Must be fall

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Must be fall

Post by GunnyMack »

I cleaned the garage yesterday, I found a mouse bait station, empty of bait and full of mouse caraway seeds.
Told myself to remember to rebait it and set it aside.
Just went out the garage door and the bait station was on the floor!
Ok guys I'll give you something tasty ( insert manicial laugh here )
Then I decided I should throw some bait in the shop ceiling as well, I've been hearing all kinds of pattering vermin feet up there! ( more manicial laughing)
I no longer give vermin a free hand to live their lives since they ate 2 circuts of my electrical system and could have caused a fire in the house.
20230508_143839.jpg
The blue tape was temporary fix. Now those wires have been replaced with MC .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Must be fall

Post by Bill in Oregon »

No quarter, Will! I often find past evidence here, but nothing current so far.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Those little critters helped keep me employed for 30 years but now I'm currently retired.... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Actually the ones to blame for chewed wires isn’t the mice. They just do what mice do. The ones to blame are the wire manufacturers.

The manufacturers switched to plant based insulation and effectively provided a food source for mice. Now they know this and could make changes but that costs money. And wires that get eaten need to be replaced. So, they sell more wire. The manufacturers and mice have a symbiotic relationship.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The wires chewed in this case were from 1964, the old cloth wrapped stuff. Where they came through the wall top plates was where the chewing occurred- mice trying to get through.
This room was always weird, flip on the lights and if a bulb blew the breaker would trip... scratched my head over that as did a few electricians. Once I found the chewed wires I had that AHA! moment. Explained it all.
If I ever build my own home it's getting MC throughout.
It's a wonder the manufacturers have not been sued , but im sure the public and lawyers don't know about that.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

My Son is a supervisor for a big cable company. He just dealt with a customer who had trouble for months . He had to tell the owner of a newer 400k home that the mice had eaten the cable lines in the walls . His tech who was working on the job all along dropped part of the ceiling in the basement only to be showered by mice droppings. this is a bad year around here for mice and chipmunks. rodents are nasty critters.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:23 am I cleaned the garage yesterday, I found a mouse bait station, empty of bait and full of mouse caraway seeds.
Told myself to remember to rebait it and set it aside.
Just went out the garage door and the bait station was on the floor!
Ok guys I'll give you something tasty ( insert manicial laugh here )
Then I decided I should throw some bait in the shop ceiling as well, I've been hearing all kinds of pattering vermin feet up there! ( more manicial laughing)
I no longer give vermin a free hand to live their lives since they ate 2 circuts of my electrical system and could have caused a fire in the house.20230508_143839.jpg
The blue tape was temporary fix. Now those wires have been replaced with MC .
Yeah 100% of my home wiring is in conduit. Affordable if you do it yourself.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "