Federal Funds Target Rates

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Federal Funds Target Rates

Post by COSteve »

For those of you who aren't old enough to have worried about buying a home in the 70's and 80's and/or think that today's key benchmark federal funds rate at a range of 5% to 5.25% is very high, take a look at this historical graph of the rates since 1954.

It's clear by the graph that since that time, the rate has been at or higher than it is today for much of the past 69 yrs.

Many of us more 'seasoned' members remember thinking we were fortunate when we got a conforming 30 yr. fixed rate mortgage for "only" 9.0%!!!

Federal Funds Target Rates.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Federal Funds Target Rates

Post by Griff »

And if we had more than two brain cells that connected we've re-financed since then... maybe more'n 2 or 3 times!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

yet, us "Boomers" ruined the world for all the youngsters :roll:

Cheapest home interest I ever paid was 8.5%.
This house will rot down around me before I buy another (unless the next tornado is more accurate in it's attempt!)

Gas was 1.25 a gallon when I graduated high school and minimum wage was 2.85. Took an hours wage to get to town and back for work.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

COSteve wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:38 pm For those of you who aren't old enough to have worried about buying a home in the 70's and 80's and/or think that today's key benchmark federal funds rate at a range of 5% to 5.25% is very high, take a look at this historical graph of the rates since 1954.

It's clear by the graph that since that time, the rate has been at or higher than it is today for much of the past 69 yrs.

Many of us more 'seasoned' members remember thinking we were fortunate when we got a conforming 30 yr. fixed rate mortgage for "only" 9.0%!!!

Federal Funds Target Rates.jpg
when i built my house in 95 the interest rate was 9% i got it for 8.5 % , being a first time home builder. when points dropped 2 or moe i refinanced. paid offa 20 year note in 13 years
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I bought mt first house in 1983, after my trailer, at a rate of 13.5%. It drove the property values down enough that I could buy one. Two years later refinanced at about 8 or 9. Later refinanced again. Don't remember the numbers.
Click Click Boom
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy Folks,
Two years ago, I got lucky, I refinanced for 3% ..............
It must be up to 8 or 9% again ...........

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"