Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

I sold AJMD a Remington model 25 in 32-20 some time back……it had an original tang sight on it like most of my guns do….Those sights bring big bucks as there’s not too many model 25’s around……it’s a bit different than the model 14/141 series…….

The Model 25 pictured above is actually a 25-20 and all three are about 95% or better….those old Remingtons had lots of machine work in them and one time about 20-25 years ago a Remington rep I was talking to told me THEN that the old pump series rifles would have to sell at $3,000 to $3,500 because of all of the detailed machine work.

The 760 Series, like post 64 Winchesters are excellent shooters and that’s about all.

75 and sunny…..no rain in about a month……grass is half brown…..
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! I won! Looks like I took GK’s trifecta away…..sure he was hope for a quadfecta…….sorry GK…send my regards to the King….
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey congratulations Six, I get kinda embarrassed on winning pages as I seldom if ever have anything interesting to post compared to you well tooled up guys :oops:
I'm still on the trail of the 16 gauge hammer gun but will need some chamber reducers which are harder to find in the UK.

Temp 66f dry and pleasant.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK…..don’t lessen yourself because of stupid laws that are out of your hands…….it’s your character that brings fullness to OUR special invitational only thread. Geeze, who else can say they have their own personal English spy?

It’s like those Shootists guys…..always bragging and talking while we little people have to wait until after the BIG HOLIDAY to see pictures….if you want to……

That’s fine as that’s their gig….and this thread is OUR gig…..if they can brag…so can we!……😀
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm not a big Remington guy, but those old pumps are nice.
Been raining here since last Friday. We had a bad thunderstorm with hail. It never got out if the 40s Saturday and Sunday. Looks like rain for the next 2 weeks.
I got too much to do for this BS.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Six, I guess I still have my wings.... 8)
IMG-5699.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! That’s my writing! I don’t remember that…must have been in a drunken stupor……

Jay, you don’t see Remingtons up your way because they didn’t come out with half magazines on those guns…….amazing, I’ve seen more half mags from your collection alone than I have in my life.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I never woulda thunkit. They are pretty common here, and usually bring a little less than a standard saddle carbine.
Maybe things have changed, as I don't buy much anymore.
I figured it was the same everywhere. Last time I was at L.L Bean, they had a bunch of short mags too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

A short mag 1892 in 32-20 with an EXCELLENT bore would be the same as a Remington 25 for woods loafing, maybe better.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The one I messed with for my buddy was a half mag rifle with a shotgun butt. It was a good shooter as I recall. It must have been 25 years ago at least. I also did a workup on a 92 SRC in 44 for him.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, go find him, get a number ($) and I’ll give you a $200 finders fee. Don’t tell Old Savage as he will dig in and offer the guy $25 more.

Hey! On that button on your machine at work when you smashed the window…….I see a p.o.s. button. Does that get rid of unwanted people? If so, get a big one for here.

On that “other” forum, there MAY be 5 guys who know what they are talking about…the rest of em are “stand by the sideline individuals”………getting free info without contributing anything…..sound familiar?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That button was on a different machine than the one with the broken window.
It's a NC shotpeening machine. It's kind of a specialized machine, and unlike most everything. I have no clue what the button is actually for, but boy i could sure use it for what it appears to me as. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good news Six, I am currently out of the acquisition game.

And rest easy we believe the Win 92 is definitely terrestrial in origin and manufacture.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Fred what happened to the link on UFOs all I saw was the aliens want to help us evolve..........my first thought was tell that to the red Indians :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They tried to tell them about the wheel and the chair. Apparently they didn’t listen. But they have since discovered the roulette wheel. Son of a friend just graduated high school and will get $7000 - $8000 a month for life.

All over the news - whistleblower - former pilot discloses decades long recovery program.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know, Old Savage really screwed me up on his comment, “wheels & chairs”…..NEVER thought about that although I did know the American Indian lived a Stone Age life……ya figure how they used to pull their tipis dragging on the ground and they always sat “Indian style” with their legs crossed. Wow! They were really Stone Age…….but they were not stupid and the wheel is common sense so why didn’t they figure that out? And just a few hundred or a thousand miles south the Aztecs were mining gold, sculpting beautiful artifacts and building temples. Kind of reminds a person of most of Africa as the only thing to come out of there was the pointed stick, AIDS, Ebola, gangsta rap, huge snakes, loin cloths, crowded living, recipes for chicken feet, and “homey boy sights” on the side of handguns.

Amazing..no matter how old you get there’s always new things that pop into an amoeba’s mind…. (Mine)

Yea Fred…me too on being out of the new acquisitions….in that stage now where I’m getting rid of stuff…..that’s not fun but boy, it sure is monetarily rewarding. And Already filled up 2 shoe boxes and ain’t caused a dent in the safes.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have been in private business since 1968. Made a lot of different investments. But Six you have followed the smart rules that an accountant would advise.

Two best seminars I took were one by an accountant about errors people make in money investment and management and another by a guy that owned a large collection agency and their rules.

On the investments none better that $85 for a K22 in 1966.

And yes, different societies come up with different ideas etc. Could go into it a lot more but better not here.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
I keep my life simple and when I spend money, I want it back…..so food, utilities, etc are non give backs but those antique Winchesters & Colts are better than any 401K plan…..cash and carry=no taxes for the government to hand out to lazy people. I keep my loot in 5 different places so no entity can break me…..as far as the government is concerned I’m just a step above poverty.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And you have been a lesson in your constant message of the strategy. One of the keys they preach is to stick to a strategy. Had $600 of PSEG in 1980. Leave it alone … $20,000 today.

In your game you really have to know your stuff and keep connections and understand them.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I got nothin.

I'm just a broke hick. But I'm rich in what matters.

My parents anniversary today. Yup.....D-day. I've never forgot it. 59 years.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Rich comes in many forms….I prefer my form…….although I’m not wealthy by any stretch, I have enough for my lifestyle. As long as I don’t do nothing stupid like buying a new Hemi Jeep, there’s enough for the rest of my life. If I drop dead my wife gets the same amount until she’s gone. That how I set my pensions up.

To me, the best form of being rich is getting up when I want to and doing whatever I want to do everyday, which isn’t much anymore then going to bed when I want to every night.

I do have my six month doctors appointment tomorrow at 11 am so that means I do have to get up extra early at 10:30, or a couple of hours ahead of my usual get up time from noon to 2 or so.—-006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup.
My folks, my kids, and my wife and I are doing well and enjoy each other's company. Financially, probably Kristy and I are in way better shape than most folks our age, but it's just from lack of debt. Money today is so volatile, I don't put a lot stock in it. I have a little put away, and a pension....."supposedly". I try and not count on anything that's not in my hand.
A guy in real estate told us last week we could easily get over 600k for our 200 acre lot. I said, "so let's see.....take half off the top for taxes, then try and hang onto the rest while they devise more ways to confiscate it. Besides the fact that every day, the cash buys less and less.
Nope. That land can house me, feed me, warm me, and being there makes me relaxed and happy. I want that for my kids and grandkids too. That's why I like old stuff that lasts and I can fix and keep running. I will take my full pension. I carry a life policy that will take care of all Kristy needs after I'm gone. She'll outlive us all. :D
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

OldWin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:22 am Yup.
My folks, my kids, and my wife and I are doing well and enjoy each other's company. Financially, probably Kristy and I are in way better shape than most folks our age, but it's just from lack of debt. Money today is so volatile, I don't put a lot stock in it. I have a little put away, and a pension....."supposedly". I try and not count on anything that's not in my hand.
A guy in real estate told us last week we could easily get over 600k for our 200 acre lot. I said, "so let's see.....take half off the top for taxes, then try and hang onto the rest while they devise more ways to confiscate it. Besides the fact that every day, the cash buys less and less.
Nope. That land can house me, feed me, warm me, and being there makes me relaxed and happy. I want that for my kids and grandkids too. That's why I like old stuff that lasts and I can fix and keep running. I will take my full pension. I carry a life policy that will take care of all Kristy needs after I'm gone. She'll outlive us all. :D
If this is your primary residence you and your wife get a $500,000 capital gain exemption. Half if your single when you sell. Subtract out the upgrades (if you have receipts), realtor commissions, etc and you should be tax free, BUT where are you going to move to? :wink:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

jdad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:26 am
OldWin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:22 am Yup.
If this is your primary residence you and your wife get a $500,000 capital gain exemption. Half if your single when you sell. Subtract out the upgrades (if you have receipts), realtor commissions, etc and you should be tax free, BUT where are you going to move to? :wink:
No. This is just another piece of property we own. It's in "tree growth", so our taxes are only 400 bucks a year. That is why we built a camp on a trailer frame. That way, we didn't need to take any land out for a structure. A camp on an acre would be triple what we would pay for the other 199 acres in taxes. By not having a "permanent structure", we dodged it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You and I think alike Jayster…….keep the debt away because “once you owe-they own you”……hey! Ya like that? I just made that up…….

I never liked anyone else telling me what to do or threats of confiscation “if you don’t do this or that”. Pay cash for everything and then maintain it well, fix it when it needs fixing……..I laugh like crazy when I used to see guys at work spend big bucks on new cars or trucks and then brag, “it’s got everything, heated seats, heated steering wheel, self filling tires……….I’d tell them, that’s cool, but you know something, you have to pay for all that so while your working weekends for the payment and high insurance, I’m doing what I want to do over the weekend…..it’s just talk, talk, talk……they sign for a 60K loan and lose 10K after they drive out of the parking lot…you know, $10 down and the rest financed.

IMAGE….everyone wants a high falutin image……they all want to be DuPonts………live within your means as you’ll sleep better and can throw out the alarm clock.

As for living to an advanced age, I don’t agree with most people as life isn’t measured in how many breaths you take but in the quality of those breaths. That’s why miserable people live to be 95…God wants them to suffer with the aches and pains and endless doctor/hospital visits. Just another reason to stay away from junk guns and buy quality. But nooooooooo, everyone wants instant gratification and will rush out and buy an R instead of waiting or saving up to buy a Winchester or Colt…🤣

My dad and my wife’s dad did it right….they were healthy and bad azz right up to the day they died, then the Good Lord pushed down on the “instant switch”.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I agree. There are people who live more in 40 years than some do in 80. It'd about quality.
Like today......we got in the 26 year old Old Red and headed for camp. We didn't spend more than a few bucks, but got our "running water" all hooked up. Simple, cheap, and easy.
We also got the other bunk/couch all finished.
Then we brewed up some coffee in our little palace and took a break.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Pops sure looks happy…..when you get a chance could you tell him to get his things off of my bunk?😀

ALL day marathon on Band of Brothers…….I saw a band of bros yesterday…they were running out of a jewelry store.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha will do buddy!
Yeah, that sounds about right. I have it on disc. Haven't watched it in a long time though.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I love seeing pictures of your camp, hail, rain or snow it's got to be one of the finest places to spend some time hunting or just BS'n with a few beers, your own bit of paradise... :mrgreen:

I went for a walk around the village yesterday, found a few footpaths through some of the farmland, not much wildlife, if I'd been carrying a gun it would have remained unfired but I did end up at the pub and had a pint of Guinness.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:51 am Jay, I love seeing pictures of your camp, hail, rain or snow it's got to be one of the finest places to spend some time hunting or just BS'n with a few beers, your own bit of paradise... :mrgreen:

I went for a walk around the village yesterday, found a few footpaths through some of the farmland, not much wildlife, if I'd been carrying a gun it would have remained unfired but I did end up at the pub and had a pint of Guinness.
Thanks old buddy! It's turning out to be a pretty neat place. Soon, we will be starting our outside work. We have a woodshed / pole barn to build for the wood and to keep the tractor in. Also, an outhouse to build. I'm actually on my way up now in Old Red.
I really really like Guinness. Had one at camp last week with my dad as a matter of fact.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I can see GK stalking through the weeds, carefully pushing aside the grass, with a quart sized mug in his hand, secretly wishing for a triple refil........upon leaving the pub, he stumbles his way home...........geeze, how many times I did that.

Jay must have lots of trust in his neighbors......that tractor, when noticed, would be gone that night. My buddy bought an overseas container just for that up at his place.....keeps his chain saws, ATV, camping gear, etc.....

Another smokey day....amazing how far smoke can travel.......now I know it's the real deal real deal real deal when a major volcano erupts, we is done bro!
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

A lot of it is how much you are there. Even with stuff in a conex, if the locals know you're from far away, and are rarely there, they'll still get it. They'll show up with a Stihl with a cutoff wheel and saw the side right out of the conex. I've seen chainsaws taken to camp walls to get the wood stove. But, it was a camp from someone far away, and the thieves were sure they wouldn't run into anyone.
When we got here today, I could tell my buddy that borders us had been through the gate and is down to the stream fishing.
We are here too much. People are afraid of being shot by the owners.

It's friggen pouring here. We lit the gas lights and warmed the camp right up. After our little bit of work, we decided to "boil up" and have some coffee.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Never thought about that……..pretty much the same method I use here…”FEAR”……people who steal from you most always know you from themselves or a friend of theirs and these people around here KNOW they are dead if they tread upon my homestead…..d.e.a.d……

Then again, concerning you, there are 17 people in the whole town….(22 if you count Cornville and 31 if you count the goats and sheep) and it would be a little rough going through Athens and Cornville with a J.D. without being noticed.

Yea….next to a child molester, my most hated character trait is a thief…….

No rain here in the last month…grass is almost brown.

Colt Forum is losing its appeal………a guy was banned because he talked politics……..it’s almost like you have to sit in a chair with your hands folded. I haven’t been warned or anything but I’m gonna give it up…..even have a mess of followers, “trophy’s,” and points that equal people who have been there 10 years….. I never could act “out of character”. 😎. 😇. I need them like I need a hole in my head.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Before I got married stumbling home was the sign of a good night out, some nights I never made it home those nights were even better :lol:

Thieves and vandles are everywhere I used to use Alarm guns but mainly useful if you are within earshot but one I set in a more distant wood had a home made blank with the effect of a small stick of dynamite, it was set to go off by the head of whoever tripped the wire, all I found next day was a blown up Alarm gun and a sweater size xxxl.. :shock:
s-l500.jpg
No lawn mowing here either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK…..we can call ourselves the “Stumble Brothers”. I told Jay there’s a reason why some people were born far apart from each other.
You and I and sometimes Jay as he’s goody-2-shoes”….we could call each other up and say, “Hey GK, let’s go stumbling tonight!”, your pub or my Pagan bar? In my bar there’s no need to wear any clothes that cost more than $2 but you need your colors on and keys to a Harley which I don’t have but we will get a “visitors pass”……

I’ve been in a few of them to pick up a six pack and it’s scary……..been in a few all black bars but because I know the lingo I was treated well…..”hey bro, what’s happening dude?”….”hey bar keep, give these boys a round!” “Sheeeeee, hate those cops!”…….”anyone want a blunt?”

Never mind, I’m going outside .
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ooooooo, I like that alarm…….probably make one out of a m.l.lock.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! That's a neat little contraption. I could have some fun with that. :D

Old Red, in his natural habitat.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

81f today... with a nice breeze, took a walk up to the ridge just to stretch my legs unfortunately the pub was shut so good job I have a few cold ones in the fridge..

Those alarm guns are easy to set up in all sorts of places they come with nylon line which I ditch in favour of thin green wire they can be set upside down and loaded with a flare, not so bad in damp old England but a bit risky in the US.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

81f today... with a nice breeze, took a walk up to the ridge just to stretch my legs unfortunately the pub was shut so good job I have a few cold ones in the fridge..

Those alarm guns are easy to set up in all sorts of places they come with nylon line which I ditch in favour of thin green wire they can be set upside down and loaded with a flare, not so bad in damp old England but a bit risky in the US.
A couple of hundred years ago I would have used one of these... :lol:
Di-2018-1371.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK……I ordered a gross of them for the compound……….I bought the C-4 version………comes with 200 lbs of this sticky plastic putty that you can roll into little balls and throw em.

74 with a cool breeze…..gonna hook up the trailer to the mighty Jeep and go down and pick up a couple of yards of fill dirt…. maybe, it’s noon now and they close at 4 and the drive is long, about 3 miles…..then I have to get dressed. (T shirt and shorts)…..ahhh, think I’ll just start getting ready for bed…..F.I.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Short one this weekend. Only 2 days. I have to take Sunday off for a good friend's dad's funeral. That'll suck.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey guys, I really need to get a life :? Since I no longer can hunt squirrels, use my chainsaw or split logs I am watching way too much YouTube, I have found a never-ending series of "Horse Guards Parade" videos showing tourists getting shouted at by the Kings Guard, I try to guess the national identity of the tourists with the American tourist being easy to spot as they all look like friends of Old Savage... :D

79f hardly any breeze.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Maybe you could provide me a picture :D

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

113800583-tacky936_600.jpg
I found a great photo of American tourists trying Fish n Chips but it wouldn't down load. https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-ameri ... archtype=0
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that's priceless!
I just got up and am taking a sip of coffee when I read GKs post. I almost choked.

"They all look like Old Savage"..........hahaha

Could be worse.....they could all look like me. If so, they'd be poking at the guards with sticks. Maybe get a fire going and break out some beers.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:11 pm
"They all look like Old Savage"..........hahaha
What did you expect…Old Savage is the nations #1 sperm donor……all done in the natural way..

I can see all of these little old savages walking around with a key chain golf club and a 2 oz. can of Coors Light.

82 and building humidity. I hand shoveled 2 cubic yards of heavy clay fill dirt yesterday out of the trailer……told the guy after he dropped in one yard….give me another……..he says, “waaaayyyy too much weight”…….I says, “gimme another”………the Rubi pulled it up hills with ease, in second and third gear…..with the weight of trailer, about 6.5K #’s.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, you should be offering these ladies local tour advice. They will love the Brit accent. :) :wink:

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:23 pm Gk, you should be offering these ladies local tour advice. They will love the Brit accent. :) :wink:
I'd have more chance with their grandmothers..... :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:25 pm
Old Savage wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:23 pm Gk, you should be offering these ladies local tour advice. They will love the Brit accent. :) :wink:
I'd have more chance with their grandmothers..... :?
😄😄😀. Nobody beats GK with one liners
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

He is charmer. These women have money. Kindle some interaction. International dude!