NEW HENRY 45-70 WITH 22 INCH OCTAGON BARREL

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oldebear1950
Levergunner 2.0

NEW HENRY 45-70 WITH 22 INCH OCTAGON BARREL

Post by oldebear1950 »

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS RIFLE? I just bought it and will pick it up on Monday. I am a big fan of 45-70, and have owned Rugers, both #1 and #3, Marlins before Ruger bought them, both the rifle and Guide gun, Henrys , with out the loading gate, and an all weather with the loading gate, but this is the first like this I will own. As you can probably tell I am a fan of 45-70s
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NEW HENRY 45-70 WITH 22 INCH OCTAGON BARREL

Post by Grizz »

oldebear1950 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS RIFLE? I just bought it and will pick it up on Monday. I am a big fan of 45-70, and have owned Rugers, both #1 and #3, Marlins before Ruger bought them, both the rifle and Guide gun, Henrys , with out the loading gate, and an all weather with the loading gate, but this is the first like this I will own. As you can probably tell I am a fan of 45-70s
I don't know anything about them, but a search shows a lot of them available . . .
I am a 45/70 fan also, it's like it's the GOAT Gun. :)
EG73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by EG73 »

They look good and I haven’t heard anything bad about them. Over here they’re heaps cheaper than marlins, too.

Do wonder if they can be converted to .50 Alaskan..
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No experience with the Henry .45-70, but the Henry .22 LR is a great gun. I assume they are like most manufacturers, and quality carries through all pruducts in the lineup.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost