Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

And…….Mr Colt is back in town with number 10,000…. :D
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed May 24, 2023 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Annnnnnd, coming in at second place behind Mr. COLT…..is MISS APPLE a.k.a. “The Cornville Dog”……very, very mighty for her 14 pounds.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

In third place to win the Trifecta is CAPTAIN CORNVILLE, who recently moved from Maine to Pa to escape the hard winters.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Six won a page.
Cornville dog? You're using that out of context.

I'll put it in a sentence.....

Man! My eyes are watering. I took a leak and caught my Cornville dog in my zipper! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Too busy last night to follow but I suspected Six was following the count 8)

Here is the golf ball dent on the rear door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well shipped to Abercrombie & Fitch. Here is a hat I bought at Abercrombie & Fitch, Beverly Hills almost 40 years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze Fred…..a hat 40 years old and it still looks like new!

Naaa, was not watching the count until this morning……saw all those “nines”……reminded me of all the vehicles I’ve had and watched the odometer turn from 99,999 to a hundred thou……life ain’t been easy for we rednecks on the East. You Californians get a new one after 999 miles……..

Jay, that corn dog you got caught in your zipper was a mighty one…….foot long and big around as two silver dollars……

Best I can do is one of those miniature carrots………..
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

10 years on that Jeep 91793 on the Odo.

I have a LOT of hats. None will look beat.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
Your old school in thinking just like me and Jayster……why throw money away on a new car just to say you have a new car…….as you know, I run em down to nothing or like I do now, don’t even drive em. I was thinking about buying a push scooter like the Amish use….one foot on and the other pushing……bicycles are too expensive….
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha Six on a scooter! Now there's a picture.
Scooting down the road with a pair of big ol Colt SAAs strapped on and an 1886 in a rack on the handlebars.
Ol Sixgun is a ridin for Rock Ridge!

And remember.....
The only difference between a foot long Cornville dog and a baby carrot is 65 degrees and 20 below zero. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

At this point the maintenance still shows over 50% brakes left.

I still have my first fishing reel and bow, 60 yrs plus. Btw, we were painting fences in the morning.

Now if you are really going to be uppity, you need to have your own fragrance. Maybe I should get some to gk to get on with those local pub ladies 😆👌

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, I reckon I need more than a new fragrance perhaps even a new corndog too :shock: the waitress at the pub were young enough to be my grandkids although they seemed to be well up front if you know what I mean. The other day I asked my niece up in north Wales if she knew any rich widows with low expectations as I don't have a lot to offer these days :lol: growing old sure does reduce your chances with the opposite sex but being as my downfalls have always been due to the opposite sex perhaps I'm a lot safer on my own..... :?

Temperature back in the sixties and cloudy.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Chin up. Gk old buddy. I'll bet we can find you a nice Cornville gal as a mail order bride. I'll be driving through this morning, so I'll keep an eye out.
With everything greening up, the pastures are a good place to look. :D
It's pretty slim pickings around here. When I got divorced back in 99, I figured I'd be batching it forever. Unless I got me some pasture princess from Cornville. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You fellows are a literary happening. Hollywood should make a series like Cheers. There really is some talent at play here. You will all be celebrating my 48th anniversary on the 28th of course in honor of which my bank is updating there system. Likely just partying, say they are unavailable that day. And my accounts move from TD to Schwab that weekend. They all say everything will be ok.

Here is another hat. A Stetson that a patient gave me that belonged to his father.

And the squirrels.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay is being very misleading on a mail order bride from Cornville for GK…….who’s going to pay for towing the barge behind the oil tanker? The oil tanker is the food source for what’s on the barge.

I think I got OS pegged down…….he buys things, wears them a day or shoots 5 rounds out of them and then carefully puts them away….
90K on the Patriot ain’t bad, considering all those freeways.

GK wants a new bride? My wife destroyed me on women…….get a dog or two GK and find a cave no one else knows about. You’ll be happier.
I’ve seen it upstate…….a guy in a one room cabin on his hundred acres sitting outside on a chair……one of the happiest people I’ve ever talked to.

For everything you bring into your life, whether it’s a coffee mug or a snazzy rock you found…….equates to more clutter in the mind….
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo! Man, I'm beat! Got a new trail cut this morning though. One I flagged last fall. It's a beauty. Black flies were middlin' noticeable at camp, but didn't seem as bad down where I was. Maybe just cause I was working. Wouldn't have mattered. They would have drowned in sweat if they landed on me.

I would agree with Six on being married if this was 25 years ago. But not now. I struck gold with this one.
Now, don't get me wrong......I'm all about sitting in front of my shack in Brighton. I'd just want her there with me.
Yeah, it does seem like I got a lot of junk to take care of and maintain. But......it's all cool stuff, so there's that. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yep…it’s old but cool…….I’d give my best 1886 for that mighty fish Fred is showing off……I promise I will but the fish has to be warm or at least in the freezer.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think I got OS pegged down…….he buys things, wears them a day or shoots 5 rounds out of them and then carefully puts them away….

Even worse, some I haven’t even fired i.e. and others.

But gold is near an all time high right now. Check the history on that position. Guns in good shape seem to continually go up.

Now golf hats… when it hits about 105° they are going to need to be washed out.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Had to take the Jeep and go rescue my dad's buddy today . The guy that owns the property next to ours.
He was working on some of his stand areas. He had his side by side there. When he left, he decided he would loop around some old roads back to camp.
Luckily, he was most of the way when he came to a tree over the road. He had his saw but the chain was off, and he didn't have any tools. He tried to go around with the side by side, got it crossed up in the ruts, and got it stuck (those things are useless). Luckily, he was able to walk back to camp. He drove out with his truck and back home. He called dad but he had to take my mom to a Dr. appointment.
I took the Jeep and met him up to his camp. He hopped in with me and we drove to where he was stuck. It wasn't pretty. The road was pretty soft and was a pretty good downhill. First, I cut the tree that caused the whole thing. Then I took a tree strap and hitched a snatch block to a tree on the opposite side of the trail behind the SxS. I ran my winch cable from the Jeep through the block, and then to a strap on the hitch of the SxS. I hit the trigger and dragged that puppy outta there slicker than snot. We got it pointed the right direction and then I turned the Jeep around the same way he did and stuck the SxS.
I just don't see the lure of those things.
My dad's bud couldn't believe the stuff I had in the Jeep. It's like I told him......."You're gonna do this stuff, it's not nice to have, it's a necessity ".
He don't get around that great. If he'd been farther away, it could have been a problem.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Good for you......."It's always better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it."

Gotta ask, what's a "side by side"? (Besides a shotgun) is that one of those things that look like a golf cart?. You guys have different terminology up your ways....took me a while to figure out what a dooryard is.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I guess they call em UTVs. I just don't get it. And it must be me, cause they sell em by the million.
Basically, as I see it, they have no more contact patch than a regular 4 wheeler, yet they weigh 2 or 3 times as much. They are more than twice the size, so are less maneuverable. They have no more, or less, ground clearance than a 4 wheeler but with 3x the area to ground out. Coupled with the weight, when they hang up, there they stay.

I'll pass.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I googled it and found pics of ATV’s…..then I typed in UTV and came up with what I think you’re talking about…….rich guys at the gun club pull up with them on trailers pulled by $80,000 pick up trucks for their “walk through” sporting clays each Sunday…….

The way I see it they are good for one thing……old people driving around a trailer park on paved trails. I’d much rather prefer a quality ATV 4 wheeler with the big balloon tires for off roading…….

Yea…!…..selling by the millions they are, probably by college educated people who never get their hands dirty or their shoes wet. Like, what’s the matter with a used Jeep for bebopping around the woods?

Did you get the Jeep all muddy? :D which one?

Is this one?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, that looks like a Kubota. They are made by all the usual 4 wheeler and motorcycle manufacturers.
All summer there is a steady stream of trucks with these things on trailers. After paying 20k for the stupid thing you need to buy a 5k trailer cause it wont fit in a puckup. People from out of state or down to Portland, coming up to ride the "trails", which are just gravel logging roads cause it's the only place they'll fit. Half the places they are going they could have drove their pickup. Ridiculous.
Now, I can see a use. Around a farm or on one of those "pay to hunt" fenced in hunting areas down south. But as a recreational vehicle they are just stupid, at least up here. Out west where it's more open maybe. But they just seem to not be a value for as much as they cost.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I agree with Jay, those things are now very popular with gamekeepers over here, ( they were not invented in my day I used a SWB LandRover) they are fine around the farm and well maintained woodland tracks., but a decent pickup could be more versatile on most shoots.
However if the boss wants to buy the keeper a new toy ............. :mrgreen:
298-original.jpg
Setting a Larsen trap.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I agree they are not for me. I can see a use on large estates on paved or hard stone roads……maybe to transport VIP’s around the corporate grounds. …well, that’s what makes America great…spend your money as you choose…….

I’m gonna shoot that real nice 1st year production 1892 in 32-20 today. Funny thing about my bud….when he leaves stuff here, he forgets about it…..wish he’d drop off a suitcase full of Bens.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, send :) it to me, he won’t recall. Ammo loaded and some shot in that Ruger Buckeye.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It could be yours…….you won’t find a nicer example especially a first year production gun……you got the loot…….serious, old Winchesters are not his gig……..pre 1898 guns are a 25% premium……octagon barrel and a $250 sight….mint…mint….mint….nearly mint…….solid 95% gun……

He’s just gonna put it in his showcase of high dollar guns……..I’m thinking 35-4

Case colors are the first to go….this thing is loaded with em…

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just send it and give him any story.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You don’t know this guy. Mike Tyson is meek compared to him, not in physical strength but mind wise…….well, Mike Tyson doesn’t have much of a mind…something like a 69 IQ :D Probably the best business mind in the world…..no education but h.s.

About 20 years ago I walked in his office and he’s mad at something…..standing behind his desk he hollers, “I wish people would stop leaving their junk on my desk!” and throws the gun 15’ and it lands on the couch. I went and picked it up…a FIRST model Colt Dragoon!

He absolutely refuses to handle Rossi guns as he claims he would have to hire a guy just to handle customer returns…..I’m not laughing…same goes for any Ravens, or other pot metal guns. Won’t even take em on trade.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:mrgreen: What, Rossis have been a great investment. Where has he been? Look I don’t have one and he does. Reparations, equity and all. He is a dinosaur, get with the times. Tell you what, I’ll send him pictures … not the rifle … Cal girls ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey, I thought you would be in bed by now….don’t you have a big day at the golf course tomorrow? Cooler full of Coors Light and Hef’s beauties following you around?

Hey, you see these two sights standing up,,,Lyman #29 in new condition only made from 1900-1903 and the Winchester model 62, also in new condition …
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun May 28, 2023 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Those are some nice sights. Quite a pile too.
Can I have em?

Well we got the sink drain in finally. No more draining into a 5 gallon bucket. Just gotta get a faucet and an RV pump and we will be good to go with that. Then just make the second bunk/couch.

I snapped a pic of dad shooting my Python. He also shot a model 68 Winchester that was given to him by the widow that I got the 1903 Colt and the Parker 20ga from.
This model 68 belonged to his friends dad, and when my dad and his buddy were kids, they used to shoot it in the cellar at his friend's house. His friends dad bought them a brick of 22s every month. Dad said there was a deep hole chewed into the cement wall from all the bullet strikes. No wonder dad is deaf. :D I can't imagine his parents sitting upstairs listening to that!
Anyway, I snapped this pic cause the last time dad shot this rifle he was 14 years old. He is almost 82 now. Like all of the Winchester single shot 22s, it is stupid accurate and a joy to shoot.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'll bet your Dad felt fourteen years old again, for awhile anyway 8)
4196-7.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Something how we “rediscover” the .22 L.R……..did you set up a little range there?……you guys still wearing coats?

Your high class with the RV pump……we would just carry the water in 5 gallon containers…….

The sights? Can you have them……!!!!!!!!??????? What are you? crazy??? Hell no, you can’t have them! You took all my Colts so the next time you stop over you’ll be able to get away with a spring jacket instead of a buffalo coat to get my sights…….geeze! What’s next, my pile of cinder blocks out back? :D. I can see you now, pulling in with your truck and car trailer all covered with buffalo hide to get “Ole Yeller”.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Look at GK’s advertisement…..the kid has a tie on…..must be an English advertisement as we don’t even know what a tie is in the colonies.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I'm sure he did GK!

The Buffalo coat has no season! It works year round!
Yeah, it's been in the 30s in the morning. It warms up but has still been cool. It's 50 now.
We lugged water in 5 gallon and 30 gallon jugs at our old camp. We will here too, but we will have a faucet and sprayer at least. Makes it easier washing dishes and stuff.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You wash dishes? Why? Just have the people set their dishes on the floor and let bugs or the dogs lick em clean. Near same thing with underwear, just turn em inside out and when the stains dry turn em back again…

Ok, I’m talking stupid…headed outside…
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You uncouth colonials........... :lol: ......... actually I only wore a tie on shoot days, it was considered normal to dress up for the occasion plus my all important tips were dependant on putting on what the toffs called a " good show " ... :?
images-akA3ZmuSMaa5agLHW-article-2068914-0EEAF0F900000578-856_964x576.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:01 am You wash dishes? Why? Just have the people set their dishes on the floor and let bugs or the dogs lick em clean. Near same thing with underwear, just turn em inside out and when the stains dry turn em back again…

Ok, I’m talking stupid…headed outside…
Ha! I remember gramp telling me once he stopped to see this old Trapper one time in a line camp to check his license and such. The old Trapper offered gramp to stay for supper, so he did. Gramp said after they ate the old feller was doing up the plates, and when he dried one, he held it to the light and looked closely at it. Then he spit on a spot that was left and wiped it off.
Gramp said he almost blew his cookies right there. You gotta figure the guy was being fancy cause he had company.

gamekeeper wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm You uncouth colonials........... :lol: ......... actually I only wore a tie on shoot days, it was considered normal to dress up for the occasion plus my all important tips were dependant on putting on what the toffs called a " good show " ... :?
images-akA3ZmuSMaa5agLHW-article-2068914-0EEAF0F900000578-856_964x576.jpg
Holy smokes! Uncouth colonials? Why I thought that picture was from a Saturday partridge hunt in Cornville! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dunno Jay…….the old timers were not as concerned with germs like people are today……I personally never worried about germs…(common sense, I’m not going to lick my fingers after gutting a deer)…

Yea GK…you guys do have class…all double barrels and by the looks of the people probably all WW Greeners and Wesley Richards….(do they even make shotguns?)

We had a first here tonight……I think it’s good enough for Funniest Video show……..there was a fox mulling around the bowl outside….nothing was in it so I went to the fridge and got a 3 day old Chick Fillet sandwich and walked outside…….the fox took off a hundred miles an hour….I dropped the sandwich in the bowl and walked back in the house and as soon as the door shut the fox came flying up and took the sandwich………he must have been hiding 20 feet away…….

So……I go to the kitchen and get the scraps from tonight’s dinner……salmon, green beans and mashed potatoes……a bowl full…….I walk outside and put the food in the foxes bowl and one of our baaaaaadddd barn cats comes up just as I’m walking away. (You can’t get near these cats)……anyway the cat starts to eat and here comes the fox………I’m trying to get my camera on but mom had me beat with a video.

The cat and the fox were about 10” from each other and the fox starts “bobbing and weaving” just like a boxer….up and down and sideways then starts fox barking at the cat..,..,the cat stood his ground and this went on for about 20 seconds until the cat had enough and swiped the foxes face with a hard left! Fox took off and the cat started eating……..

Here are 3 stills from the video.
Staring each other down….

The cats left paw halfway to the fox

CONNECTS!

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha awesome!
I've always had a cat. I know a lot of people hate em, but not me. I've always liked them. Pound for Pound, they are pretty tough customers. We got a big male we've had for 10 years we call Hector. That sucker ain't scared of nothing. The dogs give him a wide berth. So do I. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Us too…..lots of animals of all types……better than people….much better. In fact, I’d rather have a rattlesnake as a pet than I would a person near me. That orange cat don’t even a name…..he’s got to be 12-14.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat May 27, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

House down the street around the corner had a car plow into it. They put huge sones in the front yard. Drove by the other day and wondered if they would ever have another problem. Then my wife shows me this video of a bus that had been run off by a tow truck and stopped just short of hitting the house. Wonder what they will do next.

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I found this cartridge case outside of the chapel at the cemetery where my dad is buried. Any of you know who makes these. Is this for a nailer of some sort. It’s dimensions are close to a 9mm cartridge.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Buses…nailers oh my, oh my…..buses and nailers oh my!

Harry…where pops is buried is there tombstones or bronze plates flat with the ground? Could be the “driving force” that’s needed to put the rivets through the nameplate onto the main late.

I have one of those .22 blank nailers and while it’s strong I don’t think it would go through thick bronze.

Another reason I stay home…people are really getting whacked out driving anymore….zoom….zoom……zoom…..oh my!
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Population density for those avoiding it.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow, takes a special person to deal with all of that congestion…..I’d most likely have a stroke within a week.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun May 28, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
Your starting to stink…..L.A. county has 10 million people.

North Carolina has that many……..the stink is getting worse…coming from the west.. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, up from my nap. Last one. Only had to work 2 cause of the holiday.
Congestion and crowds......I hate it too. Why, I went to Brighton to camp last week, and I passed a pickup on the road. Crazy! I'm sick of all these people! :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Just blew about a 7k dollar window out of a machine. Tool broke. Seein as how I won't be here next week when they come in, it ain't too hard to figure who's fault it'll be. OFW! Ask me if I GAF.