BTW...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

BTW...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... I know we don't mention birthdays as much lately, but "Happy Birthday" to my son, know here as "Y2K"! :D :D :D

He turned 26 last Thursday. I was traveling on business that week, so didn't make it here.

Really just wanted to keep my record going. I think I've wished him "Happy Birthday" here for oh... 20 years or so! :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: BTW...

Post by Griff »

Happy Belated Birthday Y2K. I can remember when I was 26. I believe that was the year I bought my 26th car... although I never owned more than 3 at a time... Happily, I haven't kept pace... Although I do own a couple more than 3 now! And for some reason, I was beginning to think I could trust those over 30! :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Happy belated birthday YK2.... :D sorry I missed it, I was busy moving house from the South of England to near the Scottish border.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

"Burfday" wish from me, Jay! 8)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Wow time flies. My kids similar ages and they used to be toddling around the house and yard, making messes, catching snakes, and helping me lose my tools. Now they being over grandkids to do those things.

Good news is one now lives in the house next door.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Happy birthday.

You guys realize you can track Y2K’s journey through life in these pages.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:11 am
You guys realize you can track Y2K’s journey through life in these pages.
Yep. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:09 am I was busy moving house from the South of England to near the Scottish border.
That sounds interesting!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kid,
You get an A+ on parenting as most of the time peoples children turn out with the same basic values and smarts as their parents. My kids both have done well also but I just can’t get them to stop buying antique Winchesters & Colts….guns and guns, more guns and ammo, obnoxious towards college educated people with white collared jobs. They both despise people who drive imported cars and in their gardens, they both use Rossi’s for tomato stakes and rebar….Have no idea where they got that thinking from.

You tell Y2K we are proud of him and are especially thankful for thinking and living “red”. Well done to both you and mom…..——006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 pm Kid,
You get an A+ on parenting as most of the time peoples children turn out with the same basic values and smarts as their parents. My kids both have done well also but I just can’t get them to stop buying antique Winchesters & Colts….guns and guns, more guns and ammo, obnoxious towards college educated people with white collared jobs. They both despise people who drive imported cars and in their gardens, they both use Rossi’s for tomato stakes and rebar….Have no idea where they got that thinking from.

You tell Y2K we are proud of him and are especially thankful for thinking and living “red”. Well done to both you and mom…..——006
Thanks Six!

Wasn't easy, as you fight stuff from 365 degrees 24/7. Only worse now. I really feel for young parents now, and worry about my future grandchildren. My wife and I only wanted to get them a good start in life and hope that they do a little better than we did, the same dream of all parents throughout the years. I am really worried about their generation being much worse off than we were at the same stage in our lives. They certainly will be less free. :evil:
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

Hunting mostly adventure in the western Maine mountains. Also deer with either one of these 35 Rem Marlins.
20240511_133126.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The young kids these days have a HUGE problem finding decent friends, and near-impossibility finding dating candidates for a serious life-long committment.

Those fortunate enough to be raised within a good church environment have some decent folks to be around their age, but the ones who go off to college are exposed to the most shallow, virtue-signaling, and lazy fools imaginable.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "