Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Dang! That baby is up there..15-18’? By Pops getting up there shows he’s in pretty good shape……must be the clean Maine air and a healthy lifestyle. That camp sure is time well spent.

Sure is a heavy chain holding up the bed…you planning on bringing up some of the Maine table dancers?

Nothing going on here…4 straight days of rain.

How’s this for garage brightness? 8 x 8000 lumens plus a hardwired 4,500 spotlight brings it to 68,500 lumens.

Maine comfort.

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You win!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:02 pmYou win!
Thanks Fred….a true win is when you’re not expecting it..223 also

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Gotta be able to hold up some weight. Someone may pick up a local at the Athens corner store. :D
Actually, it's for psychological reasons. It has to be way overbuilt or nobody will dare to get in it.

Hey now! That's some serious light bro! Looks good. Man, look at that cherry Rubicon. All tucked in under a cover. Holy smokes bro! And here I thought mine was in good shape. Well, it is for up here. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

"Haha yeah. Gotta be able to hold up some weight. Someone may pick up a local at the Athens corner store."

Thanks for the tip..... :lol:

Seriously you have put a lot into the camp and I'm bloody impressed.. :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:26 am "Haha yeah. Gotta be able to hold up some weight. Someone may pick up a local at the Athens corner store."

Thanks for the tip..... :lol:

Seriously you have put a lot into the camp and I'm bloody impressed.. :mrgreen:
Thanks buddy. The best part is it still hauls down the road like a camper. No taxes!
And we have about 5 grand in the whole thing. Headed back up in a few.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That chain has got to be $7-10 a foot.

Wow!………………………first time in 4 days with no rain……

Nothing going on here.……………maybe I’ll look out the window and see what the birds are doing for some excitement.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got the hardest to move stand done today. Man! I had to hump that thing a LONG way through some tough going. It's all up anyway.
Then, instead of going after the easier one, I opted to go back to camp and finish my log steps. I got that done and still had a little time, so I fired up the John Deere and went down to do a little more ditching work. While i did that, dad swung the new brush saw for a while.
Back up tomorrow to get that other stand moved. Then I have to go clear a couple blow downs and do some brush sawing on the upper trail.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I like those steps Jay…..simple and rugged…….it actually gave me an idea for a new set of steps out back……like, why do the 2x10”’s need to be notched out?. I’m getting ready to build a new set of steps and landing out back…..the ones I made out of rough cut oak rotted out in 5 years even though they were painted. These new ones are going to be made from pressure treated 4x4”’s….recycled fence posts from a rich horse breeder down the road…..this guy gets a new fence, about 15 acres every five years and peon me gets the residue……..must have 200 of those 4X4’s. Most of them even have the little spades at the top,,.,.

This rich horse breeder told the fence company, “give the old posts to that poor guy on Glen Mills Rd as he drives old Jeeps and has a stone driveway and even burns wood for heat.” I tell ya, it ain’t easy being poor. For dinner tonight we had tree bark soaked in rain water and tomorrows breakfast is going to be dandelions, roots and all. Hoping for a crow to fly by so I can get it with a sling shot for lunch. Trying to find some salt but 50 cents a quart would kill us. Mom says she will go into Wegmans supermarket pretending to be a customer to get the little packets of salt where they sell hotdogs.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The 2x10s aren't notched. There are small flats on the bottom and a notch at the top where they are lagged to the "deck" (made out of a free pallet). The 2x10s are just lagged to the logs. This is a total redneck operation. Plus, it's stronger with no notches.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nothing much to report here other than cooler and still wet and I'm getting frustrated with my search for a hammer 16 gauge. I have seen several 12 gauge shotguns even including a O/U made in Finland that is an absolute bargain :o but the 16 continues to be elusive... :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hold out for that 16 buddy! Nothing comes close.

Well I busted my hump at camp today. Got the last stand moved by 10am. Then, I played idiot. After we got back to camp, I took the chainsaw AND brush saw and left down the trail on foot. And I mean rough foot trails. All the way up to the north corner. Clearing blowdowns and brushsawing any growth in the trails. I had to do 2 or three trails. Plus backtracking to change saws. Then I called dad to meet me down at the clearing by the stream with the 4 wheeler, and humped all the way out my old trail. Must have walked 2 miles. At least the route I took I didn't have to walk uphill.
Then I went back to camp and drank a gallon of water. Went home and hit the shower, picked up Kristy and the pups, and headed back.
I sipped a cold beer while she cooked supper. Not too shabby.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jay…..I was using “notched out” as a figure of speech…..as in “like, why do they need to be notched out?” Never mind….

I wouldn’t call it redneck, I’d call it simple, rugged, and long lasting………that’s how I like to do things…….”notched out” is for the upper class…….we’s be n###a’s!

I cut the back 3 acres and power washed the Kubota Z. I HATE power washing but the grass was damp and we are expecting all kinds of rain tomorrow….set the mower deck at 4”.

Who’s that little gal by the stove? She looks about 15 y.o and maybe 90#…….amazing….she’s gonna be a 100 years old……

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

With a gorgeous figure like that she certainly ain't a Cornville table dancer..... :shock:

Still no action here, I have become a couch potato :( dumbest thing I have ever done was to move here but the pressure was on and I just didn't think it through :roll:
Good job I have a good imagination so I can dream about robbing Sixgun of a little of his treasures and heading up to Maine.....then flying out to see Southern California and see the Hi Ho Silver rock..... :mrgreen:
All I need is a winning lottery ticket :?

About 64f here and cloudy.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. She weighs 100 pounds. And yes, she will most likely make it to 100. Her doctor can't get over how healthy she is. She HAS to outlive me. :D
You're right GK, she ain't from Cornville. :D
Had a great night's sleep and got up to a coooool camp this morning. About 40. No sense to light a fire, just light the gas lights and make coffee and breakfast.
Mmmmm. I'll be good till supper now.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yes I'm envious..... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I know I've said it before....
If you ever get over here, swing by the house and I'll give you a few guns and the key. Head on up and woods loaf to your content buddy.
However, if you pick up any company in Cornville or Athens, just remember that old trailer frame has a weight rating. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, when you give GK the keys and the guns, give him a nice Colt that I still have the serial numbers to……

I got into an issue with the township yesterday…….they claim motorists were complaining that the lights in my garage blinding them and I responded by saying, “shouldn’t they be looking at the road instead of rubbernecking towards my house?”

Well, The township said I was violating the light ordinance so I went to Home Depot and got some black spray paint and put a light coat of black paint on the lights and let the paint dry overnight…….I just turned them on and none of them work.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh buddy.........
The paint should have gone on the garage and door windows.
Or put up a fence along the road with big middle fingers painted on the outside.
Let that light shine, bro! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes…the lights are shining right where I want them to…..🤣

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Where the sun don't shine? :D

Haha sorry man. I had to.....

Oh man, back at work. This 3 day work week thing is killing me. My buddy that just retired called me yesterday and we wound up shooting the bull for an hour. I Never talk on the phone. He wanted to ask me about a moose bullet. I really should take that as a compliment cause this guy has forgotten more about huntingband shooting moose than I could ever know. He is also a wicked gun guy and accomplished handloader. Good guy. He has a surplus military 5 ton like your buddies. It's all set up for just moose hunting. Pretty cool.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My buddy sold his after he got it all painted up and had all of the proper markings painted on it. He even got the shovel, extra gas cans and other stuff that belongs on it…..as usual he made a ton in profit.

You wanna read something funny….go google “Meatball in Philadelphia”…….she was live streaming looters and urging them on.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! What a hottie! And smart too. She's got it all.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Smart is an understatement………..she is brilliant………..so brilliant, she almost outshines a 2 watt bulb. She got het name “meatball” because she ate a dozen meatballs for each meal, smothered with Tabasco sauce and hot seeds….at least that’s what they call hot pepper flakes

Well, sunshine today at last……..think I’ll pull the splitter out of the barn……gonna cut and split those walnut logs……a shame but Fred had his chance……..there’s some nice lumber in there………

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's what I need! A friggen wood splitter. I'd like to have one for my 3pt on my tractor.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I seriously thought and looked into one of those for the 3350 but the price isn’t much different……….the tractor eats up a more diesel than a splitter uses gas. Mine has a Honda engine which is a no brainer to maintain. All you do is add gas.😄

Tractor Supply has nice splitters for sale at around 16……I was looking at them last week. Also, the new ones have two stage pumps so if you get a knotty piece of wood that’s hard to split it kinda like gears down.

Got mine out of the barn today and set it up……2 pulls and she fired up….using 94 octane gas with stabilizer helps………we are gonna head up to the Kubota dealer tomorrow and see if they have a vacuum system for the z422……..I’m done leaf blowing, chopping up, burning, whatever. We have a lot of Norway maples here with big leaves….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My only issue is it's just another engine I have to keep running and to keep the lousy fuel from trashing.
I figure I could split it right there with the tractor as I'm using it anyway to yard the wood out.
I don't know..... it'll mostly come down to what I can do cheap. So far, that's been swinging a maul. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Don’t be a sissy….I split 4 full cords a year for 34 years….that’s 136 cords with a sledge and a wedge……I went through at least a dozen mauls and sledge hammers……….the stuff i split was not straight grained pine but intertwined white oak, gum, maple and occasionally easy popular.

Then I bought a 40 ton splitter and needed the loader to lift the main shaft….then I bought a 25 ton that does everything the 40 ton one did.

I’m hitting’ it bro.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nope. I'm gonna be a sissy. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That OK being a sissy……I was behind a school bus last week and watched the kids getting off……..the males all looked like they couldn’t fight their way out of a super wet paper bag…….for real……sissies……..hunched over with their arms hanging straight down with their sissy back packs on…….backpacks? We never had that stupid stuff…

……..when we got off the bus we had to fight to get to our doorsteps, we all carried baseball bats, branches, rocks, machine guns…….(I made that up)……..but there were fights occasionally.

Nice day…..called the Kubota dealer up and ordered the deluxe model grass/leaf catcher……I’m even gonna pay them to put it on……tired of turning wrenches……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute.
PAYING them to put it on? Guess I ain't the only sissy. :D
Just hackin on ya bro.

Yeah, it was rough here in the 70s. We walked to school and back, and in the winter it wasn't funny. Way less fights in winter though. Too cold to take the time. And everyone had so many clothes on it was hard to fight haha. The rest if the year, however, you better be able to back up your mouth. If you had solid buds, it made a big difference. Loners were easy pickings......sometimes.
A group if 2 or 3 bad azzes rarely got messed with.

Well, it's a sad day here in OldWin land. I cleaned my beloved Harley with the utmost care and detail. Other than my wife, it has to be the the most beautiful thing I have. I've had it almost 16 years and can still just stand and stare at it. She still looks pretty good if I do say so. Not one scratch, and that's pretty good for being on the road that long up here. The real catch is, it would be a beautiful week to ride up here. Unseasonably warm, leaves turning......
Alas, I have much to do, and it would just mean I would need to clean it up and put it up later. Nighty night.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Your Harley looks pristine, hats off to you for keeping it so... :D I used a degreaser called GUNK it worked pretty well and the shiny bits got a good rub over with AUTOSOL but but I never achieved the showroom look.

Yeah, I walked to school from day one whatever the weather, I think with evolution kids in the future will have little legs and large thumbs.. :roll:

Watching John Wayne in Stagecoach for the millionth time....got my nickel plated .32 RF as used by Hatfield the gambler by my side.
1939-Stagecoach-Yakima-Carradine-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you buddy. I remember Gunk!
I use S100. I think it originally came from Germany in the 80s. I think there is better stuff, but I KNOW it, so I stuck with it. It's a spray on, hose off affair, and works pretty well. Then I dry it with a leaf blower and apply Mcguire's wax to the tins, chrome, and even the frame. People often ask me how I keep it so clean and new looking.
The secret is to not let it get TOO dirty to start with. Then it cleans up quick and easy. Looks great without a lot of work.

Good ole JW. "Comfort movies".
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang…that baby does look cherry……..like me, I don’t let my stuff get too dirty before I clean it, unless of course, like a week upstate…..when my stuff gets dirty even a little I wash and clean and then protect……not many people get 50,000 miles from mud tires and mine still had an easy 10K left on them..

The grass/leaf catcher is ordered and coming up from Georgia…$400+ to put it on as the pulley on the deck needs to come off and a double pulley is reinserted…that’s what powers the grinder……I made a killing selling some guns and I have lots of free loot lying around…got about 8-10 coming in in the next month or two so 400 ain’t nuttin…..I’m old and tired and have become brain lazy. Besides, my neighbor smirked at me last fall when my pull behind grass sweeper would throw the pine cones over it and then he came out with an invention…..nothing more than a piece of plywood on top of his sweeper…..he smirked and I didn’t like that so when the leaves start falling next month I’m gonna go right at the property line and smirk back…..and the leaves on his side come from my trees….Ha!, I’ll fix the old bas:)+=

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I been to your place, so I know you take care of your stuff. That Jeep is incredible. I've never seen one cared for like that. It's like a Vette.
I don't blame you on the mower, I was just giving you a hard time. There are some things I dont care to work on. I loved working on sleds when I was a kid. I don't care for it so much now, cause they are at an awkward height and I'm bent over all the time.

Oh my God! I'm old! It's official.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jay…..you will see in due time…….even changing the oil becomes an all day job with little to zero enthusiasm…..making an important phone call that requires you to hit 7 different buttons to reach the right person becomes a nightmare…..

Well, nice weather….like super nice.

My new Classic car plate should be in soon…………2 weeks ago I was at a stop light and in front of me was a car with antique tags and it was a beat up old 1980’s Chevy sedan of some sort….THATS how you beat the system but of course, you can’t use it for work. Here, that’s the only restriction…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, here too. I was going to put antique plates on Old Red. Once you do, you don't need an inspection sticker anymore. I heard you can't even pull a trailer though. That's BS, I'd chance it anyway, but it's dad's rig so it's his call.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sure….I would put antique plates on Old Red……just make sure it’s clean with a fresh coat of wax on it and armor all the trim and tires …….they made me take four pictures as they can turn you down if it’s a junker and heavily modified………antique and Classic plates are a lot different where the antique plates will give you much more options in saving money…..like I said earlier, you just don’t want to get in an accident driving to work as you will lose your A…

I had antique plates on the Firebird and it was something like $100+ a year with 10K statement of value policy….

It’s hot here…80 degrees……

Can’t believe it costs me 4K just so I can “smirk” back at my neighbor…..🤣. NOBODY smirks at me without retaliation…..😜

Hey! I found a smirk emoji…😏. 😏. 😏.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hot here too. It's ridiculous. It's freaking October! I think I got a sunburn working at camp.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, then we can smirk together……ready…..1,2,3,…….smirk!

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cloudy and cool here... well it is England :(

The old 1950 landrover I had when gamekeeping was classed as an "estate vehicle" and was only supposed to use public highways to get from one field to another, one day I had to take two motorcycle traffic cops to a crime scene I had reported, they laughed when they saw the tax disc was years out of date but didn't ask any questions
I also used a 1965 series 2 for long trips that was fifteen years old and was always referred to as the New Landrover probably still is knowing the boss... :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Where'd everyone go :shock: Is it something I said......... :?:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Where’d everybody go? I see GK. Jays been doing a lot of preparation work at his camp and probably comes home with 4 tons of dirt and chiggers on his skin. Old Savage has to fight his way into his office by dodging needles, wine bottles, and used condoms.

Nothing going on GK, personally I’ve been doing stuff outside and I don’t find the climate as enticing as it once was…….too much wokeness which has even infiltrated the ones who think they are conservatives……..

About the only good thing that’s happened is that 600 year old sea hag, N.P. being kicked out of “her” office.——006

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yeah, nothing going on here either.

Temp 62f cloudy grey and cr@#.... :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm ok! Sorry boys, been a busy week. I got everything pretty well done at camp. Well, except for the woodshed.
I got the little storage shed done yesterday.
Hey GK, love hearing about those old Rovers. Good stuff.
My hitch came for my trail bike. I got it cleaned up the other day so I can put that on now.

We ain't got chiggers up here. We have ticks now, though. In the last 10 years. I've checked every day but haven't found any.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I can’t think of nothing worse than chiggers…….they burrow in your skin…….I only had them once and I must have sat down in a nest of them…must have been 2-300 on my legs……I’m going back 30 years and I didn’t know what to do so I smothered my legs in Bag Balm and wrapped them with Saran Wrap …it worked.

I like that shed. I was thinking the other day of getting something similar to put my propane tanks, gasoline, diesel oil and some other stuff I don’t want in the garage…..what is it …plastic? What’s the size and the price? That looks like about exactly what I want.

I see you have been hanging out behind the supermarket for those 40x48’s.🤣

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Leaves turning already?!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GOOD NEWS!…….

All year long the “bro’s” have been taking over the street in Philly with dirt bikes and ATV’s riding on major roads and causing chaos..HUNDREDS of them!…….cops can’t get them……..well, yesterday and today the cops had a helicopter and drones and set these animals up………..they cornered them and confiscated many trailers full of dirt bikes and 4 wheelers…….each driver is being fined $2,000 and the machines are ALL going to the car crusher at the junkyard.

Wonder how many are going to “miss the crusher”. A few of these 4 wheelers are top grade machines…….

There’s a lot of mad bro’s tonight.🤣. 😂. 😜 The cops said most had vin numbers erased…..

Read it

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good to hear that the streets of Philly are being cleared of trash even if it's expensive trash.... :D yeah I wouldn't mind pickin' through it though.

Jay, if I owned your Camp and Buckingham Palace I would live at your Camp and rent out Buckingham Palace. You and your Dad have created a little piece of heaven 8)

Those two motorcycle cops begged me to take them down a green lane in the old Landrover but I refused as a couple of weeks before I had to get a tow out when I got stuck :oops: :oops: :oops:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six.
Yeah, the shed is 7.5x8 feet. It's a Rubbermaid and my middle son bought it at Sam's Club. It's pretty well made, and has a couple metal trusses and a bunch of cross braces in the roof. Up here, winter will be the question. But it's better built than the outhouse. Not sure what he paid, but it probably wasn't cheap.
My kid bought it to leave his 4 wheeler in, but we also put cans of diesel and gas, loading ramps, and other odds and ends of tools.
We are also going to haul the ice shack up there. It is going to be a "scent locker" and closet. During hunting season, we don't want our hunting clothes in the camp. They smell like bacon, Wild Turkey, and puke. :D
If you bring your rifle in, it gets soaked in condensation. So, we will have the ice shack filled with spruce boughs and unheated. Coat hooks and gun racks.
In the summer, the ice shack will be an outdoor kitchen, so the camp doesn't get heated from cooking. Plus, it's more storage. Keeps clutter out of the camp. There is a counter with a Coleman stove and all the needed utensils already in it.

Oh GK, buddy! Those Rovers need a classic big ole Ramsey PTO winch. :D
I had one on my old 59 Willys CJ5.

A short rant....
I get these animals running wheelers and dirt bikes all over the roads gotta be squashed. I get it.
But running these fantastic machines through the crusher is criminal.
Instead, punish the azzhats doing it enough to make most not want to take the chance. If YouTube can not allow certain firearm content, then they can disallow THIS content too. These douchbags are making MONEY by filming this stupid stuff. Lastly, SELL or auction these machines off and at least get some money you don't have to steal in the guise of "taxes" from people who did nothing wrong.
I'm done.