Did you know groundhogs can FLY...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Did you know groundhogs can FLY...???

Post by AJMD429 »

Well, I didn't know that either, and as far as I know they can't fly, but what I did find out is they can definitely CLIMB... :shock: .... as in climb over a fence.

Something was eating the tops of my squash plants and pretty much killed them but the fence is rabbit proof and I didn't think birds would be doing it, so I put a trail cam up, expecting to see chipmunks or something agile. Instead I see a groundhog with a body the size of a house cat merrily strolling through the garden and eating my plants...! :evil:
Groundhog eating Garden.jpg
My daughter videoed several of them (they are large babies at this point) climbing up into a shrub about 4 ft into the air. Occasionally one would slip and fall but they showed no hesitation to climb.

Gonna have groundhog stew soon....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Did you know groundhogs can FLY...???

Post by GunnyMack »

I've seen prarie dogs fly! I once saw a groundhog get flung through the air, 264 Win Mag is a bit overkill! :lol:
I have seen quite a few groundhogs up in apple trees.
Oh and 12 slugs will gut em real fast!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Saw a woodchuck 8' up a skinny sapling once, why, I have no idea, lol
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I once shot a few prairie dogs near Durango in the snow with my .375 H&H. Actually, I shot under them and they acrued considerable air time.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Doc, your late….not only can they fly they can predict how long the winter is going to be.
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Walt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:07 pm I once shot a few prairie dogs near Durango in the snow with my .375 H&H. Actually, I shot under them and they acrued considerable air time.
A friend of mine was moose hunting with his Ruger No.1 in 416 Rigby, and spied a feral cat. As a bird-lover he decided to do the 'environmentally responsible' thing, and after it was over, he commented that the cat not only flew, but was also field-dressed...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "