Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Don’t give up an inch.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I could not give up an inch….Id have nothing left.

You just made the 13,000 ths.post.

And……did you know……….that California which has the nations toughest gun control laws leads the nation in mass shootings?

While I’m not a huge sports fan, I am watching the final game of the NHL Stanley Cup Series. Hockey players must be the most physically fit of all sports players…..just a guess……while corn holers are most likely the least….probably the dirtiest too. :D
My Fleet of Kubota’s…Z726…Z422…B3350
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wee dogey :D .
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This was just on the 11 o’clock news…………it’s a safe bet that it takes more than one person to make the sign, to sign off on it, and then to install it……probably a dozen people involved all together……….its not like the word is some long medical term.

Ebonics?

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Budlght freezer died.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

A true and bold drinker needs no refrigeration.

A dirty, hot, crusty cow puncher walks in a bar in Tombstone Az. in 1883 and orders a cold beer……nada.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Beer should be cold 38°. I for one don’t care how anyone else likes it or what they drink, just me! :P :P

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I wanted to get out of the house and do a solo ATV ride so this morning I headed out early, trucked my little Honda sport quad to a forest road about 80 miles away, unloaded and rode about 25 miles. It had apparently rained last night so it was wonderfully cool, clear and no dust. I have to admit I hit a couple of sneaky cowpies in the grass which made a mess of my ride and my clothes but that's all part of it. I had a good morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:20 pm Beer should be cold 38°. I for one don’t care how anyone else likes it or what they drink, just me! :P :P
36-38 degree beers sounds perfect right now.

I need to vent as I just got introduced to the specialty vet care industry.

My 120 pound Great Pyrenees decided to play running back with me chasing as a line backer. She made a hard cut and went serious lame on the left rear. Couldn't really walk and I had to assist/lift her into the rear of the car.

8pm emergency vet clinic visit. $700 for radiograms, meds (codeine, caprieve, gabapentin), etc and to be told she detached her ACL. They said that I needed to contact a Canine Orthopedic Surgeon. I found a board certified COS and we're going Monday for the pre-surgical consultation ($189). They gave an estimated price range of $5500-$7500, with an 8 week recovery.

Our pets are family and we will do what is needed, but that's a chunk of change for about a 1 hour surgery. She's worth it and she's paying for it by being an amazing guard dog and predator deterrent. I need a beer. The joys of retirement.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A friend had a Great Pyrenees with a similar problem from wrestling with his sister. I adjusted the dog under anesthesia after X-rays at a vet’s office with good results.

The owner bought me this wrist adjusting drop piece in thanks. I borrowed one like it to do the adjustment. No charge by any one.

Hope yours works out.

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Unfortunately, the ACL is completely detached. She doesn't do anything half way.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
abar20manfan
Levergunner

Post by abar20manfan »

jdad,
Pound for pound the price doesn’t sound too bad :(
This little 9 pounder had surgery on his right rear leg about 5 years ago, $4,500 :o
He will be 11 soon :)
image0.jpeg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Walt that's awesome man! Sounds like a great ride. I had an 87 Honda 250x and a 96 300EX. We used to run the 300 in the summer when it dried up. I'd give my 450ES a break and run the 300. I know of what you speak. You get covered with everything on a sport quad.

jdad,
Sorry to hear about you pup. That really sucks. As much as the money hurts, nothing compares to seeing your dog in pain. That's just bad. Hope he's on the mend soon.

Oh.....beer is good no matter what temperature. While I like it just as close to freezing as possible, I've drank more than my share of warm, hot, and frozen beers.
So today I headed to camp and mowed the clearing down by the stream where I extended it. I'd cut and brush sawed a good sized addition and then promptly didn't do anything. Naturally, I had to start all over, but I got it all cleaned up and mowed. Headed home and mowed both my inlaws and my lawn. Then took a little ride on the Harley this evening. Now I'm sitting out on the patio with a cold beer. The skeeters found me so I'm headed in.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Jay, you're working too hard! No, the way your place looks makes it all worthwhile. Good job!

Riding a motorcycle is incredibly therapeutic. I'm a fool for putting off the oil change that I know my BMW needs before I take it out. I even have the oil, the air filter and oil filter sitting right beside the bike. Too many irons in the fire. I've been retired for almost five years and I have no clue how I got anything done while I was working. You're taking care of it, buddy. Keep it up!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha I hear that!
I only work 3 days a week and still don't have enough time to get everything done. I don't see it changing when I retire. My dad has been retired since 2004 and still isn't caught up. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great photos Walt, I took a trip up to the moors but didn't have enough time to explore, so good reason to go back.

Dogs sure do cost a lot when they need medical help but it would be impossible to denie them and still live with yourself.

A lot of Americans seem to think we Limeys drink warm beer ..... Not True...... maybe it was true during the second world war but most pubs have got electricity now.... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Thanks, GK. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it always improves my outlook.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I went back over the moors sooner than I thought, the .410 I bought arrived at the dealer who was doing the transfer and I say it was the nicest journey with views over miles of moorland and only 40 minutes away from where I now live.
The little Stevens single shot 94p looks like it has had very few shots put through it so apart from a few gun safe dings I'm happy and can't wait to help our Red Squirrel population by thinning out a few Greys.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Why the racism, GK? Why do you like the red squirrels and not the greys?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Walt wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:12 am Why the racism, GK? Why do you like the red squirrels and not the greys?
The Red Squirrels are native the Greys are not and have caused the Reds to nearly die out. Where I now live is one of the few places in England that Reds still exist, my son once worked here as a full time Grey Squirrel trapper. Apparently the Greys brought with them a disease that the Reds had no immunity to.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Crazy hot here…….Funny thing….red squirrels are open season in Pa year round. Years ago I was upstate hunting turkeys with a 22-250 with loads that had the power of a 22 magnum and I saw a fully black squirrel at about 75-100 meters……took close aim to shoot his head off and missed………so I went back to the cabin to get a beer and didn’t miss any of them.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Heck yeah, beers are easy targets.

It's 006 PM here and the temp is 77°, getting light rain. Very pleasant....it never gets muggy here.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pretty sure there's an open season on red squirrels here too.
It's 62 here. Clear, cool and breezy today. I'll take it!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

???

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well? What?

We’ve been laughing all night. The Dems actually are going to run a potato for Pres…….the potato in my pants has a better chance of winning even with all the squeeze marks on it.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The run down on 1913 94?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, whatever they think is best.
I really can't offer an intelligent opinion on politics.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Why does it have to be an intelligent response? I do what they do, make up whatever comes to mind. I did say on another post that the debate was “done by design” in order for the dems to save face with the nation when they replace him.

Fred…it’s an 1894 with a serial number…….thats all I can see…..

Beautiful weather here. 80, all sunshine…..slight breeze……
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's the nicest day of the year here. High 60s, clear air, and a nice breeze. If I hadn't of used so much time already, I'd rip today off. I did take a little ride with the trail bike this morning.

I offered my opinion back along on another post. I offered a purely political opinion with no personal attacks or insults. I was called stupid for my expressed opinion. So much for political "discussion".
I don't discuss politics here anymore.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Insults? here? Like, my man, who gives a flying F. Are you talking about the “Speedreaders” post? I was in on that too….. If so, does that mean when someone writes something about you that they are calling you an idiot? YOUR FROM MAINE, from where the strongest loggers and independently woods people come from……where people don’t need other people but are always willing to help those in need.

Geeze, if anyone on the board has been condescended on it’s me…….I'm not changing my ways for no one and if I get booted, sayonara m.f. Must be a half dozen people here, on this post who left because of me……..good riddance, I say. :D

I’ll talk about anything I want to talk about and offer my opinion and if they don’t like it, they can go eat a pile of Shaq O’Neals s. They may have to cut it into several piles and eat slowly. See?

I will never (NEVER) let anyone make me feel smaller and if they don’t like it, after eating Shaq’s deposit, they can chomp down on Lebron James’s roll of tarpaper.

It’s only a forum and some like to be thought of as one who rides the moral high road…….they don’t don’t publicize what they do when no one is looking…..go read what I wrote to that Jeepnik a.h….he loves Muslims…if he likes them that much maybe he ought to put what little money he has and donate it to Hamas………

I spent 44 years as a Teamster working with some of the baddest of the bad where the difference between civility and savagery was separated by a toothpick…….they taught me well, especially to survive amongst the ones who “think” they are in charge, no matter where that be….

Oooooo, I’m religious and I’m a high ranking member of the church……..ain’t NONE of them live in glass houses…..——-00
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't feel smaller. I'm not insecure in the least. I don't have to convince anyone of my opinions on any given subject to validate it. I don't come here to argue and get in a pizzing contest. Yup, im from Maine. Im pretty independent, and i can take care of myself. But i live where everyone is like that, and im not the toughest, so you speak politely and act respectful. Ask the guy that spit on my Harley. I make my decisions based on my (Hopefully) honest observations. Period. I don't say anything here I wouldn't say to someone's face. I DO try and be respectful, and have apologized if I had accidentally offended someone.
The post I speak of was some time ago. I could look but it doesn't really matter. I voiced an opinion, I was called stupid by a "friend" (I dont have many here), so I posted a reply. Then, they went back and changed the word "stupid" to something "less offensive". Never apologized, nor stood by what they said (which I'd of had more respect for). I left my posts as i typed them. Not one word changed or deleted. Because I take responsibility for what I say and do.
There was a time that these things could only happen face to face, and the speaker had no choice in taking responsibility. They now call this "the good old days". But in my observations, few actually want them back. When I don't care for someone, I don't speak to them. When I speak OF them, I say nothing I wouldn't say to them.

I've already spoke too much of this.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I like that…well said pal…….(it wasn’t me was it and if it was I didn’t mean it?). Heck, I’m wrong all the time or sometimes “purposely wrong”. :D but you said it well that the people in Maine are like you….here, I’m by myself and a few others….the liberals look at people like me as low life’s…..gotta have Dockers on, a suit and drive a 80K imported car.

Last year I was at the window at the post office getting stamps (or something) and this very well dressed woman barges in in front of me and says, “I’m in a hurry!”…..she picked the wrong guy as I said, “Oh! I see, you must drive a Mercedes Benz so do everyone here a favor and get in line”. That was mild on my part as with all the witnesses there were her kind and would have sent me to court.

If you ever notice, big guys like construction workers are rarely like that….its always the skinny neckers with upper arms the width of pencils who think they are something special……

I don’t like to fight and at my age I only have about 30 seconds of fight in me and let me tell you bro, you and your son would be the last people I’d want to pee off…..that boy of yours looks like he can pick up a car with one hand….

Building a new support for the spring out front……can’t figure out why I only got 49 years out of it…shabby building supplies…. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha 49 years. Yeah, they dont make anything like they used to.
Yeah, that kid of mine is a scary dude. We have our middle sons wedding this summer. My boy and oldest grandson is coming down for it. My DIL to be has a cousin we met at a funeral last summer. What a friggen DB this guy is. I was really pizzed, and if it wasn't a family funeral he'd of got told. I have little tolerancefor that. I saw Kristy looking at me with worry, but I behaved. When we heard he was going to the wedding, the first thing Kristy said was, "I can't wait till Cody get a load of this *** hole. That should be something to see".
Cracked me up.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What did he do to give the impression of an a.h.? Maybe it’s just his character like my brother’s flaming liberal wife…..I mean flaming! From day one in 1966 I hated her and she hated me……oh well, ain’t seen neither of them since my dad’s funeral in ‘07. He’s not moving into your house so let it be.

Here’s the spring. I found where the water was coming from, dug a hole, lined it with 6 x 6’s and ran heavy PVC 190’ down to the edge of the property……years ago I used to leave a case of beer in there and while I was cutting grass, I’d stop off for a cold one. I had a little tiki bar floating in there for mixed drinks. Hired a Jamaican to sit next to it. I did give him a little umbrella on the hot days…49 years and it never once clogged up thanks to 1/4” rat wire.

The pipe runs about 25’ after the wood pile.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Code Brown!

Post by Sixgun »

My old co
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just a smug, DB. Just didn't like him or the way he spoke to my wife. No, it doesn't matter. I just won't interact with him again. Simple.

Hey! That's really cool! I have a spot at camp I'd like to do that with. It's not far from the camp and would be handy to have. Downside is it's so rocky up there.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Rocky? That what a pick or an iron post hole bar is for…….you big and strong! With it covered to keep out vegetation and dead animals it’s free refrigeration.
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not THAT big and strong! Lots of ledge and jeep sized rocks. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Look here Kemosabe…..YOU big….you strong…you gots pick & shovel…..you have determination…..you have need……

Maybe, just maybe. You have mighty explosives! Makem big hole………I come help……,,.you digem small hole 4” x 2’………pour 4 lb. bullseye in……putem in 6’ cannon fuse…….insert old towel…..pour in rocks and put old refrigerator on topem for higher compression…….light…..run…(far)…no need for pick and shovel…….me bring lots of 4 x 4’s …..me bring em big box of 6” lags.

You bringem level…we build…you buy em beer and smokes….we drink…we laugh….we havem fun.————Tonto
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha ok.
Starting Monday, I'm off for 2 weeks. I'll be waiting...... :D
I really should go look that spot over though. Some water runs out when it's wet and goes through a culvert under the road about 20 yards from camp. Where it comes out is a little clearing behind the camp and I was going to trench it to run by. You could probably make a spreader and irrigate the clearing if you wanted to plant it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I wish…….I was the brains with the initiative AND the tools to transform a junk hunting camp into a pleasurable place to go. Built a pistol and rifle range and a separate 5 stand trap range…….these were all good guys but they were slugs who just wanted to drink. Everything was fine for about 5 years and then my nephew, (by marriage) got involved. He’s the one I told you about who fell out of a tree last fall whom I couldn’t stand the sight of..,,,”camp politics” caused by him destroyed it all and one day I told my BIL, f.u.

Another reason why I have to have MY stuff…..I wish the heck your place was less than a few hour drive as two or three guys together can come up with new ideas and have lots of fun doing it. I would not be a PITA and only occasionally pop up for shyts and giggles.

I cut some 1/4” diamond plate today with the Makita angle grinder for the spring …….that ain’t easy. The electric Makita circular saw would have been a lot easier but I didn’t have any carborundum blades.

I left a hole for the cats and deer to drink from like I had it on the other. Gonna put some stainless wire 4” below the water line in tomorrow in case a small animal falls in.

Miss
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good idea letting the critters drink. When it gets hot they need good water.
Yeah, it sucks its so far. Even so, you're always welcome buddy. It's nothing fancy, but I didn't want it to be. I wanted it so if I walk away and come back in 5 years, everything is ok and ready to go. No hassles.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh well…wishes sometimes come true…..

We had a severe lightning storm and I had both dogs in bed under the covers. They were shaking like an earthquake………while it was thundering I let a few go and mom says,”geeze! you hear that one? sounded like it hit the house!” I told her I’d go outside to check.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha oh man that's nasty! Poor little critters. That's worse than the storm. Ours don't like it either. Two big shepherds and all. Gracie will climb right up in my lap if I'm in my recliner. Guess I'm her "emotional support human". :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

2s8nq6.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah.
Well, the good weather is done for the moment. Got up to sticky and nasty. At least it's supposed to be better soon.
Man, I hate to go back in there tonight. When I left this morning I could have never set foot in that place again.
Absolutely hate that place. What a waste of 36 years. Gotta hang on for 3 more.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! GK is on the prowl!!!……..something about dogs….some don’t mind it while most are afraid of it……a guy at work lived for rabbit hunting…….you know, a dozen beagles, pick up truck with a huge cap on it with cages……..used a Browning “Sweet 16”…….he told me that the gunfire didn’t bother most beagles and if it did, he shot the dog. No attempt for finding a home for the dog. He was an old school “bro” from southern Delaware. We were buddies and always b.s.’ed.

One day he came to me and said this new Browning 12 ga was too long for him and he couldn’t hit nothing with it and asked if I could take an inch off the stock which I did. I asked him how come he didn’t use his long owned Sweet 16. He said that after a hunt he put the gun on the roof of his truck while he caged up the dogs and drove away. Someone got a nice Belgium Browning.

——00
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm always on the prowl but every time I log on I have up to 22 spammers to zap and by the time I've done that I've forgotten what I was going to post... :oops:

Still burning wood here must be Global Cooling.…windy too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I told ya GK is on the prowl……he’s like a big old Tom cat sneaking around looking for unsuspecting “cats of pleasure”……..it’s actually a bit nippy here too….68, dry and a breeze……..Thats boiling hot for Jay…….last time I saw him it was 40 and he had a t shirt on…….

We had an inch and a half of rain in 1/2 hour yesterday……2 hours later we had another 1/2”………grass started to grow again during the night……

It’s Monday and Jay is getting his beauty sleep…….
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Coming attractions …

And btw, John Deere is moving their production out of the Midwest to Mexico.