The 'cruelty' of hunting...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

The 'cruelty' of hunting...

Post by AJMD429 »

From the 'Coyotes Pack Hunting' post I clipped this - ". . .Following the continuous screams of the deer, they came over a hill to see a young buck on the ground with 5 or 6 coyotes tearing it apart as it was still alive, and in distress. . ."

I always remind anti-hunting folks that other than constrictors and venomous snakes, few predators other than humans bother to actually kill their prey before starting to eat it. We actually go out of our way to try to make sure that the death of the prey is as quick and humane as possible.

And many of us actually ALWAYS give a solemn Prayer of Thanks to the animal and/or God for the gift of completing another step in the circle of life.

Not sure the coyotes do that too often (though maybe that's what some of the howling might be sayin')... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: The 'cruelty' of hunting...

Post by wvfarrier »

The only good yote is a dead one
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I told my nephew he should have taken some video of what he saw when they came upon the coyotes tearing that young deer apart, just so we could show those who think hunters are inhumane. They have no idea how inhumane predators are by comparison.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

That's how bears kill people, they sit on you and eat your guts and organs. Your screams can be heard for miles.

nature, LIKE hamass, just wants to kill us . . .
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Grizz, do you mean Ham Backside? :P
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

1894cfan wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:57 pm Grizz, do you mean Ham Backside? :P
this is how language evolves . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Don't you mean Devolves? :?
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

If you ever get the chance to see Eagles hit a Antelope time after time until they rip the spine
to a bloody mass of ribbons so the poor Antelope cant hardly move let alone get up, you will think the coyote
is such a cuddly fur ball, i prefer my coyotes to have a large diameter exit wound. :lol:

ollogger
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

1894cfan wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:44 pm Don't you mean Devolves? :?
BOTH of course . . :)
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bob Hatfield »

At least one of those big kitty cats will break your neck and choke you to death before it eats you. I think it will?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

wvfarrier wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:21 pm The only good yote is a dead one
Same could be said about liberals and tree huggers :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

wvfarrier wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:21 pm The only good yote is a dead one
I dont know about that. I like them. Love hearing the howls at night, love the few times I see them here in Ohio. Their numbers appear to be diminishing in my area as I rarely see or hear them now. I used to hunt them for fun in Ohio, Wyoming, and Montana but stopped that silliness years ago. And told those I let hunt my property that coyotes are off limits. Figure God created them for a reason and they certainly are not harming me.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

anyone with an axe to grind about hunting only need google animal experimentation. when they fix that hell on earth they can start worrying about something as natural as hunting an animal. Some of it is medically useful but a lot of it is science for sciences sake. vivisection and outsourcing to 3rd world companies who are too poor to anesthetize the 'animal model' . I dont know if animals have souls but a lot of scientists apparently dont. Sorry off tangent there, but yeah when anti's start whining to me about killing an animal I remind them how many animals died a lot harder so they can wear deodorant
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Stay!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Nice rifle!! What did you do with the coyote? Skin it out? Assume you didnt eat It
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sadly, both hides were destroyed. The trapper is a 44 that was stoked with 240gr XTPs. Sucks, cause that was a nice big male.
The small female was shot with a 30-30. The side in the pic is ok, but the off side had a massive exit hole.
These were shot on my property. Deer, rabbit, and partridge eatin varmints. I don't normally just shoot stuff to be rid of it, but coyotes are the exception. Luckily, I haven't seen any, or much sign since.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.