Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858

Post by Rube Burrows »

I am not sure how many people here are aware of the Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858 that Pietta has going around right now. I thought I would share a little bit about it here for those who have not heard of it.

So, The Brotherhood of the Traveling 1858 is an engraved Pietta New Model Army "1858" that Pietta is nice enough to ship around the country and let people try it out.

The person gets to keep the revolver for a whole month. It comes in a big wooden box and comes with a journal. In the journal the people from Pietta wrote a few opening pages explaining the project and what the journal could be used for. Its pretty neat. While you have the gun they ask you to photograph it, share it with people you know, shoot it and just enjoy it for a month. Then it makes it's way onto the next person.

I follow lots of gun guys and have seen this make its way to several of the people that I follow online. In the journal the previous people have written words of encouragement, some scriptures, some just explain what they did with the gun or how it shot. Some detailed how they carried it to church or how they carried it while doing ranch duties.

One guy videoed himself splitting cards with it and he put one of the cards in the box.

I had hoped that one day it would make its way to me and that day has come. Last week I was contacted by Pietta and asked if I knew about the project and if I would want to be a part of it.

Of course I would I told Pietta. I was familiar with the project and had been hoping it would make its way to me.

A few days ago I got the package in the mail and I have to say. The gun is way more beautiful in person than the photos and videos I have seen. They just do not do it justice.

It's so cool for a company to do such a project and let us be a part of this guns written/photographed/videoed history.

We often say, "if this gun could talk", well, one day someone will look back and read of the journal and possibly see the videos or social media posts about it and this gun will actually be able to tell its story.

That is pretty neat in my opinion.

Here are a few photos that I made and a video of me shooting it and also cutting a card at about 10-15 feet.

I am not sure how many people here are aware of the Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858 that Pietta has going around right now. I thought I would share a little bit about it here for those who have not heard of it.

So, The Brotherhood of the Traveling 1858 is an engraved Pietta New Model Army "1858" that Pietta is nice enough to ship around the country and let people try it out.

The person gets to keep the revolver for a whole month. It comes in a big wooden box and comes with a journal. In the journal the people from Pietta wrote a few opening pages explaining the project and what the journal could be used for. Its pretty neat. While you have the gun they ask you to photograph it, share it with people you know, shoot it and just enjoy it for a month. Then it makes it's way onto the next person.

I follow lots of gun guys and have seen this make its way to several of the people that I follow online. In the journal the previous people have written words of encouragement, some scriptures, some just explain what they did with the gun or how it shot. Some detailed how they carried it to church or how they carried it while doing ranch duties.

One guy videoed himself splitting cards with it and he put one of the cards in the box.

I had hoped that one day it would make its way to me and that day has come. Last week I was contacted by Pietta and asked if I knew about the project and if I would want to be a part of it.

Of course I would I told Pietta. I was familiar with the project and had been hoping it would make its way to me.

Yesterday I got the package in the mail and I have to say. The gun is way more beautiful in person than the photos and videos I have seen. They just do not do it justice.

It's so cool for a company to do such a project and let us be a part of this guns written/photographed/videoed history.

We often say, "if this gun could talk", well, one day someone will look back and read of the journal and possibly see the videos or social media posts about it and this gun will actually be able to tell its story.

That is pretty neat in my opinion.

Here are a few photos that I made yesterday. I hope to get it out and do some shooting this weekend.

https://youtu.be/kmK888O1LVU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That's a fun project. Good for Pietta.
It reminds me of something similar that was thought up a few years ago by muzzleloading rifle maker Roy Stroh. He built a nice hunting rifle -- can't remember if percussion or flint -- named her "Run Around Sue," and shipped her off under similar circumstances, for a recipient to enjoy it for a few weeks, then forward it. That rifle made a bunch of stops around the country, took some deer, that sort of thing.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's pretty cool and a very nice looking revolver too.

Have fun!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's a really good way for them to get their products in the hands of buyers!
What they should do is make a special run, number them and each of the folks that were fortunate enough to have it get the number they were. Included should be a book with everyone's notes, pictures etc.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:18 am That's a fun project. Good for Pietta.
It reminds me of something similar that was thought up a few years ago by muzzleloading rifle maker Roy Stroh. He built a nice hunting rifle -- can't remember if percussion or flint -- named her "Run Around Sue," and shipped her off under similar circumstances, for a recipient to enjoy it for a few weeks, then forward it. That rifle made a bunch of stops around the country, took some deer, that sort of thing.

Nice. I had not heard of Run Around Sue.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

2ndovc wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:16 am That's pretty cool and a very nice looking revolver too.

Have fun!

jb 8)

Thanks. I finally got to shoot it Saturday and it was pretty fun. Split a couple cards and shot some others head on.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:21 am That's a really good way for them to get their products in the hands of buyers!
What they should do is make a special run, number them and each of the folks that were fortunate enough to have it get the number they were. Included should be a book with everyone's notes, pictures etc.

Now that would be a special treat. I will pass along the info. Who knows, maybe it will be a consideration.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I watched the video on YouTube (subscriber) and that 1858 looks so nice it makes me wish I'd had one when I was into Cap n Ball... :mrgreen:
Well done Rube.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:15 pm I watched the video on YouTube (subscriber) and that 1858 looks so nice it makes me wish I'd had one when I was into Cap n Ball... :mrgreen:
Well done Rube.

Thanks for watching and being a subscriber. I really appreciate it.

When I first saw photos of the revolver I was not expecting to like it as much as I do. I generally prefer blued guns. The contract in color on this one (which is more of a coin silver than a stainless or nickel color) really makes the gun look great in my opinion. Also, the laser engraving is a nice touch.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Also be sure to send me one for my idea! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:48 pm Also be sure to send me one for my idea! :lol:

:mrgreen:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's a very cool idea on Pietta's part! 8)
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

I have 2 of the blued ones,one with a 8 inch barrel and one with a 5 1/2 inch barrel.
Really Like them both and they are fun.
Also Have 3 extra cylinders for them.
Dont shoot them often but when I do its a blast.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:45 pm That's a very cool idea on Pietta's part! 8)
It really is a cool thing for a company to do.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

bcraig wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:32 am I have 2 of the blued ones,one with a 8 inch barrel and one with a 5 1/2 inch barrel.
Really Like them both and they are fun.
Also Have 3 extra cylinders for them.
Dont shoot them often but when I do its a blast.
I have a pair of Pietta Sheriff New Model Army 1858s and a pair of Cimarron New Model Army 1858 factory conversions. I was surprised at how much I enjoy this 8" version.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

That shore is purty. Congrats on getting to be on the list.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Oldncrusty wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:56 pm That shore is purty. Congrats on getting to be on the list.

Thank you. I agree on its purtiness. Glad I was choosen also. Its a fine shooter.