Lyman receiver sights for Savage 99

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Lyman receiver sights for Savage 99

Post by big bear »

a decade or so ago I got into lever guns, specifically Winchester 71's then later Savage 99's.I like shooting with receiver sights so I sought out vintage receiver sights ,(Lyman and Redfield). I have several fine to excellent examples of these sights that I never used. I am thinking of selling them (I have reached an age that it is unlikely I will be buying any more old lever guns (unless a nice long tang 71 or a 71 carbine

were to throw themselves at me :D ). So I'd like to sell some of them . I bought these mostly off eBay and paid $200-300U.S. for them. This was before all the restrictions on cross border firearm parts shipping. I am unsure where vintage receiver sights fall under current laws. I'd love advice on the current market for such sights. I have similar old steel Lyman sights for Winchester 71s.I am going to sell the Savage sights first.

Any and all comments appreciated. Keeping them seems dumb to me, they would just end up in the dump or sold for pennies on the dollar at an estate sale. My sons' interest are more toward 7mmPRC hunting rifles and 338Mangleum long range rifles.

Cheers!