today is the10th anaversery of the tornado at m0re ok

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

today is the10th anaversery of the tornado at m0re ok

Post by JerryB »

JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: today is the10th anaversery of the tornado at m0re ok

Post by gamekeeper »

6a00d83452606269e20115706a6bc6970b-800wi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

And that was the last F5 to have struck the United States.

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2023 ... -going-on/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Ugly day for sure
----- Doug
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My wife and I were in Oklahoma this past weekend visiting our daughter, her husband and our first granddaughter who live in the historic district in OKC. The storm chasers were in the Texas panhandle searching out tornado activity north of Amarillo while we were there. I figure that since their house was built in 1912, their location must be fairly safe since it hasn't been hit.....yet. But you never know. It is odd that Moore seems to catch more tornado activity than the remainder of the OKC metropolitan area.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

The other F5 to hit the OKC area wiped a neighborhood we lived in for a few months when I was about 7. My partents visited the area years ago after that one and the neighborhood was completey gone. Nothing recognizable left standing. Another F4 or F5 lifted before it hit the house we moved to from there. I don't miss that part of Oklahoma at all.
oldebear1950
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldebear1950 »

My brother lives in OKC, and has for about 20 years now, and was there when that happened. We had a brother who passed away last year, lived in Wichita, KS, and lost one home there to a tornado back in 1992. We are originally from Oklahoma and our parents were from there, One in Maysville, OK, and the other in Wewoka, OK, and they talked of tornadoes all of our lives.