"This Ammo Won't Fire..."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"This Ammo Won't Fire..."

Post by Old No7 »

The scarier thought is...

That personal also BREEDS and VOTES.............

Old No7

( Click on image to enlarge )
Won't Fire.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "This Ammo Won't Fire..."

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes they breed but what is scarier is they were able to buy a gun!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

The forty and under toob/f.b. generation are all instant experts.

Way back in 2016 when folk were stocking-up for the expected hilabitch win and 9mm luger was scarce, an online purveyor had many cases of 9x21. They went to great length to warn buyers that this would be too long for the parabellums but they still sold them all. Of course, they were immediately castigated on social media but they sold, in two weeks, their slowest moving item (turning green) that had been languishing on the shelf for years. .
m.A.g.a. !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This just proves my point that many in the "shooting community" know next to nothing about firearms.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Way back in 2016 when folk were stocking-up for the expected hilabitch win and 9mm luger was scarce, an online purveyor had many cases of 9x21.
They went to great length to warn buyers that this would be too long for the parabellums but they still sold them all.
Well, if you were REALLY hard up for 9x19 cartridges and had some time on your hands, you could
disassemble 'em all, trim the cases back 2mm, and reassemble. A LOT of work though, don't ya
think?! :lol:

-Stretch
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

I once overheard a gunshop employee explaining chamberings to a customer. The buyer was under the impression that a person could buy one gun of their liking and then buy whatever ammo they wanted to fire in it. A .22/.380/.44 mag universal ammo launcher sounds interesting but I don't think the technology is there yet...

I've also seen people firing unscoped or sighted rifles twice, one being a 700 with no sights or scope installed - was shooting at a 100 yard target too. The second incident the guy was a little sharper as he actually had rings installed and was sighting through them.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol:
Crazy fools
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

The concept of trying to help educate them never came up? Only ridicule? Sad.
Click Click Boom
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The only thing dumber is when the idiots call them "heads."
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Gobblerforge wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:34 am The concept of trying to help educate them never came up? Only ridicule? Sad.
If this was directed at my comment, no. It was on a large public range with multiple RO's - not my lane.

I have helped people out with legitimate issues due to equipment or experience, sometimes that doesn't go well either. The two guys who burned through 100+ rounds with a scoped AR without getting zeroed comes to mind. Asked for help, didn't listen to asked for advice, went home with no ammo or zero.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Work a hunter sight in at your local gun club, and you'll be amazed at what you see from some "hunters" planning to head out each fall! I've seen numerous cases of guns and ammo not being the same. Also seen guns that were such bad shape that we wouldn't even let the shooter fire them, and returned their fee to them.
It's scary to know that these people might be out in the field at the same time as the rest of us!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/