Need advice please

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need advice please

Post by TedH »

jumbeaux wrote:I guess what throws/confuses my buddy & I is the fact that most of you gentlemen will not hesitate to sing the praises of Rossi or Taurus Braztech lever guns but seem to think that neither of those manufactures can produce a reliable revolver...I have only owned S&W and Colt revolvers hence my question...

rick
I was wondering the same thing. I've owned several Taurus revolvers and a couple of their auto pistols over the years, and I've never had the slightest hint of trouble. Granted they aren't as smooth as a Smith, and maybe they don't lock up like a bank vault, but at the time of my purchases they were considerably less money too. I would be interested in hearing about actual problems that actual people had with any Taurus, first hand. I think sometimes people just like bad mouthing if it's not what they prefer. Not saying there isn't a "fit and finish" difference in some of them, but as far as pull the trigger and it goes boom, I have every confidence in my Taurus guns.
NRA Life Member
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Need advice please

Post by redlevel42 »

jumbeaux wrote:I guess what throws/confuses my buddy & I is the fact that most of you gentlemen will not hesitate to sing the praises of Rossi or Taurus Braztech lever guns but seem to think that neither of those manufactures can produce a reliable revolver...I have only owned S&W and Colt revolvers hence my question...

rick
I own a couple of Rossi lever guns. I like them. However, I wouldn't stake my life on them. If I was going to a gunfight, I would grab a Winchester or Marlin.

I buy most of my guns from the largest gun store in Georgia, probably the Southeast. They sell hundreds of Taurus handguns each year. The proprietor told me they send a disproportionate number back to the factory for warranty work. He told me that "They don't employ gunsmiths; they have blacksmiths."
Georgia On My Mind