One Special Sixgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

One Special Sixgun

Post by JimT »

Last week I attended the CSA shoot in Arkansas. I left a day early so I coud stop and visited with an old friend. I have known her and her husband for close to 30 years. He passed about 10 years or so ago and she is now 91 and doing well! Before I left she handed me a pistol and said she wanted me to have it. I was surprised! This gun has never been cocked! I told her it was extremely rare and could get her quite a bit of money for it. She was adamant that she wanted me to have it. I told her I would never sell it.

There were only 51 of these made with the agreement that Ruger would never build any more just like it. I only know of a couple getting outside The Shootists group, making this one VERY rare Ruger.
IMG_6740.JPG
IMG_6741.JPG
IMG_6742.JPG
IMG_6753.JPG
IMG_6754.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Re: One Special Sixgun

Post by LeverGunner »

That's awesome. I didn't know such a critter existed, thank you for sharing. I'm not familiar with Tom Ruger or the Shootist group.

What would it's approximate value be vs the standard stainless Single Six Bisley?
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets.

Lead Alloy Calculator
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

WowJim, what an honor!

Sorry I missed CSA last week but I look forward to the Holiday.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's just plain cool, but sorry to hear about your friend.

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

LeverGunner wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:58 am That's awesome. I didn't know such a critter existed, thank you for sharing. I'm not familiar with Tom Ruger or the Shootist group.

What would it's approximate value be vs the standard stainless Single Six Bisley?
Tom Ruger was the son of the Founder of Ruger Firearms, Bill Ruger.
Tom was working with The Shootists (https://shootists.org/) on the project of the first Shootists commemorative pistol. After his death Shootist Terry Murbach met with Bill Ruger and told him about the project and asked if he thought it would be a good idea to continue the project gun but make it a memorial gun to Tom's memory. Mr. Ruger approved the idea and these rare pistols were the result.

I have no clue as to the value. For a collector who is gathering up a copy of each variation of Ruger sixguns, one of only 51 makes it a very desirable piece. The fact it has never been cocked only increases the value.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That's wonderful Jim. Can't think of anyone who deserves or will take care of it better than you. 8)
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

Thank you for sharing that story Jim. Do you think you'll fire it?

Lead Alloy Calculator
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

LeverGunner wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:07 pm Thank you for sharing that story Jim. Do you think you'll fire it?
No. I won't. I have the one I bought when we had these made. We shoot it regularly. I had a set of hand-carved ivories put on it. Paul Persinger made them.
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2409.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Very nice, quite a unique piece.
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

JimT wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:18 pm
LeverGunner wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:07 pm Thank you for sharing that story Jim. Do you think you'll fire it?
No. I won't. I have the one I bought when we had these made. We shoot it regularly. I had a set of hand-carved ivories put on it. Paul Persinger made them.

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG
Very nice, thank you for sharing.

Lead Alloy Calculator