Northeastern SxS Championships

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Northeastern SxS Championships

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m headed out Thursday morning at 4 AM to Hausemann’s Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays in Friendsville PA for the Northeastern event . Hadn’t planned on attending this year since the Parker annual meeting isn’t being held there this year . Anyway one of my friends in the AH Fox collectors group puts on side events to benefit the Fox Assoc and this year they added an 8 gauge event so of course I bit . My intention is to get there tommorrow around 10 AM check for my cards . Hopefully shoot the 10 hammer and 10 hammerless Thursday and perhaps the 16 hammerless . Friday I’ll shoot the 8 gauge event early and the 12 hammerless at some point , and if I didn’t get the16 in Thursday it as well . Saturday is for the main event an 80 bird race , the prelim events are 50 birds and the Fox stuff are usually ten birds per event with re-entry until you’re satisfied , run oughtta money/shells or run out of gas ! The Fox guys put on five sepetate events I plan on doing the Bo-Whoop for doubles , the Mega Whoop for the 8 gauge and the Letterman for vintage single barrel trap guns . For those not in the know Bo-Whoop was the name Nash Buckingham gave his Bert Becker bored AH Fox Super Fox 32” with 3” chambers . Letterman was a factory trap shooter that obviously shot for Fox , AH Fox started out as s factory shooter for Parker then eventually broke off and started his own company .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Northeastern SxS Championships

Post by gamekeeper »

Good luck 🍀
Interesting about the Parker AH Fox connection.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Should be a great time- drive safe and keep your head down & follow through!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:22 pm Should be a great time- drive safe and keep your head down & follow through!!
This stuff has turned more into a social thing than competitive for me anymore . But thanks :!:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If I could get away I'd come up to meet you but I've got a club engagement and with the puppies here I'm not going very far !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:59 pm If I could get away I'd come up to meet you but I've got a club engagement and with the puppies here I'm not going very far !
Two weekends ago at Prospect Hall in WVA I shot a 145 target 16 gauge shoot , I was using a Parker VHE straight grip checked but 16 and it over the course of the day did a number on my shoulder which was partially due to the heat/sweat anyway I had a big knot in my shoulder once we were done . The following weekend I shot another event at Conservation Park close to Richmond VA and used same gun for the skeet part then 12’s got the other three events and it aggravated my shoulder same place a bit . Then I get to Hausemanns and shoot the pair of 10 gauge events on Thursday and it most certainly aggravated my shoulder again , friday my shoulder hurt just from mounting the gun but I still shot a respectable score with that same 16 gauge checkered butt gun . But then after lunch the fifty bird 12 gauge event was a bust . I did shoot the 10 bird 8 gauge event and was one of the few that hit any targets as they were a good fifty plus yards away . Long story short I ended up second in the 10 hammerless and fourth in the 10 hammer , but based on my 12 prelim score I decided to forgo the main event Saturday and left the AirBnB that morning and headed back to Virginia getting home about 3 PM vs 10 PM if I’d shot the main event . Think I need to lay off a couple weeks I’m pretty sure I’ve got a bone bruise . Once that’s eased up I should be ready for the Northern SxS ! Did pick up some vintage 8 gauge 0 buckshot loads in the original box and some brass 10 gauge hulls with a few loading tools . And I sold a Parker SC trap and some powder !
48A64847-28DB-40A7-83B1-E610858BCFA0.jpeg
04B3ECB9-8DEE-4236-94BC-7E6A62811D4F.jpeg
1B4BB4CE-6ED5-4F71-8ECE-48DDBB288A15.jpeg
2C85D50E-D80F-4131-89BF-999F681C14E7.jpeg
5439045D-38D7-4237-832A-48D75F4B7481.jpeg
96BE84D5-4797-467A-8988-A1E6F7D6C5E6.png
DFD0C37A-BB4A-49C9-A384-9EE646877308.jpeg
7910FFE8-8F99-4C5D-8A23-1F1D13E4AEE2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah even the 'gentleman's 16 bore ' will beat ya up! Those guns were not meant to be shot that much all at once! Even a hard butt 28 will make you feel it .
Sounds like you had fun none the less.

Boy those 8ga sure look BIG! what is the pellet count in that 0 buck?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:43 am Yeah even the 'gentleman's 16 bore ' will beat ya up! Those guns were not meant to be shot that much all at once! Even a hard butt 28 will make you feel it .
Sounds like you had fun none the less.

Boy those 8ga sure look BIG! what is the pellet count in that 0 buck?
That gun beat me up because I held it kinda loose in WVA and sweating the checkered but was like a rasp on the skin on my shoulder .