the wheel gun and the other one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

the wheel gun and the other one

Post by Grizz »

headed to a forest to evade the local version of a heat wave with two cheap guns and a old-stock vehicle . . .
the car is an 07 Yaris, stick shift, runs on fumes, great aircon, and good tires. the wheel gun is new and I won't embarrass myself by divulging how Cheap it is. I will embarrass myself by showing off how poor my shooting can get . . . ;) some of the photos are self-explanatory, but I will explain anyhow.
1_085.png
. since black markers are too expensive i use first shot as aim point. my Dad would have said, "Let's go, that's as good as it gets."
2_090.png
But Noooo, I had to keep trying to make it better . . . from roughly 16 feet. I did notice that they tend to pair up as they print the pattern.
3_090.png
I backed up a bit and closed off some of the gaps between 22 pellets.

Since i only had the shorts with me I switched guns and pounded rocks for a change. Then backed up to 20+feet and found a 3-shot group. I forgot that the trigger is sensitive to careful management, and have noted that it needs some TLC.
4_090.png
Oh Well. something of a record to compare to after the eyeball shop . . .

grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Re: the wheel gun and the other one

Post by JBowen »

I have a 7 mag that shoots like that. The first cold shot is right on, then they start to stray. Perfect one shot groups 8)

JBowen
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never stop either...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JBowen wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:07 pm I have a 7 mag that shoots like that. The first cold shot is right on, then they start to stray. Perfect one shot groups 8)

JBowen

that's interesting. i had a 7mm mag that would group 3 different bullet weights in the black . . . didn't have a chrono and developed loads based on what they did after contact... passed the 7 down the road and got into a .338 mag . . . gave that away when i finally got a 45/70, the one i should have started with. something comforting about that number . . . 45

grizz
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My 7mmRemMag will shoot the hole outta a donut... for four shots... the fifth is always a flyer! Sometimes it only opens the group up, but keeps the group within an inch, other times it seems like it's doin' multiplication tables!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Griff wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:05 pm My 7mmRemMag will shoot the hole outta a donut... for four shots... the fifth is always a flyer! Sometimes it only opens the group up, but keeps the group within an inch, other times it seems like it's doin' multiplication tables!
That's Rich. kinda like dogs . . . they might all look alike, but they're not....
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Grizz wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:01 pm headed to a forest to evade the local version of a heat wave with two cheap guns and a old-stock vehicle . . .
the car is an 07 Yaris, stick shift, runs on fumes, great aircon, and good tires. the wheel gun is new and I won't embarrass myself by divulging how Cheap it is.

grizz
As Joe China would say

“Cmon man!”

We don’t care if it’s cheap , as long as you’re having fun - now we’re just curious trying to think of what “new but cheap” wheel guns are out there. Is the comment about pellets a clue?

Might be fun just to post up a couple of clues and see if we can guess it :lol:
----- Doug
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Streetstar wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:50 am
Grizz wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:01 pm headed to a forest to evade the local version of a heat wave with two cheap guns and a old-stock vehicle . . .
the car is an 07 Yaris, stick shift, runs on fumes, great aircon, and good tires. the wheel gun is new and I won't embarrass myself by divulging how Cheap it is.

grizz
As Joe China would say

“Cmon man!”

We don’t care if it’s cheap , as long as you’re having fun - now we’re just curious trying to think of what “new but cheap” wheel guns are out there. Is the comment about pellets a clue?

Might be fun just to post up a couple of clues and see if we can guess it :lol:

Doug, I remember having a lot of fun with a $25 RG 22 revolver many years ago, just as much as I have with a $400 Single Six, though the Ruger is clearly
better made.

JBowen
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

thanks for the response guys!

OK. here's a clue. it is made by Ruger, from various materials, is closely patterned after the SAA, AND is cheaper than the current LCP.

I wanted a bearcat for years and waited too long. I've been looking at Colts and other 45s, and I started thinking that I could have a lot of fun with the little wheel gun. I have ammo . . . that's not an issue, I like the little thing, but I have to get out with some LR ammo and a rest of some kind so i can see what the gun is doing vs what i am doing. I have other revolvers, but it's not the same thing. The wrangler is comfortable. The fun will be to see if i can get it to do what my Ruger Automatic does accuracy-wise.

Thanks! Glad you asked.

grizz
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

A-ha!

Not hard to figure out what this one is we have a thread on it here somewhere

And it is on my list to be a companion to the little Henry. I just picked up recently..

The only finish my fun store has is the bronze cerakote though and I am on the fence about whether I like that or not, but they have them in both fixed and adjustable sight models
----- Doug
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Streetstar wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:56 pm A-ha!

And it is on my list to be a companion to the little Henry. I just picked up recently..

The only finish my fun store has is the bronze cerakote though and I am on the fence about whether I like that or not, but they have them in both fixed and adjustable sight models
Mine is all black with birdshead grip and short barrel. Perfect back pocket fit. The new model has 2 cylinders, maybe that's the one with adjustable sights. The front sight on mine is thin, and the slot is thin, so that's a learning thing.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1818653

this looks good.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1741248

this is what I got . . .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:36 pm
Streetstar wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:56 pm A-ha!

Mine is all black with birdshead grip and short barrel. Perfect back pocket fit. The new model has 2 cylinders, maybe that's the one with adjustable sights. The front sight on mine is thin, and the slot is thin, so that's a learning thing.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1818653

this looks good.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1741248

this is what I got . . . ^^^ but'cept in all black
Comparing photos the Wrangler looks nearly exactly like the New Vaquero . . . here is one for comparison.
Screenshot 2023-05-26 07340-Vaquero 45.png
Sadly, the 1925 King George circulated British Sovereign won't buy one . . .

grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Punching holes in paper is still rekaxing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:41 am Punching holes in paper is still rekaxing.
True dat Brian, but isn't the Vaquero mighty fine? lol LOL