Shoulda Consulted the Weather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Shoulda Consulted the Weather

Post by Griff »

Last weekend I attended a cowboy action match at a nearby club... and our club's monthly match is this weekend. I decided I'd go and shoot the Patersons again, but needed both shotgun and rifle ammo. So yesterday I cleaned and dried my brass. and today I started sizing and lubing what was on hand and fired up the Lyman Mag25 pot. About 75 pours in the 2 cavity RCBS 45-225-CAV mold and I had enough to start sizing. I had to empty out the sizer of the Lyman #2 lube to get SPG back in it. So I gave up... I just loaded up the first 100 rounds with APP as it's lube indifferent. With this bullet I have to crimp in the very front of the crimp groove on the bullet. Doin' so gives me an AOL of 1.590". The 3 toggle link rifles I own all have different carrier mortises, the controlling factor in OAL for cartridges that will feed thru them.

It was in the low 80s today, with humidity to match! I shoulda definitely loaded ammo last month! I ended up soaked... and still have at least 200 bullets to load! Shooting tomorrow is out! 60-80% chance of rain. Getting out in the rain to shoot isn't completely out of my wheelhouse... but doin' so with C&B revolvers just for fun, just isn't! And I know I don't have enough BP cartridge loads for the handguns also.
DSCN1485[1].JPG
Unless I wanna run the same ammo in the handguns. I have a bunch of C45S BP ammo, but... I really need to do some chores. :evil: So tomorrow I'm gonna do the adult thing and work on my lawn mower... After sitting all winter it doesn't wanna run. Maybe I can actually mow the lawn on Monday!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shoulda Consulted the Weather

Post by Pitchy »

Sometimes if it`s a float carb the float needle will stick closed and it won`t get any fuel, try tapping on the float bowl lightly and it might free up and run.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Are you familiar with a product called Sea Foam? It's available at WalMart and it can be a lifesaver, especially with small engines. Pour some into the gas tank, crank it enough so you get some into the carburetor and let it sit for half an hour. The stuff does miracles.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Walt wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:32 am Are you familiar with a product called Sea Foam? It's available at WalMart and it can be a lifesaver, especially with small engines. Pour some into the gas tank, crank it enough so you get some into the carburetor and let it sit for half an hour. The stuff does miracles.
Great stuff have used it alot but if the fuel can`t get by the float valve it won`t get in the carb or run. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I gotta check the fuel pump 1st. Weather man lied, I shoulda went to shoot instead of sleeping in!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!