IF you could have only one rifle, one pistol....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: IF you could have only one rifle, one pistol....

Post by mescalero1 »

Opps
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Tough question. If it were a only two live off the land thing, it would be a Ruger 22 MK 1 and the Marlin 45-70. You can't cover much more ground than that.
If it were a 15min. jump and run.......probably a 357 SA, a 336 30-30 an some stuff you don't want to know about. 8)
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Please disregard that curve this other Mike threw
in there on page two.
We can do that one another day. :wink:

Me the other Mike :)
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

First Choice
Browning 92 Carbine in .357/.38
Ruger New Vaquero in same .357 - 5.5"
Alternate pistol choice: S&W 65/SS-full lug/.357 3"
Second choice
Browning 92 Carbine in .44 Mag/also shooting .44 Sp
Ruger Vaquero in same .44 - 5.5"
These choices could easily be flipped on any given day I might be asked. If forced, I'd opt for the former pair due to ammo costs. I don't reload at present - and would, given the rules, assume whatever that "one gun combo" might have to travel with me for use in dire or other circumstances/locations.
Very close honorable mention for rifle (and my first choice if letting the heart rule due to family history/inheritance): 1944 GI/Inland .30 Carbine. That combined with the above S&W would be quite the travelin' pair and very decent for HD/SD. At practical (close in) ranges and with modern ammo it is the approximate equal of the .357 for HD/SD (and wins in firepower) though the magnum wins out as a reliable game-getter, which would likely/ultimately favor it as choice #1. Like I say, on any given day these choices could easily flip-flopped. Chose the Rugers - as single action daily handlers/fondlers - not to mention near "bulletproof" frames and workings - they win out over the Smith. ("Emotionally" these could also be Colt SAAs or clones). As a practical daily gun for actual use - the S&W would win out.
Later EDIT: A lot of people have made good cases for their trusty .22s. While my above choices stand, I have to admit I would have a hard time leaving behind by first (c. late 50s) .22 -- Win 69A bolt - with 5 and 10 shot banana clips. Reliable and accurate. Great gun and caliber - with some additional emotional value for me as well. Difficult choices.
Even Later EDIT: After re-reading the orginal thread starter's remarks at the start and throughout: IF this is not bad times/survivalist based scenario, my choices on the rifle might be skewed more to a Pre-64 Win 94 30-30 as it will still do the larger game-getting (under normal, not just survivalist) hunting conditions better/more often than the .357. Not exactly the "plinker" my other choices were good at though (but much better than an '06 or .270 in that regard), which bugs me a little "getting rid" of the .357 carbine, but that's the way it goes in these scenarios! That new choice also takes me out of the one-caliber combo. I'd probalby stick with the S&W .357.
Last edited by gak on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

The question crosses two lines of thinking. Whenever I head out on my own, I usually pack an 1892 in 357 and a matching Ruger Vaquero. However, if bad times should come... this pair would likely go to one of my children, due to their lack of experience or preparation... and the availability of 357 ammo. I, on the other hand, would head out with an 1892 in 44-40 and a matching Ruger Vaquero.
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

One rifle for me would be Marlin 39.
Handgun I dont know, but it would be a revolver either 44 or 45 and probably a Ruger.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Giving up any pistols or rifles would be really tough; every single one is paid for and special. But any one of them could "get the job done."

I'll keep the blued 3 1/2"' eight shot S&W .357 because this old guy has wanted it for a long time, S&W finally made it, and I finally got one. From .38 wadcutters to 38/44's to real .357 loads, it will do.

Only one rifle means another compromise. I simply prefer Levers and want to enjoy the one rifle that will remain. So, the 16" NKJ M92 in .44 Special is it. Enough power for hunting and defense. Less recoil for plinking. Handy size.

For a 15 minute disaster, the Bushmaster and Hi Power. Sometimes lots of shots counts and ammo is lightweight (traveling).
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

No big game around these parts so I would want a .22 rifle for hunting small game which we have plenty of. That choice would likely be my Henry .22. The handgun would be for personal protection and if it makes someone think twice about messing with me, so much the better. I would go with my Para .45 which is always a reliable shooter. I would want to keep on hand a couple extra loaded magazines.
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

casastahle wrote:Mike,
If it was totally hitting the fan and you had no more than 10 to 15 min. to
vacate your life as you knew it, what would you toss in the back or trunk of
your vehicle? This would be with the mind set that there is a very high
probability you would never be returning or seeing your home again. :o
Like heading for the hills as a total life altering pandemonium is about to
hit. :shock:
This makes it easier. I'd throw in a couple 44 Marlin Cowboys and about a 1/2 dozen Ruger flattops and as much of my ammo as my truck could carry. (which wouldn't be all of it!)

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A Benelli Super 90 M1 12ga rifled slug gun ( a .72 caliber rifle) & a .22 cal revolver.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

After fainting, pulling myself off the floor, and fainting again at the very thought of only having ONE each... boom, there I went again! :shock: Where was I? Okay, I'd have to assume that all heck broke loose because that is the only way I'd be down to one. In that case, it would be my Springfield M1A and my Para-Ordnance P12.45. Potential for hunting, especially the former, but fantastic for self defense, which would be the real need.

If I could add one shotgun and rimfire, it would be my 12 gauge Mossberg Model 500 pump and my Ruger 10/22T. Would have all hunting covered at that point - as well as handy self defense again.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I ain't played one of these games in a while -but always find them interesting. Shucks, right now I've only GOT one handgun and no funds to pick up a rifle. A lot of it has to do with your surroundings and where you live in the first place. Here? Well, here, south of the Rio Grande by a considerable distance, a 38 revolver and a 22 rifle are hard to beat. Ammo's fairly easy to come up with (fairly being a relative term) since those are probably the two most common calibers.

Now, if I were up in the US - it'd be a different story. There??? Well, you threw a monkey wrench with the "only two" with no wiggle room for an "omnipresent" 22 LR. How can you get along without a 22 in the US of A? Skeeter's character, Dobie Grant, picked the good ol' 22 LR as a "one rifle" in a similar exercise. There's a lot to be said for a 22 rifle - it can take game up to and including black bear and elk - if you pick your shots CAREFULLY. We're not talking about HUNTING, we're talking about KILLING - probably with the aid of "non-sporting" methods. The object being to simply fill the pot. A 22 LR will also give you the means to obtain a more potent weapon in a "Red Dawn" type scenario in which the country's over run by foreign "liberators" and the good ol' boys have taken to the hills.

So, a 22 rifle and a centerfire hand gun. Picking the handgun is tough too. 38 spl/357 ammo's almost everywhere, even in this day and age of the WonderNine bottom feeders. But there's a lot to be said for the power of a 45 Colt in a modern sixgun like a Blackhawk or Vaquero. In fact, it would be easier to download the 45 to "cat sneeze' levels for plinking/smallgame/etc than it is to hotrod the 38/357 to the level of power which a hot loaded 45 is capable of.

So, choice one - 22 LR rifle and 45 Colt Ruger large frame sixgun.

On the other hand, a good centerfire rifle can be a handy thing to have. You've got a HUGE selection up there - I'd seriously consider the 30 WCF - probably in a 94 Winchester configuration. (Grandpa's ol' rifle) The 30-30 has taken every game animal on the North American continent - multiple times. It's not "the end all" of calibers but is still capable of doing everything it ever did do - and better today than 100 years ago since we've more advanced choices in bullet design than folks had when it first came out. Ammo's EVERYWHERE. No self respecting gun shop can consider itself well stocked without a good selection of 30-30 ammo and components are also easy to find and loading tools are common.

And a 22 handgun is a great game getter. You can take small game and even deer size game with carefully placed 22 LR out of a good sixgun. And with a Single Six or other switch cylinder gun you can bend the rules a bit and have two calibers in one sixgun - the 22 WRM allowing you more power for larger animals - even for defensive use against two legged varmints should the need arise. Alan Taylor's old Single Six with one reamed chamber is another style that has merit. Carry it with one empty chamber which can then have a Mag round slipped in for targets of opportunity.

So, choice two would be a 30-30 rifle and a 22 LR/WRM sixgun.

And then, there's the good ol' "common ammo" argument that's got some good points to it. This third setup is purely hypothetical as I've never owned such a rifle - but the theory's sound.

The 357 Mag out of a carbine length barrel is a fairly powerful round. It ups the ante from sixgun level power to near 30-30 levels of power. Plus, the same rifle can be used to shoot "cat sneeze loads" for small game and other low noise applications. Likewise, a good sixgun in 38/357 makes for a nifty packin' piece for protection against most threats in the lower 48 as well as offering more "oomph" for small game shooting. So a Winchester, Browning or Rossi 38/357 caliber rifle with a good single or double action small/medium framed revolver could offer excellent service for a wide variety of applications. I've loaded more 38 spl than probably all other calibers combined over the years and it's given me good service over the years. I've loaded less 357 (and shot even less of it) but know that it's been used to take everything on the continent at one time or another.

So, purely hypothetical (since I don't have them even in storage) would be a 357 rifle/sixgun combo - preferably a small frame Ruger sixgun or a Model 19 or similar S$W along with the handy Model 92 frame carbine.

Of the three? Well, the first combo is my most likely scenario for such a choice as I grew up with a 22 in hand and the 45 Colt would cover the few niches I couldn't fill with the 22 LR. Probable choice of rifle would be the Winchester 67 as it's accurate and the one shot capability it has makes you think before pulling the trigger. But there's some to be said for the stock factory Ruger 10-22, albeit the magazines can be problematic over time. So I guess I named the "only two" combos in order of probability/preference.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I see some of us are still a bit distracted by the scenario but we are getting some really interesting responses. Forget the 15 min emergency scenario. I 'm not asking for survivalist type thinking on this one. When I first posted this, I was thinking we all lived in OBAMALAND, say 5/6 years from now and the goverment has decided that REASONABLE amount of guns equates to one Rifle, one Pistol. We would have to get rid of all weapons except those two (And later I added perhaps we are able to keep a shotgun). So at max, we are considering three weapons, Rifle, pistol, shotgun. I was really interested in the Rifle/pistol thoughts.

In my case, suppose I am living in very tight quarters of a sailboat, and I had no options of storing other firearms, but I still would want to participate in Hunting, shooting at the range, plinking, personal defense, what rifle and pistol combo would I, should I pick. If in a sailboat, I could travel to different locales and I was wanting to hear your choices, look to see where you lived and then hear your reasoning behind the choices. In Pa, I hunt mainly small game, upland game and Deer with an occasional trip to shoot an exotic (like bison this august, yak and bore last year). I hunt archery season, early muzzle loader, regular firearms and late muzzleloader/archery season. My choices were based that I have a shotgun and a longbow which leaves a rifle and pistol. I carry a weapon daily and that weighs heavily on my mind for choice of weapons. I basically need a hunting rifle, a camp rifle, a truck gun and personal protection rifle. I am considering where I will hunt mostly , but also the possiblilty of where I will hunt in the future. I think the likelyhood of a "Red Dawn" scenario is unlikely in the near term but I would think that should that happen, the choice I make now would have to function and serve well. But that is a minimum consideration in the choices I am facing in this thread. Hope that clears it up. Forget the 15mins grab and go and focus on what you do with firearms, what you hope to do in the future and suppose (just for discussion) that we law abiding citizens of OBAMALAND can only have one rifle, one pistol. - no limits on ammo, no police state to rise up against :D just law abiding citizens of country that found a way to limit our firearms to just one rifle, one pistol (and one shotgun for those that need that in the equation) I'm not asking for just one firearm, just which rifle and pistol would be THE ONE to keep. Hope that clarifies.

I really have enjoyed the comments, choices and difficulty of the question. I have talked to some offline and they are really struggling with the choices. This in part was a benefit of the topic, to get us focussed on the items we cherish so much, to consider the reasons why we purchased the ones we purchased, and to discuss the pros and cons of each against those we have, to elect THE firearm of those we cherish, that best suits us. I really would like to hear from some of our SHOOTIST also. Keep them coming. I think the posts will help some out there who are lurking to help decide a direction of purpose, or give one or two of us some ideas that perhaps we have not considered fully in the past. Thanks to those who have posted and I would love to hear lots more responses.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

YK, you can not have 4 weapons. VBG. you must choose one rifle and one pistol (and you can keep your shotgun). vbg. See my post above, this is not self defense in a survival mode type question which I think is a bit easier to answer. Read that post and see if you if have a different choice and try not to faint. :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Especially for our scenario, living on or around saltwater, I think stainless is the only way to go. I think double action revolver is the only way to go. Not because I hate single action, I love them, but double action not only cycles easier on the firing cycle, but is MUCH faster to unload/reload than SA.

Marlin is not the only game in town for stainless rifles. I picked the GS, but I could make a strong case for the stainless M1894, cut to trapper length. My daughter has a Rossi 1892 stainless .45 Colt that would be a terrific boat gun, but I can't speak to the corrosion resistence of the rossi metal.

I prefer Ruger DAs to S&Ws because they are stronger actions, BUT they are not nearly as resistant to salt air/water corrosion as the smiths are. I have a pinned and recessed 66 that lived on the binnacle of all my fishing boats, ignored and forgotton most of the time, but instantly available stashed behind the depth sounder. I never oiled it because oil contaminates fishing gear. Once in a great while I would discover a freckle that rubbed off with an eraser, no damage to the metal. OTOH, I saw a redhawk that was left on a boat over a winter and it was corroded past use, completely trashed. I'm confident that the smith would survive a cold winter on a boat without that type of damage. If it's a carry gun too that kind of seals it as to caliber. I shot a couple of deer with my 4" 66 and didn't much like it. I was using 148g keith bullets and it was a little on the light side. I think my current 185g load would be better for taking deer, but then that's what the rifle is for, right?

Grizz
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

rjohns94 wrote:When I first posted this, I was thinking we all lived in OBAMALAND, say 5/6 years from now and the goverment has decided that REASONABLE amount of guns equates to one Rifle, one Pistol. We would have to get rid of all weapons except those two (And later I added perhaps we are able to keep a shotgun). So at max, we are considering three weapons, Rifle, pistol, shotgun.
After this follow up, I'm changing slightly. Plus, it's Saturday morning...... :lol: I'm going to change back to my original plan of one of my Marlin Cowboy's in .44 mag. But I'm staying with one of my Ruger Flattops in .44 also. In Obamaland one caliber to load for with one or two powders would be smart for me. I'd also go with my old Ruger Red label in 20 gauge and then I could get by with only ONE powder, Unique.

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

A rifle chambered for .22 LR would certainly be difficult to rule out; I remember well Skeeter's article/story, and have nearly purchased a .22 rifle several times. Somehow, though, I have managed to live nearly half a decade without owning one! Therefore, it was not under consideration when I made my choice. I do have a much-used S&W K-frame .22, and a Ceiner .22 LR conversion unit for 1911 pistols, but I could not choose a .22 as my one and only handgun. If the guvmutt decreed one handgun per person, I think my ever-practical wife just might choose a .22 handgun, which means we would have that base covered on a collective basis. Well, she is very practical with firearms, anyway, not with certain other things.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

I would cheat to a certain extent. My "rifle" would be a Remmy 870 or Mossy 500 with multiple barrels. 1st a rifled slug barrel with an attached scope, the 2nd a 28in smooth bore barrel, and the 3rd an 18in or shorter (SBR) smooth bore barrel along with a pistol grip to be used in the home for self defense. Second would be a Browning Buckmark pistol with a 12in barrel. I would then have a detachable rifle stock made to allow me to shoot at as a rifle for small game hunting (SBR also).
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

T/C Encore, and my SRH .454
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

I'm sure glad we don't have to make such a choice - but, if we did, it would be like this for me -

Winchester 95 30-06

And, I would note (nit-picking) technically, revolvers aren't pistols - :roll:
Anyway, it doesn't change my choice -

Or, its backup identical twin

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

i posted earlier that i'd have to think about choosing (from my current inventory) between the 38/357 lever carbine and the ruger p9, 9mm carbine and ruger p95dc... :?

in the end...i probably would select the ruger combination... :o ...

both are semi auto and share operating with same ammo and will share same magazines so there is no issue about ammo and magagzines to feed and stoke each with. currently, i have only four magazines. the advantage to that is i have fourty rounds available as fast as i can pull the trigger and reload. if i were to stock up more magazines...well...you know where i'm going with that.

where many believe the 9mm round to be 'anemic', it still, nevertheless, is a potent round to be considered as adequate in many roles; self defense being one. there's no rational reason the 9mm could not be used to hunt with in a 'survival' or 'doomsday' scenerio. a 115 fmj/jhp from the 16" tube is very capable... :)
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Sorry guys, but If I was only aloud one firearm it would be a SKS or Ar-15. I could get my meat and defend my family. A shotgun would be a close second. I really like my 92 in 45 lc or an 86 in 45/70 -------------------DON"T DO THIS TO ME. :o :o
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Well, If I can keep the Stainless Mossberg (and all its barrels) and one Rifle & one Pistol, then rather than the .454 set, I'd revert to my Stainless .357 Rifle & Pistol.

But otherwise, not much other change.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Ah, OJ, but revolvers are indeed pistols. Sam Colt did not patent revolving revolvers, he patented revolving pistols. :wink:
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Rexster wrote:Ah, OJ, but revolvers are indeed pistols. Sam Colt did not patent revolving revolvers, he patented revolving pistols. :wink:
I stand corrected - first mistake I ever made - that I can remember - (but my memory is nearly 82 years old) :D

Thank you -

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Yes, Mark didn't likely tell Pa (Lucas) "Well, yes I can describe the man. He had a black hat, wore a red bandana and a real fancy revolver." just as he didn't say, re rifles vs carbines "he rode in on a big white horse and had big initials carved on the butt of his carbine in the scabbard." :-)
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

I would really hate to abide by this but I would take my Marlin guide gun in 45-70 and my Ruger blackhawk in.357 mag. I could download or upload the 45-70 to any hunting I would ever do and the .357 would do anything I need done with a handgun. This is with gun's I own, If I could I would trade the single action blackhawk for a double action (maybe better for defense?).
Karl
BigMuddy
Levergunner

Post by BigMuddy »

I am new to this forum, and first thing.....I only get to own 2 guns???? :shock:

This has been a topic of conversation around several camp fires for me. On one trip, we decided all we could bring were our choices. THAT was really tough! The guns I chose would not be the ones I would pick if I was really restricted to just one of each.

My choices would be a FA Mod 83 in 454, 6" barrel. This handgun is a true "mouse to moose" gun with different loads. I do have a 45 Colt cylinder and it gets most of the use. Re-loaded 45 Colts can do about anything the 454 can do, within reason. This gun would work for small game, self defense agains both 2 and 4 legged predators, and would cover my shooting for just the fun of it.

My rifle would be my Model 700 Remington in 30-06. I have owned that rifle for years, trust it and know it inside and out. The cartridge will do anything a rifle is asked to do. Mine is extremely accurate with a Leupold Mk 4 Tactical scope on top.

So while I hope it never happens, I could get by with these two if I had to.
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

BigMuddy, Welcome to the boards!
Break on through to the other side!!!
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Really now guys...we all know that a '94 Timber Carbine is the most handy rifle to come along and then chambering it in the .444 motif it is good for anything from squirrels to elephants.

Utilizing the same "bullet" my pistol choice would be.....what else, a Ruger Black Hawk chambered for .44 Mag!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I gotta stick with my M39 and a 38/357. I just can't imagine having more fun with any other tool I've owned than that M39 Mountie. A plasma cutter comes close, but I make an awful mess to clean up with one.
I live in the city and harvest squills without bugging the neighbors and could take larger critters with spine shots. AND I think if we get to the point of one rifle and handgun, ammo will be more horribly priced than it is now, and the economy......uhhh.......where's that dang soapbox?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I like Tycer will stay with my original reply, even with the additional criteria, a Marlin 39A and my model 19 Smith. Especially since I can now keep my near 40yr old 870 Remington.
jerry b
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jerry b »

I was basically there about 10 years ago because I want to, not out of necessity.

Bolt .22
Ruger .45 colt BH
and, if allowed in the scenario, a 12 ga shotgun.

If I have to give something up, it would be the .22 rifle.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Funny thing is, this scenerio/question is one of the main reasons the Europeans developed Drillings.

Imperious Leader says "One Gun Only". OK. My Shotgun has 1 12ga bore a Big Game capable Rifle Barrel, and a Rimfire barrel.

One gun... Right? :mrgreen:

How about we get around this by the appropriate addition of Take Down front ends...

Get a lever in .444/.410. Same length and same extractor wil work...

Or get a .50-110 and have an extra smoothbore front end made up for .50-110 Shot Loads...

Hmmmm....
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

OI,
I like the way you think
Mike Johnson,

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Here is what we have to date:

Pistol:

ACtion in order SA (25), DA(20), Semi (13) no single shots

Caliber: .357 (16), .45acp (11), 44 (10), .22(7), 45lc (6), 454(4), 40(2), 32-20(1), 9(1)

rifle:

Action: lever (38), semi (8), variable barrel (8), bolt (6)

Caliber: .22(9), 45-70 (8), 308/30-06 (8), 30-30 (6), .357(6), 44(4), .45lc(2), .223(3), .356 (2) and 1 for .300m 9mm .454 270 6.5mm
Mike Johnson,

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94 wrote:YK, you can not have 4 weapons. VBG. you must choose one rifle and one pistol (and you can keep your shotgun). vbg. See my post above, this is not self defense in a survival mode type question which I think is a bit easier to answer. Read that post and see if you if have a different choice and try not to faint. :D
Okay, with that in mind - and the Obamaland comment, I - boom! Darn, I fainted again. Anyway, I would pick the first gun my Dad gave me - a H&R .22 bolt action "Model 750 Pioneer" and my father's service revolver, a S&W Model 19. If I could only have one it would be the latter. Why? Simple, they were his, and they mean a lot to me...

The latter would still be suitable for survival, and actually the former could be too. But if it came down to that, I would want Dad's guns...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

donw wrote: i like rifle/pistol ammo interchangability and the two rugers will share magazines, too... 8) ...i know, i know...the 9mm ain't no 'cowboy' cartridge and they don't make levers in 9mm... :roll:
How about this .45 ACP pair - MARLIN Camp Carbine, and a 1911... tons of fun. 8)

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Manny

Post by Manny »

If I could have only one side arm and one long arm: Glock 21SF & FN SLP 12ga shotgun.
If I can have only one rifle in addition to the two previous, Rock River NM AR15 A4 with a Trijicon TR20-2 mildot 3x9 scope mounted in a LaRue QD mount.
Those are the guns the would give me the most utility.