Shooter's World Buffalo Rifle powder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Shooter's World Buffalo Rifle powder

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Natchez is running a "free hazmat" special for orders over $99 right now. So I was looking at powders, and saw one I am not familiar with - "Shooter's World" powder, specifically "Buffalo Rifle". Has anyone ever used this powder? Thinking of it for .45-70 rounds. Maybe even .45-120 Sharps rounds. I usually load the latter with Goex, but like having some smokeless rounds available. My go-to has been 5744 recipes from Kirk D.

Thanks!

YK
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Shooter's World Buffalo Rifle powder

Post by Rockrat »

I believe it duplicates 5744
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Shooters World Buffalo is the original 5744.

Natchez is showing buffalo out of stock. Same at bruno's, grafs, midsouth, midway and powder valley.

When it is available it is often discounted to half the price of Accurate xmr 5744.
m.A.g.a. !
Turdyturdy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Turdyturdy »

Yup, Buffalo Rifle powder is made in the Czech Republic by Lovex and is known as D060-01 in Europe. It is bottled by Shooters World LLC. While it is commonly thought to be the same as the older 5744 powders that may no longer be true as the new production Accurate 5744 is now made in Canada. By The way, the Buffalo Rifle bottle has load data right on the bottle for 38-55, 40-65 and 45-70.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

I use it all the time with 5744 data. Very happy with it especially since it's much h cheaper than the Accurate product.

Eric
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I looked at the price for World Buffalo powder and it's not cheaper than my IMR4198 that I love from Powder Valley. The free hazmat helps, but not enough for me to change powders. I paid $374 for the last keg of IMR4198 with hazmat and shipping added. The Buffalo powder at Natchez is $352, and guessing shipping will be $20-$25.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks fellas! :D