Politics - McCain taps AK governor Sarah Palin as VP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Politics - McCain taps AK governor Sarah Palin as VP

Post by Old Ironsights »

Looks like if Indiana is a close race I'll be voting for a Woman...

(If we're not close in either direction I'm still going to write in Paul as a protest. Should have been Paul/Palin... :evil: )

VOTE FOR A WOMAN FOR A CHANGE! :twisted:

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I just got in from second job a little before 9 p.m. and only now getting the news. Been plugged in to Fox News Channel, getting the scoop on this lady. Then called my best ol' buddy, who works as an electrician up in Prudhoe Bay about half of every year. He tells me that Mrs. Palin is solid pro-gun, friendly to oil business, in favor of moving ahead with drilling in ANWAR, has guts when it comes to challenging corruption in her own party - and winning! - and has solid pro-business experience, and a shining pro-life record, both personal and professional.

Guys (and gals), McCain just hit one out of the park. I believe that he won the election with this pick. And I agree with Old Ironsights' bumper sticker on this one too! :D

This was a good day for the good guys (and gals). I'm really happy about this. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

This really didn't surprise me, I expected Romnie, however, She was in the back of my mind, I just didn't think he had the guts to choose her. I would of had to vote for McCain, anyway. But this really excites me, maybe America still has a chance. :D
NRA Life Member, Patron
RGS
Levergunner

Post by RGS »

McCain has 3 months left to live down about 20 years of isle crossing linking himself to some of the zanier liberal democratics. I don't trust him. Sarah Palin may be the next Margaret Thatcher, but we don't know that. She could also be Dan Quail with nice legs. If the ticket wins, McCain will call the shots, and it will be up to us to make the ground shake when he dances across the isle to make nice with Nancy and whatshisname in the House.

My goal remains the same. 8 years of reloading supplies by inauguration time... no mater which of these characters wins. Which is, by the way, what I tell them when they call for money.
Rick
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

She's everything a real man could want AND still is "easy on the eyes"...

Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hard to think less of democrats than I already did but after hearing nobama and other dems about PALIN they are at a new low.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Slick wrote:She's everything a real man could want AND still is "easy on the eyes"...

She is "HOT" :wink:
ByronG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ByronG »

She's young, pretty and pro-gun but is she really VP material?

Y'all might think on these points a little:

"McCain has chosen a small-town gal without credentials to be one heartbeat away from the U. S. presidency. Just 20 months ago, according to her biography, she was mayor of a town of 8,000, in Alaska. She then took on the Republican establishment and, after failing to become Lieutenant Governor in 2004, became Alaska's governor in 2006. That's just 20 months, or little more than 80 weeks, as an "executive" running a government. A trifling government compared with the American federal system.

Her selection is risky and could end up destroying his candidacy. She flunks the two requirements needed to be a qualified Vice-President:

1. Vice-Presidents must assume the reins should the President become ill or deceased. This is a very real possibility, given McCain's age, cancer and other physical problems. How dare McCain put someone into one of the biggest, most important jobs in the world who is mere months out of running a tiny village in an isolated part of the country? John McCain's pick does not represent a proper succession plan should he leave office. This is irresponsible to the world, never mind the United States.

2. Vice-Presidents also chair the Senate. Successful ones are savvy and experienced operators at brokering deals and forging bipartisan coalitions. She has no experience in this regard and has not met any of the Senators, except those from Alaska, McCain and a few others. Her selection insures Congressional gridlock and represents a disdain for the importance of the executive-legislative relationship.

So what is she offering the ticket?

A feeding frenzy for the press and blogosphere that will capture the public's attention and drive traffic to the Republican convention next week.

A cynical, transparent patchwork quilt of brand "extensions:" She is female (to attract disenchanted Hillary voters); her husband is Inuit/Eskimo (to attract 10,000 Inuits in Alaska); her husband works for Big Oil (to attract global warming deniers); she hunts (to attract National Rifle Association guys); she took on the lousy Republicans in her state (to attract voters who like people who take on lousy Republicans).

As for "life experiences," she is a former beauty queen and journalist who married her high school sweetheart, had five kids and has built her political career in minuscule Wasilla, Alaska."
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Moynihan
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

bryon
then you go with the dem candidate who will not go and be around our troops(in case you forgot we have lots of them dieing and being wounded daily), will not say the pledge, has to be forced to wear a lapel pin of the American flag, has said he will listen to Muslims ahead of anyone, Will do as the UN asks even if it violates the US Constitution, knows almost nothing about leading a nation and is as green as Paulin but then he doesn't look as good so you might like him
Just wished I knew who would lead America back to her roots and regain some of the world respect we have lost in the last few years.
The old guy knows what it means to send troops into a conflict, has 26 years of being around the government, is known in Washington, has picked a very good choice for VP and I think deep down he loves America something the other guy doesn't have a clue as to what that means. The old guy has been late getting to getting to speaking events because he was talking with vets and those home on leave yup you right why would we want someone who cares about those who fight, get wounded and die for America.
In case you are wondering Yea I am a DAV and dam proud of the fact I stood up when America called. What have you done for America?? As said before I still don't know who to vote for and most likely will not until a day or two before elections and then hope the best choice wins be it who I vote for or not.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:Looks like if Indiana is a close race I'll be voting for a Woman...
(If we're not close in either direction I'm still going to write in Paul as a protest. Should have been Paul/Palin... :evil: )
Same here.

If he'd nominated Romney :evil: I'd have been tempted to vote for Obama/Biden just do make our nation's death quicker, like a more humanitarian suicide, vs. the slow death we'd have had with that kind of Republican team.

It is comical to see the Dems try to criticize Palin when everything they say bad about McCain is doubly true about Biden, and everything they say bad about Palin is doubly true about Obama . . . It just shows how hypocritical they can be.

I dislike taxing corporations (governments should be HONEST and tax citizens directly with an up-front sales tax [i.e. FairTax] or disallow witholding and come door to door to demand cash on new year's eve) but I like how she got the oil money into the hands of the citizens, vs. government coffers.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

ByronG wrote:She's young, pretty and pro-gun but is she really VP material?

"McCain has chosen a small-town gal without credentials to be one heartbeat away from the U. S. presidency. Just 20 months ago, according to her biography, she was mayor of a town of 8,000, in Alaska. She then took on the Republican establishment and, after failing to become Lieutenant Governor in 2004, became Alaska's governor in 2006. That's just 20 months, or little more than 80 weeks, as an "executive" running a government. A trifling government compared with the American federal system.

Her selection is risky and could end up destroying his candidacy. She flunks the two requirements needed to be a qualified Vice-President:

1. Vice-Presidents must assume the reins should the President become ill or deceased. This is a very real possibility, given McCain's age, cancer and other physical problems. How dare McCain put someone into one of the biggest, most important jobs in the world who is mere months out of running a tiny village in an isolated part of the country? John McCain's pick does not represent a proper succession plan should he leave office. This is irresponsible to the world, never mind the United States.

2. Vice-Presidents also chair the Senate. Successful ones are savvy and experienced operators at brokering deals and forging bipartisan coalitions. She has no experience in this regard and has not met any of the Senators, except those from Alaska, McCain and a few others. Her selection insures Congressional gridlock and represents a disdain for the importance of the executive-legislative relationship.

A feeding frenzy for the press and blogosphere that will capture the public's attention and drive traffic to the Republican convention next week.

A cynical, transparent patchwork quilt of brand "extensions:" She is female (to attract disenchanted Hillary voters); her husband is Inuit/Eskimo (to attract 10,000 Inuits in Alaska); her husband works for Big Oil (to attract global warming deniers); she hunts (to attract National Rifle Association guys); she took on the lousy Republicans in her state (to attract voters who like people who take on lousy Republicans).

As for "life experiences," she is a former beauty queen and journalist who married her high school sweetheart, had five kids and has built her political career in minuscule Wasilla, Alaska."
But the alternative is Nobama and Biden. 2 of the biggest anti gunners America has seen.

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

ByronG,

well,uhhhh,...you know she's kinda been the governor for 2 years, and has rooted out serious corruption in her own party, been engineering the building of an enormous multibillion dollar gas pipeline,etc,etc
not exactly inexperienced, unlike Obama who has basically done nothing but come up thru the illinois/Daley empire/corruption as usual machine!
cable
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

hfcable wrote:ByronG,

well,uhhhh,...you know she's kinda been the governor for 2 years, and has rooted out serious corruption in her own party, been engineering the building of an enormous multibillion dollar gas pipeline,etc,etc
not exactly inexperienced, unlike Obama who has basically done nothing but come up thru the illinois/Daley empire/corruption as usual machine!
RIGHT ON !!!

In the final analysis, she has more "EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE" than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined !!!

:twisted: :mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

McCain whent up several levels with me for this pick. I was voting for him regardless but this makes me feel much better about it.

The guy does have good judgement and with trouble brewing in Russia, I want him at the helm.

And I think he'll pick good SCOTUS nominees too - probably the most important reason to vote for him in the long run...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I'll be voting the PALIN/McCAIN ticket.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

RGS
Levergunner

Post by RGS »

If your analysis is correct, and her selection insures Congressional gridlock, them maybe I judged her too harshly earlier. With the crowd in the Congress now, gridlock is a good thing. The more they fight among themselves the less damage to we the people. I don't expect Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi will allow any meaningful positive legislation see the light of day. Any judicial appointments will be stalled, derailed or destroyed as a matter of course. That's Nancy's job.

It is the President's job to take his case directly to the people in an honest, energetic and inspirational manner. If there is legislation or and appointment stalled in Congress that is important to him, it is up to him to inspire the American people. He must have the personality, intelligence ( and a bit of showmanship) to blow past the press coverage and connect with American voters.

The main functions of the Vice President is to fill in the ticket, be a good campaigner and pull enough votes for the ticket to win. We shall see what Palin can deliver.
Rick
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Old Savage wrote:I'll be voting the PALIN/McCAIN ticket.
+1
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

OJ wrote: In the final analysis, she has more "EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE" than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined !!!
That's the way I see it... Running a state (as Governor) certainly is better experience than the congressional experience (that obama has so little of).
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

One of Obamas comments at the Dem convention, was that concerning the 2nd Ammendment, "we don't need to make it legal for AK 47's to get into the hands of criminals".

I bet Palin would set that comment straight real fast, as she has a passion for firearms and their use in her life and history. She knows how to answer questions on the 2nd Ammendment probably better than any candidate running right now, and with ease too. I slept a little better last night.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bottom line is that a pro-Second Amendment candidate leaves citizens with the trump card; no matter what other loony positions they hold, if the citizenry has the trump card, at least hope is preserved for preserving the U.S.A. as our founders intended.

Thus, I am a one-issue voter nearly always.

Think about it - if a house guest asked you "do you have any guns - where are they - I need to have control of them" wouldn't you you start to develop a bit of distrust of them right away? OTOH if you had a real loser needing shelter for the night, but you and family could each sleep with a loaded 12 gauge, wouldn't you worry alot less?
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

ByronG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ByronG »

shdwlkr wrote:bryon
then you go with the dem candidate who will not go and be around our troops(in case you forgot we have lots of them dieing and being wounded daily), will not say the pledge, has to be forced to wear a lapel pin of the American flag, has said he will listen to Muslims ahead of anyone, Will do as the UN asks even if it violates the US Constitution, knows almost nothing about leading a nation and is as green as Paulin but then he doesn't look as good so you might like him
Just wished I knew who would lead America back to her roots and regain some of the world respect we have lost in the last few years.
The old guy knows what it means to send troops into a conflict, has 26 years of being around the government, is known in Washington, has picked a very good choice for VP and I think deep down he loves America something the other guy doesn't have a clue as to what that means. The old guy has been late getting to getting to speaking events because he was talking with vets and those home on leave yup you right why would we want someone who cares about those who fight, get wounded and die for America.
In case you are wondering Yea I am a DAV and dam proud of the fact I stood up when America called. What have you done for America?? As said before I still don't know who to vote for and most likely will not until a day or two before elections and then hope the best choice wins be it who I vote for or not.
Ooops, my bad! I should have added the quote was emailed to me. I don't know its origin but it reads like a press report. I threw it in because I think its food for thought and because I just don't see things with black an white clarity.

As for what I have done for America I can't say I did a whole lot. I served two tours in RVN but I'm not sure what it did for my country and pretty darn sure it never helped theirs.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Moynihan
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

byron
You never know how little you did and just how big a thing was for some other group. Don't put yourself down for the length of time you played.
I have some really bad nightmarish dreams that haunt me from time to time but I can usually realize it isn't real just a bad memory and put it in the vault and lock it away.
I have no use for the Indiana upstart who wants the Presidency with his views on America. I think my last post showed that my bad but it is time for the silent majority to show the loud minority what we think
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

You guys have got to read what the Hillary PUMAs have to say about Palin...

It's SWEET!

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/disc ... hp?t=26109

Note that some of these Fem's think Ms. Palin't husband is a "Stud"... makes me think...

"And behold a Palin horse, and she that sat upon him, her name was Sarah and destruction followed her upon the Obama Biden host...." :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

shdwlkr wrote:... I have no use for the Indiana upstart who wants the Presidency with his views on America. I think my last post showed that my bad but it is time for the silent majority to show the loud minority what we think
You take that back. BO does't come frome here. He comes from the Armpit of America... Chicago ILLANNOY... not Indiana. Please get it right. Thank you. :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

i think she has added some much needed energy... she sounds very proffessional and i believe she can handle the job fine... if i was biden i wouldnt want to have to debate her :twisted:
WATCH YOUR TOP KNOT
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Slick wrote:
OJ wrote: In the final analysis, she has more "EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE" than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined !!!
That's the way I see it... Running a state (as Governor) certainly is better experience than the congressional experience (that obama has so little of).
AK has a population smaller than most cities in the lower 47. Before that, she was the mayor of a town of about 400 people.

She has about as much executive experience as the president of your local PTA.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

it's been great hearing these libs try to come up with an angle against her...if they don't shut up it will boomerang on them. :mrgreen:
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

FWiedner wrote:
AK has a population smaller than most cities in the lower 47. Before that, she was the mayor of a town of about 400 people.

First of all, Wasilla has a population of about 10,000. Secondly, as governor she has made a huge difference in her state, which is more than any of the others (including McCain himself) can say. She's not a "politician". She actually DOES something. It's better to have someone who has had a positive effect on a few thousand, rather than someone who has had zero effect on millions!

And now that you mention it, if the president of my local PTA were running, I would vote for her instead of anyone else on the ballot this year! And America would be all the better for it! She's Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, she's in favor of finding alternative fuels instead of putting money into the pockets of middle eastern terrorists, and she's in favor of holding parents responsible for raising their children instead of expecting the government to do it for them. Isn't that what we need? You know, a REAL person with real live common sense, instead of just another talking head politician? I may write her in.

If McCain/Palin wins, at least half of the Executive Office will be willing to stand up for "we the people".

Sincerely,
bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

FWiedner wrote:
Slick wrote:

Well - she's been governor of Alaska for some 20 months - that's a lot bigger than our PTA. Wikipedia reports the town she was mayor of as follows -

"Wasilla is part of the Anchorage, Alaska Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, its population was 5,470. The 2005 estimate gives it a population of 8,471,[1] although the city website lists the population as 6,715.[2]"

And from Wikipedia : -

Alaska (IPA: /əˈlæskə/, Russian: Аляска Alyaska) is a state in the United States of America, in the northwest of the North American continent. It is the largest U.S. state by area (being more than twice the area of Texas, the second largest), and one of the wealthiest (per capita).

Population Ranked 47th in the US
- Total 683,478 (2007 est.) [1]
- Density 1.2/sq mi
0.46/km² (Ranked 50th in the US)
- Median income US$54,627 (6th)

Somewhat more than 400 in the city and the state more than most cities in the lower 48 (count-em there are really 48 here) - and again, a lot bigger than any PTA I ever was part of. I think any discussion of "SARAH BARRACUDA PALIN" should stick to the facts and not incorrect and fictitious figures.

OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sorry, I never count CA as part of the USA.

Not sure where I got that 400 number. I guess I just misremembered what I read. Sorry to misrepresent.

Looks like there could be 5000 people in her PTA.

You're absolutely right.

She's ready.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

FWiedner wrote:Sorry, I never count CA as part of the USA.

Not sure where I got that 400 number. I guess I just misremembered what I read. Sorry to misrepresent.

You're absolutely right.

She's ready.

Ok...that was good! :lol:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

You're absolutely right.

She's ready.

It's still more "C"-level experience than Osnoba J Biden & McChurian combined.

That said:
Alaska has been trying for 30 years to put together a pipeline deal through Canada to supply natural gas to the lower 48, and have blown it every time, but Governor Sarah Palin has got it done in short order. Read how hard nosed she was about jobs for Alaskans, the environment and use of in-state resources, think of the number of Americans this will put to work, the boon to our economy, a plentiful and stable supply of energy for the future. At an estimated cost of 30 billion dollars, it will be the largest construction project in U.S. history.

To the liberal elitists who decry she has never accomplished nothing and think she will be a easy push over in this election cycle, I beg to differ, methinks if they choose to ride this tigress, they will find trying to dismount a very dangerous task indeed. Politically speaking, what has Obama, Biden, or that matter McCain, ever done economically for the nation that even comes close to this?

Article was written before her pick as VP:

"Energy: As congressional Democrats dither on a vote for oil drilling, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has pushed through a gas pipeline project to bring new supply and price relief to the lower 48."

http://www.investors.com/editorial/edit ... 3123946167
Hmmm...

As was said elsewhere: Palin is Obama's Ginger Rogers. She can do everything he can... backwards... in a dress and high heels.

And she's "only" the VP pick.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

FWiedner wrote: She has about as much executive experience as the president of your local PTA.
If it came down to the usual Republican and Democrat candidates we've been offered in the past, with the possible exception of Reagan, I'd rather have had someone picked at random from the phone book :shock: ; you might get someone stupid, you might get someone dishonest, and you might even get someone with political connections, but odds are you'd not get someone who was ALL THREE, which is usually what we're offered. With all the infrastructure of government surrounding the president, I think anyone with integrity and intelligence could do well, with even a little experience in the executive branch of government.

Having said that, I'd still have preferred Ron Paul be Prez or VP more than anyone else.

Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Thanks Bryon and Fred, now I know I'll vote for her ticket. A REAL outsider, still manages to get things done, and not a whole lot of time to form bad habits of professional politicians. Usually from my experience anyways, the smaller, but not too small, political systems allow for more multi-tasking which equates into more hands on experience of more different facets of the government. Those that have not, or will not get their hands dirty doing a job, really do not understand what it really takes to get 'er done. Instead they rely on others, usually those that only got the job thru party patronism, that do not have an inkling of what it takes. Palin, at this time is the ultimate outsider, even fought her own party, coupled with the fact she espouses most of my own idealogy....SHE's the ticket!!!!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Old Ironsights wrote:Looks like if Indiana is a close race I'll be voting for a Woman...

VOTE FOR A WOMAN FOR A CHANGE! :twisted:

I need that on a bumper sticker. I'm not kidding. To go over "We're Screwed '08".

I may actually vote now.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

You're absolutely right.

She's ready.

It's well known - it takes a really good man to admit such - and you sure proved you qualify - 100%

Thanks -

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Tom Brokaw said this AM - Alaska is a small state. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brokaw :P :P :P Not ready for prime time.

Kerry - the anti american lying traitor said she is Cheneyesque ???????? What ??????

Obama said "more of the same" What ?????

What planet are these buffoons from?

winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

ByronG, Some people rise to the occasion, and I think she has the mark.
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

You're absolutely right.

She's ready.

I would rather see Palin in the V/P's Office than any of the usual Washington Suspects.

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

Old Savage wrote:Tom Brokaw said this AM - Alaska is a small state. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brokaw :P :P :P Not ready for prime time.

Kerry - the anti american lying traitor said she is Cheneyesque ???????? What ??????

Obama said "more of the same" What ?????

Tom Brokaw (Liberal news media), Kerry (has-been Politician), and Obama (puppet of the DNC)... all will say whatever they think the general public (sheep) will buy... and Never have to back it up with small things like FACTS. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI
He says it better and quicker than I ever could... just watch the ears of impressionable young children.

With that said... I agree with most of you, on the choice for Republican VP. I have looked up everything I could find on her... she is the real deal. A straight talker, who walks the walk... and as some of you said, a real Looker. My wife (a hard-nosed Democrat) called me at work, the day McCain made the announcement. She was ecstatic.!! My oldest daughter called me from OK also... said Sarah Palin was hunting Cariboo when she got the call from McCain's HQ.
I just hope and Pray that MOST of the voting public will make the correct choice this fall.
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Old Savage wrote: ...Obama said "more of the same" What ?????

Obama sure couldn't say anything stupider. She is the Anti-Obama in so many ways. Here is a tiny bit of what John Kass (Chicago Trib) had to say...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/colu ... 952.column
...all weekend, analysts will define Palin by gender, guns, her opposition to abortion, her Obama-like inexperience. Since most talking heads are themselves Beltway insiders, they might miss the point as they did with Obama:

It's the political reform, stupid!

The young Alaska Republican put her political career on the line by challenging the corrupt, old Alaskan Republican bulls on their sleazy pay-for-play politics and their use of the public trust to fill the pockets of their friends. She didn't merely talk about abstract change in Washington. She challenged corruption at home, challenged her own party bosses—some of whom are already in prison—at great risk to her political future.

It is something I've begged and begged Obama to do with the ham-fisted pols in Chicago and Illinois—to not merely talk about change far away, but to take a principled stand even if that stand runs counter to his political interests at home; to challenge the thugs of his own party, to give us a reason to believe he's the man he says he is. He has politely declined.

In this, (declining to do right) Obama obviously has more experience than Palin.
More of the same corruption Barry? I think not.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Personally, I think there is something here even more important than just the choice of Sarah Palin. For the first time, I think we see clear evidence that McCain is really smart enough to be our president. Whether the choice of VP candidate was his choice or his advisors, he was smart enough to listen to that advice but, the timing of the announcement of the choice was totally stunning - it completely blocked out the fawning the media was prepared to do over Obamas"s acceptance speech and relegated it to back pages instead of the front pages he wanted.

If he (and advisors) can deal so effectively with the opponent here that has such a large following in this country, doesn't that suggest he can deal with opponents - foreign heads of state - in international dealings? It does to me and stimulated me to do something (Scottish ancestry) I've rarely done - make a contribution to the campaign - and I plan to repeat that.

GO TEAM GOP !!!

OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

As far as standing for what she believes in, she's the manliest candidate we've seen on a ticket since Reagan!

But for me, it all boils down to this:

She's Pro-gun and she's extremely beautiful...which are two very good qualities in a woman. :wink:

If she likes college football, then I'm ashamed to say that I am in love with another man's wife!

bogie
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I read sarah is a hunter, fishs, shooter and owns a float plane! That alone used to be my dream girl. She is pro life and proved it in the hardest way. The only snag I see is that she is accused of fireing the boss of a highway patrolman that wouldnt fire him. She has asked for a investigation on the matter. Seems the patrolman was her ex brother in law. A bad divorice was behind it etc. She is assemblies of god, me too. She got in and fired some corrupt people in office. She,s tough. She may not have a lot of experience - yet, but its more than obama! I would like to be a fly on the wall at hillarys place right now, that would be interesting! I never really looked at her before, but when I googled her I seen articles about that bridge to nowhere was stopped by her and ex ancorage mayor george wuerch. I never met him, but we are distant cousins. (my name is werch another spelling). That saved a lot of money!
She also returned a lot of oil money to state residents. I think she is a great choice and her in the running gives me renewed hope!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

As for "Troopergate" I'd have done the same thing. She fired the superior of a Scumbag because the superior wouldn't fire him.

From the Anchorage Daily News:
Before she was governor, Palin pushed for a trooper investigation of Wooten (the BiL) over a number of matters, including using a Taser on his stepson, illegally shooting a moose, and accusations of driving drunk. At one point, Palin and her husband hired a private investigator.

Troopers did investigate, and Wooten was suspended for 10 days, later reduced to five. That took care of it, Monegan said. But the Palin administration and Todd Palin wouldn't let go, he said...The personnel investigation began in April 2005, long before Palin became governor and months before her October 2005 announcement that she was running. The investigation into Wooten wrapped up in March 2006, before she was elected.

Troopers found four instances in which Wooten violated policy, broke the law, or both.
You have a Poaching, violent, drunken Cop and all they do is suspend him for 10 days and reduce him in grade? That is derilection of duty on the part of the commissioner of public safety.

You bet firing Monegan was the right thing to do - whether Wootens was her BiL or not.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

I took about a 6 month break from here and went to the Netherlands and Germany. It helps to get the hell out of the US once in awhile. I come back to our sleazy politics and just when I decide to write Benny Hill on my ballot, McCain gets smart. I knew Palin as the Wasilla mayor and voted for her to become gov. She is a no nonsense kind of gal. She came into office and fired some of the old republicans who were just on the payroll and had never worked. She didn't care if you were a repub, a dem or what you were, if you were the most qualified for the job you got it. She has the highest rating of any gov. Some people say she has no executive knowledge. They are wrong. You acquire more executive experience as a gov then you do as a senator. Some idiots say she has no experience dealing with foreigners. They are wrong. They obviously have never been to Alaska and seen how international the state is. Alaska deals a lot with Russia, Japan, China, Korea and other countries concerning oil, fish, mining and various things. I am voting for Palin, if McCain is with her, so be it.
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

45-70- wrote:I took about a 6 month break from here and went to the Netherlands and Germany. It helps to get the hell out of the US once in awhile. I come back to our sleazy politics and just when I decide to write Benny Hill on my ballot, McCain gets smart. I knew Palin as the Wasilla mayor and voted for her to become gov. She is a no nonsense kind of gal. She came into office and fired some of the old republicans who were just on the payroll and had never worked. She didn't care if you were a repub, a dem or what you were, if you were the most qualified for the job you got it. She has the highest rating of any gov. Some people say she has no executive knowledge. They are wrong. You acquire more executive experience as a gov then you do as a senator. Some idiots say she has no experience dealing with foreigners. They are wrong. They obviously have never been to Alaska and seen how international the state is. Alaska deals a lot with Russia, Japan, China, Korea and other countries concerning oil, fish, mining and various things. I am voting for Palin, if McCain is with her, so be it.
A point of view worthy of consideration.

Thanks!

:)

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I would vote for her just for this. The man who's children she bore is a lucky fellow.

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30