Elasmobranchology.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Elasmobranchology.....

Post by Ray »

That is to say, the study of sharks. I've always been interested in sharks and this week being "sharkfest" on the natgeo channel with "sharkweek" coming soon, I began browsing "ootoob" for interesting videos. I came across an aussie stand-up comedian lamenting that both academia and the shark enthusiasts on social media had gone "woke". Seems the term "great white" is now considered racist. The memoes and public service announcements have gone-out instructing that the proper, politically correct title is now "grey pointer". The comedian who was also a surfer and a shark attack survivor said he was being interviewed by the local telly station about his harrowing experience. When asked the size and variety of the shark that had attacked him, he simply could not remember "grey pointer" and did not want to offend so he confidently said "A full five metres and 700 kilos." then, unsure if it was the word "great" or the word "white" that is no longer cool, he apologetically murmured "modest black".
m.A.g.a. !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Elasmobranchology.....

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm not, nor will I ever be politically correct so I'll keep calling them GREAT WHITES.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Elasmobranchology.....

Post by piller »

Grape oinker! :roll: I would never remember that term for a shark.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost