldn't keep my eyes of Nancy, boy was she having trouble with her dentures... :lol:

Decided I'd rather watch Monte Walsh instead.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea.....getting the first few groups out of a new rifle are most always dismal...they are for me......ya get all excited thinking the gun will automatically hold a perfect zero......I've always had my best luck with Green Tag but I'm
not one to experiment with all of them.....HATE spending big money on ammo you can't reload but at the same time I WILL NOT shoot cheap ammo loose in the box.....it's j.u.n.k., especially Remington. I'd be happy with about anything from CCI.

Guys at the club will spend $1,000 on a 50 round box of bling...(exaggerating)

Yea Jay.....slipping into third world status is for sure.....NO way I could ever afford to buy into my area nowadays......

Yea GK, I noticed that too.....she was fooling with her jaws a lot! I know, I have them but mine are fitted perfect but I've seen guys at work where they fall out of their mouth.......

Did you guys hear Biden is in the hospital?.....he can't stop Putin. :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So an hour and a half or so with my hand made round nose scraper and some 100grit sand paper on 1/2" copper pipe and a coat of finish and we should be free floated. I only used 1 layer of masking tape , high heat centerfire id use 2 layers. Anyhow here's a couple more pics.
20220302_172443.jpg
20220302_172455.jpg
20220302_172532.jpg
20220302_172542.jpg
My stock making instructor was world known, gun makers guild known. Ed was a great guy and he kinda took me under his wing. So one day I was looking for a blank and he had just received a tractor trailer load of blanks. I walked into his home shop and this blank was leaning against the pile. I walked over ,picked it up and said how much? $190- SOLD. I sat on that blank trying to decide what to do with it, why not make the prettiest 77/22 out there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The Remington stuff i have is old, probably from the 80s, not the junk they are selling now.

You mention high dollar 22 ammo, when I did the first 10/22 barrel I tried green tag, standard velocity, eley( good stuff!) Remington, federal . Not long after I was up in Maine, at Kittery they had that new Olympic Federal stuff, was 8 bucks for 50 in 1995! I bought 3 different boxes/ lots and it didn't shoot for beans out of any rifle I tried. I wrote or called Federal about it. They sent me a mixed brick FREE! None of it shot out of that gun worth a hoot!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's why they sent it to Maine, Gunny.
Nothing here is any good. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey do they still play that Second week of deer camp song on the radio up there?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

At least it's ammo that was sent to Maine......Somalia sent blow guns to Ukraine.......

Gunny.....as you know, nothing beats knowledge and you have it in stock making, among other endeavors. Wow! A buck ninety just for the blank......how do you know there's no hidden flaws?

I just came back from Costco as mom wanted more chicken .....wild animals are having a feast out there with Popeyes. We will never eat that trash again......a fifty dollar bill thrown in the wind...that boils my azz...mom won't even bone out the better parts for our animals...she says the stuff they fry it in will give the dogs pancreatitis.....

For real....I never took Maine for a hick state....every state has their areas and here in Pa it's between Philly and Pittsburg and everything north of Harrisburg......the cities are not hick, they are ghetto.....

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats the chance you take when buying stock blanks. The first blank i bought i spent $40 on. I figured if I screwed it up I wouldn't be out much. It is a very plain Jane blond peice of English walnut. But I was able to finish it a few weeks before the semester ended, I got an A in stock making. Oh and its Mauser 98 in 338 win mag. As is my 375 h&h. My Remington 600 is a Bastone walnut thumb hole. My 257 is figured Bastone and my 7x57 is Claro.
I really should have stuck with stock work but around here there wasn't much in making a living at it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You got a Remington 600? What caliber? Which one is the harder to get the 600 or 660....I know the first one was made in 350 and the 6.5 mag....both excellent cartridges.

Hey! About the ONLY thing neat about getting old is finding stuff you never thought you had.....like a brand stinking new unopened can of artillery grease made when you were in your diapers and Fred was just starting to collect social security.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:D Got some of that