Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….that thingy under the dash on the right hand side…PITA to get to. That part is the only thing that ever broke down in 18 years, other than normal stuff that wears.

As for women, the better they look the more PITA they are…it’s proven that good looking gals expect more and somehow think they are special……the problem starts that after they lose their appeal they still think they are somethin’ special.….last week we were watching the 3 stooges on the 65” and in one episode there was a “woman haters club”. I saw it years ago and didn’t understand but I sure understand it now.
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

An accomplished Rubicon mechanic with a hot chick. OW, thinkin your gettin farther from Hicksville all the time and those high end Eichesters … then there is Blanche Carson ;-)

Doing a rib roast tomorrow.

Here is the Cold Steel collection. Going to use the Trail Master to carve the roast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. But I've HAD to be an accomplished mechanic. The wife was just luck.
Besides, I live in a little shack and built a camp on an old trailer frame.

I still be hickin' :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes….your “hickin”……..but compared to me you’re just “fitting in” and don’t really draw attention to yourself. I stand out like a sore thumb…….i only punched out 7 people today from the normal 23. But, it really ain’t much as you have tough people up there and the biggest male around here is 97 pounds………wet………
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

An interesting link..talks with common sense…but you know, white people are afraid to comment.

I live it.

https://youtu.be/sjI7YKg_eoo?feature=shared

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

WOW, wake up Christmas morning to find Jay has fixed me up with Blanche from Cornville, never had a Christmas present quite like that before :shock: and here's me still waiting for my new teeth :oops:

Six, I watched the link :o is that guy still alive :?: it's no wonder he has to watch his back in what we in the UK call "culturally rich environments" ....

Foggy, rain, and mid 50s here.

Anyway guys I hope you all enjoy a Merry Christmas 🎄
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I ordered my first ever SAA. I have a couple of New Frontiers but never a SAA. It's a 3rd gen 5 1/2" .45 coming from Guns Int'l and it appears to be unfired. No cylinder line, no buggered screw slots. It cost me about double of what my previously most expensive guns cost. Oh well..... Should be here by the end of the week.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Merry Christmas to all you scoundrels out in levergun land. Have a wonderful day!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Walt!!!! First, Merry Christmas to everyone……although we were raised Roman Catholic, we have a different view of Christmas…….we celebrate it for what it really means. As far as gifts are concerned, it Christmas everyday. My mother toad me dat, dat if’in’s yo want, you’s can havey Christmas everyday….and that’s pretty much how I ran the last 69 years……and I’m a peon.

So…..on to good news, Walt got himself a single action Colt…..I always tell people to buy de best but most people want instant gratification and buy some foreign junk.

Ya gonna shoot it Walt? or is it investment? We gotta get you some elephant ivories with pre war nickel silver medallions….

Just a warning……if Jay (Old Win) shows up at your place, hide the dang Colts…..last time he was here he left with a dozen first gens, even though I don’t have that many in first gens…

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Six, I'm not a collector and not smart enough to be an investor. I shoot 'em all.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Merry Christmas my friends! Hope you outlaws have a great day.

Hey Six, it's hard for a hick to stand out here. There are levels though. After all, I don't live in West Athens or Cornville. However, I DO have property with a shack in Brighton. :D

Don't fret GK. Even with no teeth, you could charm a coyote off a gut pile. She'd be lucky to have you.

Walt!
Good for you man! I knew you'd fit right in here! We all have genu-ine Colt SAAs here. Our pal GK doesn't (we don't think), but that only cause of his geography. He'd have 12 of em otherwise.
I bought a NIB 3rd gen 4.75" .45 a year or so off GI myself. Never had a 4.75", and I always wanted one. Both my others are 5.5". One 1st gen 45, and a 2nd gen .357.
Only wish I had more. Nothing like em!
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

As far as foreign guns are concerned, I have a very few. I have a handful of Glocks (just had to see what all the commotion was about. I don't shoot 'em cause I hate picking up brass) and I have an Astra Constable in .22 lr that I bought about a century ago. I can't think of anything else. Oh, I have a Browning Superposed but that's more like quality junk.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I got one Glock. It sits on my nightstand and I leave it in my truck when I'm at work. They are what they are.
I have a Browning 92 in 44mag. It's the only Browning I own, but I agree, they are pretty good quality.
Now....full disclosure, I DO own one Rossi 92 .357. It's an old Interarms version that belonged to man that helped me a lot with old guns when I was a kid. It's more sentimental than anything, but it still got me cut from Six's will. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I realize I make a very bad “umbrella description” of saying all foreign guns are junk……..we know they are not all junk. Glocks and Berettas along with about anything the U.K. ever produced, along with about every military guns anyone put out (except the Italians) are fine serviceable weapons……..except most are ugly…….very very few have the graceful smooth flowing lines of anything John Browning designed.

I am at cause for one thing……..that’s when about 95% of the board members start to write anything about Rossi’s, everyone of them stops before hitting the “submit” button, pondering, “what’s that a.h.Sixgun gonna have to say about this”.

Yes, get used to it…..Christmas everyday…..and everyday, certain guns just can’t cut it…..and need to be disposed of and every citizen should be forced to buy an antique Winchester or Colt…..BY LAW…..when the supply runs out and the prices jump 7,000% I sell, and then I don’t care what happens as long as I have alllllllll of the loot…….

Be careful what you’re getting into Walt………..we is crazy……but……we have fun.—-006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What do you mean “cut from Six’s will”? Who needs a will when you just come over and steal the damm things?

I know you want a single action Colt in 38 W.C.F. in the worst way……especially ones that have .401 throats and .400 groove diameters which the four of mine do……..when your ready I’ll SELL you one cheap o……very I just want my money back with inflation so that means anything that cost me $500 in 1982 will only cost you $17,000 today….fair?

No bud, for real, I’ll cut ya a smokin deal.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha it's true!
I owned a pile of original Winchester 92s long before I had that Rossi. The difference is stark. :shock:
I'm sure if that all you've had you may not notice, but I don't know how. Especially if you understand machining and quality workmanship at all. I do think many people today are just less detail oriented. Like Six says, they just want instant gratification, then move on to the next thing to add to their pile of stuff they use to impress others.
I don't care about that. I like stuff that lasts. The old stuff in almost everything is just better. It's not that things can't go wrong or break, but it's intended to be fixed and repaired. Not designed to be just thrown away.
I love seeing old Winchesters that show show a return for repair or rebuild on a factory letter. Can you imagine that happening today? No way.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. My buddy! :D
17k? I'll have to pay you in spruce and hemlock. I have to keep the oak, beech, and rock maple for firewood. And pine for cash.
Seriously, are Colt 38-40 throats and grooves as consistent as Winchester grooves in that cartridge?
That's what I always liked about Winchesters in 38. Those puppies are dead on 99% of the time.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gosh, that OW is like a little brother. I have a Glock by the bed, the picture below is a Rossi 357, the target is from my B92 44 Mag. I overhauled a Gravelly garden tractor before he was born. But my Jeep probably not 7k. Have never even seen an original Win 92. Guessing they never made it out west. And I think he has a Colt like the one in the picture. Grew up on a farm my grandfather bought in 1913 about 25 miles from Six.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah that's weird!
I even almost bought an old Gravely to make a deer hauler out of at camp!
Great minds think alike. Well....my mind ain't all that great. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six hp, about 3O+ attachments, that one is from 1957, still running. Used to go with my dad on demonstrations. He sold them.

And I have been to Milo and Schoodic.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's cool buddy! Thise old Graveleys are just awesome. What a great idea and design. I always liked them. And yes, they last forever. It's amazing how many are still around.
Hey! I've been those places too! :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I remember our neighbors having a Gravely mower with a front sickle bar when I was knee high to a grasshopper living in northern West Virginia in the middle 50s. It was scary powerful and unstoppable. They are very rarely seen here in NM.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Like Maytag wringer washing machines, Jeep Wranglers and Duracell batteries, those Gravelys kept on going and going and going.

You’ve never held an 1892? We can fix that to the point of you actually owning one.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Send me your best 32-20 and we can work out what I OWE you. 😅

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Or better still send ME your best 32/20 and then work out what OS owes you.... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Put up or be quiet….

One of the last to leave the factory and is only a hundred or so numbers from the last recorded…. Most likely made in the late forties from parts made before the war……it’s going to go some time this coming year along with a like new 1873.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's just beautiful buddy.
And that 73 is unbelievable. Great stuff.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey you! …..thank you….I actually found that gun in a hunting camp in Maine. The guy had a nice JD tractor there, along with a filled wood shed, snowmobile, an old red Jeep……..I just wanted the gun……also at the same cabin I found a flattop Ruger 357 which I ended up selling it to him…….

Other than the dreary weather we are having, nothing else changed. My BP is up….must be all of that salty stuff I’ve been eating the last few days….that, and I splurged on a 12 pack of hard seltzer which I emptied in one day. I don’t drink anymore but I will get a buz on during special days…..seems like I can’t even do that anymore…..—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha now come on! I'd never leave anything that nice laying around up there. Only thing up there is an old model 68 Winchester.
I drink beer almost every day. However, it's not in any amount. Maybe 2 or 3 over several hours watching old movies. Same with a nip or 2 of bourbon or rye.
I ain't so young anymore. :D

My 8lb can of Unique came today. Should hold me for a bit. It's about the only powder I buy in that quantity. I use a lot if it. Even when there may be a better choice, I am comfortable with it and it's just so versatile.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, people do not know the versatility of Unique…….but like Bullseye, it has a short range to pressure spike HIGH…….in the last 6 years or so I changed to W231…it’s burn rate is in between Unique and Bullseye but it’s much more stable if you drop in an extra grain or two…..I know one very seasoned shooter who loads 10 grains of it in a 44 magnum with a 250 cast for nearly all his revolver shooting. I load 7 grains in the 38-40,44-40,44 Spl, 45 Colt. It’s somewhere are 900 fps.

Could not believe the guy I sold the flattop to did not recognize that it was already his. He has so many nice guns he probably didn’t notice.

On another note I noticed you are “Old Win.” and Fred is “Old Savage”. I want to be “Old Sixgun” but Fred fixed it so I can’t change my handle. Fred…I want to be “old” like you and Jay. If Walt hangs around he can be “Old Walt” and GK can be “Old GK”. And the funny thing of it is, is that we are all old, except for Jay who’s not far behind. 🤪

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like "Old GK" it has adds a certain air of experience and it's certainly better than the more accurate Decrepit GK... :lol:

55f here but yet MORE rain ☔
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Yep, Old Walt is gonna hang around. Turned 73 a week ago.....I feel like an old phart. Two year old granddaughter has been running me ragged for the past few days. I'm worn out.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thats pretty good IMO Walt. I'm 56 and my grandkids run me ragged.

Hey Six, I was lugging that old flat top up to camp just the other day. In a cool old Safariland SA holster. I've always liked the Ruger Blackhawk, and have owned a few, but the old ones are on a whole nother level. I only have one NM now. A 6.5" 41 magnum.
Yeah, I know Unique is spikey, but I'm just so uses to it. It works for me cause when I load for my old Colts and Winchesters I weigh every charge. When I use my Dillon with Unique, I have plenty of room for a safety margin.
I load 6.5gr in .357, 4.5 in .38, and around 5.8 in 45 auto.
I know there is better stuff nowadays, but like the sing says....."Lord knows, I can't change."

As for the "old". I'm not as old as you fellas, but like my wife says, "I was born old." It's true. Our oldest and youngest sons are the same way. The middle one will always be young.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OS and OW are already taken. 56 to 76 seems to be the range. I just came here looking for a value on an old Savage. They surprised me with a name request, just took that. Sixgun is a cool one. All sorts of stuff to go with that gk is an icon. Walt, ;-) no idea how he came up with that.

But does anybody else have their own cologne, or chili?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I just used an abbreviation of my interest. I Google something and a link to this forum came up. I lurked awhile and then decided to join. It was the only forum I ever joined.

Cologne......?
I guess if there's one that smells like Hoppes #9, 90wt, gasoline, and cheap beer......
You could call it OldWin? :shock:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No Cologne or Chilli but someone up in Yorkshire named a Beer after me... :wink:
450x450.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bravo!

Have ancestors from Yorkshire.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Man! You guys got it all together…..your own names, beer, cologne, even chile with an unfired Colt…..

I ain’t got nuttin’….not even a sling shot….its rainy, overcast bad, ……….but. I have 6 tins of Skoal. Days like this entice me to go back to bed.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow!
I can't imagine any greater honor than having a beer named after me.
Closest I got is good ole Door Yard. From Oak Pond brewery. Best of all, its good stuff.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'll have to look out for "Door Yard" ale but doubt I will find any over here..no one knows what a door yard is... :?

Blowing a gale here with even more rain....🌂
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I think OPB's idea of export is sending it to Cornville. :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Our daughter, her husband and our granddaughter headed to Santa Fe this afternoon. They left their big, stupid dog here until Sunday when they head back to Okie City. Mama and I will drive to Santa Fe tomorrow morning and join them at a children's museum. We met them at the same place last year but the granddaughter was probably too young to enjoy it. We'll be back to our own routines beginning Sunday. Yay!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The older I get, the harder it is to break routine. It's a crappy part of getting older. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:19 pm Wow!
I can't imagine any greater honor than having a beer named after me.
Closest I got is good ole Door Yard. From Oak Pond brewery. Best of all, its good stuff.
That HAS to be computer generated…..lDooryard Ale)…🤣. Then there’s Gamekeeper Ale with 9.4% alcohol……one or two of them I wouldn’t know the difference in the safe after Jay visited.

Raining heavy..supposed to get 2.5”

“Routines”……….yea, pretty much essential but the routine changes as you age, especially after you retire. I went from jamming 30 hours worth of work and fun into 24 hours and now, mostly my fault, have too many hours in a day……over the years, whenever I built something, bought something, whatever, I did it to “never having to fool with it again”. Like, everything around here should have a “Maytag” sticker on it.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well it ain't computer generated! It's a real thing. Matter of fact, last time I came down I was going to bring you some but I couldn't get it. OPB is a small local brewery. It's on the .....you guessed it.....Oak Pond rd., east of town.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Christmas certainly disrupts any chance of keeping a routine alright... still that maybe a good thing, well at least as far as the increased food and drink... :wink:

Saw some blue sky today for about half an hour then more rain and wind, temperature in the 50s though.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Pond rd?” Better check what goes into that pond……I can visualize cigarette butts floating around in a bottle of that.

Maybe GK can make us a bottle of “Cornville’s Best” or maybe “West Athens Finest”. For here it would be “West Philly Trash” and “Chester Crabs” as you’re gonna get them just by driving down the street. A white man only drives through these areas during the day, unless you don’t mind getting shot, stabbed, carjacked, robbed. If it happens, the “poelice” will say, “what the heck you doing in dat part of town?”

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I love that stuff, where it's the victims fault.

"Well, you shouldn't have left the keys in the car."

And, "You should have know better than to walk down that street".

A few more years and I'm sure they will start jailing the victims for "tempting" the criminals.
We're half way there. They no longer jail the criminals, so we're just one step away.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Well, Dr Sixgun, you have a nationwide chain of motels named after you! Having a beer named after you is chickenfeed compared to that.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! That's a good observation Walt!

Motel Six. He'll leave the light on for you..... but steal all your coold Colts and Winchesters while you're sleeping. :D