Something to Consider

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Something to Consider

Post by COSteve »

The US is 3rd in murders throughout the world.

However, if you delete the statistics of just 5 cities; Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St. Louis, and New Orleans from the US, we fall to 189th out of 193 countries in the entire world.

What's interesting to note is all 5 cities have a long history of control by the far left Democrats, all have called for defunding the police, all have DAs who are soft on crime and all have strict gun control laws.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Something to Consider

Post by JBowen »

Thats crazy! Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago just came out with a comment for those Democrat controlled cities to quit lying to themselves about the crime problem. Do I think they will? Of course not.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Truth hurts... but the Dem's won't change their views... :evil:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:11 pmTruth hurts... but the Dem's won't change their views... :evil:
See what I said here:
Griff wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:13 pmThe operative phrase outta be "uncommon good sense"... common being that which is seen most often, and sense being what passes for intelligence... which is pretty marginal at best amongst the elected hoi polloi!
Change that last sentence to read: "...sub-marginal..." when talking about that side of the aisle. The two sides as whole only make it up to "marginal"...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As I just posted on another thread, it has to do with the young snowflake liberal progressive Democrat crowd and their foolishness, Plus societies racism now where there is truly something called black privilege where certain violent repeat offenders are turned loose because we have to appear to be 'progressive'... :roll:

The sad part is that these young academics actually believe this stupid stuff, and yet they are going to become influential leaders in the future because they will be making big incomes relative to the rest of people.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jay, you are right. The Dems will not change their views no matter how da*ning the evidence. Your liberal simply cannot learn from past mistakes, and if he or she is troubled, the answer is more "progressive" policy doomed to failure before it leaves the gate.
And Steve, great to see you got your avatar back! :lol:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

It’s going to get a lot worse. Yesterday’s events in Atlanta show that people are not going to keep this kind of violence in the bad parts of town.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:32 am Jay, you are right. The Dems will not change their views no matter how da*ning the evidence. Your liberal simply cannot learn from past mistakes, and if he or she is troubled, the answer is more "progressive" policy doomed to failure before it leaves the gate.
And Steve, great to see you got your avatar back! :lol:
as I pointed out sometime in the past, it is about sin. it is the consequence of sin. it is the outcome of sin.

the way liberals deal with past mistakes is to double down on their past wickedness.

and in the case of believers, we have no room to smirk . . . " all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." and " The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

think about the first quote. if we compare the very best thing we've ever done, something that pleases the LORD so much that we sense his smiles, still, HELD UP ALONG SIDE GOD'S HOLINESS, it looks black as night.

the lost are LOST!!! and do what lost people do . . . what lost people do is sin, and when caught they double down and lie about it.

i remember getting caught in a lie, deny deny deny and when someone called me on it i lied about it . . .

i once asked people to raise their hands if they had never lied . . . "that's 2" at the very least.

there is ONLY ONE THING that can rectify this, and that is the very thing that the DoWrongers hate the most . . . the shed blood of Jesus and his resurrection . . . this is what the WrongWay crowd hate the most about what I believe, and they call it 'hate speech' . . .

imagine that, they call the only actual Good News hate speech . . . a perfect benchmark icon of wickedness, and certification of the Truth . . .

i would like to keep going, but i'm short of coffee . . . :lol:

under the blood