What's with all of the recent "TACTICAL" stuff???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What's with all of the recent "TACTICAL" stuff???

Post by COSteve »

You got it, far sighted and astigmatism big time!
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I don't think I would have ever seen the connection between experimenting to determine the utility of a a given accessory on a modern modular rifle platform and playing with dolls had it not been presented here.

What a concept.

'Tactical' firearms are Barbies for men.

:o :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

FWiedner wrote:'Tactical' firearms are Barbies for men. :o :lol:
Now that makes me want to put on dark glasses and a disguise before I slip into my 'den' and fondle,- 'er I mean "handle" my Mini-14...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I have to say to each their own. I have a few of the AR's and such. Basic guns with basic accesseries. It's amazing what is avaliable to hang on them and alot of people are making alot of money. Even though I rearly shoot my AR's I guess I'll keep one around. My son has one and it's always fun to shoot with him. He's 21 and likes AR's, Springfield XD's, compound bows and that sort of stuff. When I asked him if there was a certain gun that I should never sale because he really likes it, he requested I never sale my Marlin 1894 CSS. How's that for a smart thinking young man. Then when ever we have a get together to shoot and he brings along a couple of young buddies, he always asks me to bring along my Gary Reeder 3 inch Redhawk 44 mag. Ya see, it's not all that important what we shoot, it's just important that we pass on what shooting and freedom is all about. If I can allow a young man to choose between shooting my levers, revolvers, or an AR, I'm that much closer to starting a conversation about our history and why this is so important. I say run what cha brung and have fun.
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Well OK, I have been known to 'fondle' many of my 1911s, SxS doubles, lever actions, SAs, and others. But for me, at this time, fondling an AR would be like fondling Pelosi or Rosie! :twisted: :shock: :D
Not saying it will never happen, just not that desperate yet! :D
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

FWiedner wrote:

to each their own notwithstanding, that's funny.

still, I don't think anybody on this thread are the subjects of this thread.
I think the gripe is not about owning or using a tactical weapon, which many here consider to be an obligation of a citizen militia, the gripe is about the preponderance of tactical junk aimed at the market.
Last edited by bdhold on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

bulldog1935 wrote:...the gripe is about the preponderance of tactical junk aimed at the market.
... and that the primary market for that junk is Kids who are more interested in appearance than shooting effectively...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

of course, there is no market without demand
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

that's what the young crowd wants. At my local target range that's all they sell. Look at the wall behind me as I pose with my New Savage:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=42311

Many of those are 22lr, so it's not a matter of function.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

bulldog1935 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

I think the gripe is not about owning or using a tactical weapon, which many here consider to be an obligation of a citizen militia, the gripe is about the preponderance of tactical junk aimed at the market.
This is my "Get Outta My Yard" Barbie:

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

FWiedner wrote:
bulldog1935 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

This is my "Get Outta My Yard" Barbie:

:mrgreen:

An EOTech, a Streamlight and a a real A2 back up sight? -- thats nicely accessorized! Should go well with most outfits
----- Doug
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One other thing is that if a gun looks 'intimidating' enough to the 'trespasser', then they are less likely to go for confrontation/argument, and more likely to just leave.

That's why when we first moved to the 'country', I got a Striker shotgun for my wife to keep the peace with...its 'Tommy-Gun' like looks and gaping muzzle would likely make most intruders soil their pants as they were running away. (Plus, as much as it weighed, even shooting 1 oz. slugs, it recoiled like a .410...)

Once she got proficient with more 'normal' firearms, I sold the Strikers (actually had two) to fund my venture into the world of suppressors.

Now that brings up an interesting question. . . since they don't really LOOK 'cool' (and the best ones are integral and barely noticeable), and since they require registration, are suppressors 'tactical'...? :?:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "