The #1 gun to make again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The #1 gun to make again

Post by Meeteetse »

I would like to see Ruger bring back the original Vaquero in several different barrel lengths including the 3 1/2" Sheriff's model and several calibers. I would also like to see a quality Mdl. 94 come back without all the lawyer attachments and I would love to see a Greener type Coach gun with working hammers and 20" barrels made again by a quality U.S. manufacturer.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

I agree with most all of you guys. 8)
Deffinately, they should also make a Ruger #3 in, say 357 max or 35 Rem.
I agree with AJMD on the Ruger 96 series.
There are plenty that I wish they still made that would probably be usesless to most of us, but just cool for that sake of having one. (Such as a REAL Browning BAR in 30-06. I mean the original 1919 design that was full-auto, not the current semi-auto version that is completely different.) :D
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Ray Newman wrote:KWK: how 'bout a #5 with a side lever or a Hepburn (AKA Heartburn) in .30-40?
One can still buy new Hepburn actions, and I've thought about it.

Last month I read through Marcot's new book on Remington sporter rolling blocks. Oh, my! I'd never seen a good picture of a No.5 in good condition. Wow! What a beauty!

I'm having Lone Star build up a BP roller but am still working on some of the details. I talked with him about the side levers. They look nice and add extraction force, but he said they are a press fit. His wife's has never been apart!

I should have limited my response to a levergun. In that case, a thin side 1881 in .32-40 would be my desire. A 99 in .250 is my second choice in this department.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Not in the exactly in the make again category but Ruger #3 in .30-30, .32-40 and .38-55.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Savage 99TD with DETACHABLE magazine (in aftermarket capacities up to 20+ rounds) that comes standard & regulated with both .308 & .358 barrels...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

How about an aluminum framed '66? If they can make one in silver, they can also make it in aluminum. Of course, this wouldn't be an "again" build.