Goodbye All

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Re: Goodbye All

Post by pharmseller »

Mike,
Take a break and come back. The bad apples might be gone by then.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Mike I sure hate to see you go, really enjoy your posts. I guess I must be asleep at the wheel and have not noticed what you speak of, but then again if it happened in the political forum I would not know about it, quit going there right after it opened, I have enough stress as it is. Hope you reconsider and talk about lever guns, the old board is still here you just need to look for it and pass on the rest.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Hate to see you go....
we are all going to miss you....
but just remember...to most of us...
you are always welcome....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Ya gotta keep in mind, if the admins get too tight-assed, these places are no fun; I think Hobie's just a little on the loose side of the right balance, right now. Hell, I get offended by some stuff, too......... that's the internet. No, that's LIFE!
You can't live in a bubble, no matter what ideals you hold dear. The 50's are over. If they weren't, I'd be able to kick the pelosi out of my thieving neighbor, then run him outta town. If the cops noticed what I was doing, they'd ask, then offer to help.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I found your post, Mike, about staying around before I found this one and I think I found the topic that sent the shots over the bow. although I believe Hobie deleted the flammatory posts. Sometimes family doesn't always get along and one needs to take a break. You are a core part of this forum and would be sorely missed.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thank you all for your posts and encouragement. As you have read on a different thread, I have reconsidered my position thanks to some words by Old Savage, and I couldn't bear the thought of that cross country drive with the group that was gathering. I would never forgive myself should that group run off a mountain watching videos coming to rescue me!!!! :lol:

Travis,

This was not or is not about living in the 50's. Its about living by a creed, exampled by my father, and before him, by many Christ followers back to the time Christ began his teachings. It is applicable today as it was in the 1950's or 50AD. The question becomes, what do I do when I come up across things which are counter to my creed? Do I say nothing? Do I speak out? Do I act? Do I look the other way? Do I allow those actions, words or deeds to affect those I care for? Do I choose to do battle? There is always someone looking, someone watching the actions of all of us. As I mentioned to you in a PM, there may be someone here looking on the site who is also struggling with a faith problem or decision. When Christians - obvious by our signature lines - don't act like Christians, and adversely affect those seeking, then we have failed in the work our father has set before us. I personally, choose to act, speak, show Grace and Mercy rather than name call, to discuss off line the issue rather than air out the grievance before others, to think before I respond and to treat everyone not just as an equal, but to bring light to a dark situation. I do that here, at work, at play, and on the streets of distant lands, or the streets of Baltimore or York. If we accept that the condition is here to stay, then we accept to fail in our Lord's calling. If we choose to ignore or even participate in the poor behavior, then we are little better than that which offends. I don't need to have fun at the expense of others. In this country, for now, you have a freedom of speech that allows opposing views to be expressed. When one puts-down, make fun of, belittle, berrate, curse at, insult and generally discredit someone over different opinions, then they are no longer exercising their freedom of speech, they are just being a bully. And when that is done between two bullies, I won't say a thing. But when I see that here or anywhere, used against those I care about, whether they are more than capable to defend themselves or not, I'm going to speak up. Alot of the people on this forum are my friends and extended family. I won't have them being intimidated or belittled by bullies and stand to the side. I have chosen to stay on and I will continue to live by my creed. You mentioned in another post that I have grown more sensitive over the last year. perhaps I am merely trying to extend the Grace that I have received. I hope it comes across that way in the future.
mike
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

And a Motley Crew we would have been!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

mescalero1 wrote:And a Motley Crew we would have been!
I don't have enough hair.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Neither does Old Savage,
I have enough for all of us,
Mescalero, remember
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

This having been resolved I feel it is appropriate to lock the topic. Feel free to post in the Open Letter topic.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson