The Threat of AI Addressed . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

The Threat of AI Addressed . . .

Post by COSteve »

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In an effort to establish government oversight of the growing role of artificial intelligence in our society, President Biden has appointed Vice President Kamala Harris as "A.I. Czar." The President expressed hope that Harris's track record of slowing the spread of intelligence will be of use.

"She's been fighting against the threat of intelligence her whole life." Biden said in brief remarks when the announcement was made.

"When it comes to creating an environment where intelligence is restricted and unable to advance too far, Vice President Harris is more qualified for the job than anyone else."

"Fears among the general public and leaders of the tech industry alike regarding the increasing growth and prevalence of artificial intelligence have led to calls for more oversight, which Vice President Harris was more than willing to provide - as soon as she was informed what "oversight" means."

"It is my distinct honor to provide real leadership over the growth of artificial intelligence. Intelligence that is artificial is real, and intelligence that is real may, in reality, be artificial. It is within that reality that artificiality can become real." Harris said in something that seemed like a statement.

Sources within the White House indicated Biden was supremely confident that Harris's leadership in the area of intelligence would be just as successful as her tenure as Border Czar.

At publishing time, Vice President Harris was reportedly already assembling a special task force to deal with the potential threat of intelligence, asking New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to serve as her advisor.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Threat of AI Addressed . . .

Post by Old No7 »

COSteve wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:19 am Intelligence that is artificial is real, and intelligence that is real may, in reality, be artificial. It is within that reality that artificiality can become real."
Harris said in something that seemed like a statement.
I'd say that comment on AI is lacking any "I" at all -- but loaded with a whole lot of "WTF" ? ! ? ! :roll:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

She IS a threat to intelligence! The only area that she could be a czar of is hookers! :twisted:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

So... she'll be trying to ban Lady Clairol "Blonde"...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

That cackle is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Good story, Steve!
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Funny stuff - that's gotta be from the Babylon Bee. The statement attributed to her, while ridiculous, is far more coherent than the actual things that come out of her mouth!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

samsi wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:52 pm Funny stuff - that's gotta be from the Babylon Bee. The statement attributed to her, while ridiculous, is far more coherent than the actual things that come out of her mouth!
And what is sad is she's not the only one who makes no sense when speaking but then again, she's not the one who's going to be turning 80 either.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh that kind of AI, I thought you were threatened by Ackley Improved cartridges! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

samsi wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:52 pm Funny stuff - that's gotta be from the Babylon Bee. The statement attributed to her, while ridiculous, is far more coherent than the actual things that come out of her mouth!
You WIN the prize...

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-taps- ... telligence

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "