Canada smoke

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Canada smoke

Post by GunnyMack »

The wind turned to NW and the smoke from the fires out west has arrived! Visibility might be 1.5 - 2 miles.
Not only fires in Canada but in the upper mid-west as well.

Hope it rains soon to knock the fires out!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Canada smoke

Post by .45colt »

We live here about 2 miles from Lake Erie . there are fires up in Ontario that are putting a haze on the sky and all over the lake, yesterday and today. You could even smell the smoke in the Air. pretty big stuff.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:32 pm Canada smoke
Watching the news, one does often wonder what the heck they ARE smoking up there...

(No offense intended to any hockey-loving levergunners, of course...)

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Old No7 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:50 pm Watching the news, one does often wonder what the heck they ARE smoking up there...
Pay attention to how you are feeling. If you get the munchies along with a desire for an ear-ring and a pair of tennis shoes, it may not just be wood smoke.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The smoke here smells pleasant, not the acrid smoke smell of forest fire and not at all like that wacky tabacy skunk/ litter box funk. Almost like a pipe tobacco aroma.

I found an app that shows all the fires in the US, there are LOTS of fires happening.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

smoke made it to Western VA today. visibility was fine in the morning. when I went outside at noon, I immediately knew there was a fire somewhere. We are surrounded my mountains and forests and about every year there will be a fire somewhere and make the sky hazy for a day or so. I asked my wife to see where the fire was - figuring it was somewhere local, I was pretty surprised to hear her say...Canada ??!!! Crazy
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

The smoke made the afternoon sky hazy like twilight and the sun a dark orange in Mass and Rhode Island yesterday. There was an acrid stinging smell in the air.

I’d burnt up a couple big cardboard boxes in the outside fireplace the day before and my wife said it was too smokey. But the smoke in the air yesterday from Canada made my fireplace smoke comparatively insignificant. It makes you realize how small you are.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Having lived so many years in Oregon, I never got used to the summer wildfire smoke, which sometimes lasted for weeks and even months -- smoke so thick the sun was a red glow you could look at with eyes wide open, smoke so thick and persistent that your vegetable garden would stop growing. I hated it. Sorry for those of you currently afflicted as it is no dang fun, especially if you have asthma or any other respiratory issue.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

It's thick here in western NC yesterday and today.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Worse today than yesterday. Much stronger smell and certainly thicker. At 1 pm I took a picture of the sun.
20230607_130718.jpg
You could stare at the sun without worry !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Made it here on Long Island this afternoon, pretty heavy too, first time I noticed it
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

It's been smoky and hazy here in PA for a couple of days now. It's been cool and not humid which is the way the summers always used to be around here. That part has been enjoyable.