Awesome Kid-raising Policy (Dana Loesch)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Awesome Kid-raising Policy (Dana Loesch)

Post by AJMD429 »

This is awesome. Dana Lash says that she not only gave her kids no ‘allowance’ - instead she just paid them money for doing chores, which she made them competitively bid on, but she also took money out for taxes.

We did that sometimes, and I’ve had friends who did that.

She went one step further….

She not only took this money out, but she then conspicuously let them see her spend that money (which she had taken out of their paychecks for their chores for taxes) on really stupid frivolous stuff, and would also essentially just throw the money away like the government does or spend it on somebody else that didn’t need the things that she bought for them.

Of course that frustrated and infuriated her kids, who may have thought they were going to get paid $10 to do it given sure, but wind up only getting seven dollars and then she takes the three dollars and buys a bag of candy then just throws it in the trash, saying it doesn’t matter because she doesn’t worry about spending money like that since it’s not money she had to work for.

We need more parents like that.

Sadly 3/4 of blacks and over 1/2 of whites now don’t even bother to have a husband before breeding, so they are the recipients of the loot, instead of the workers.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Awesome Kid-raising Policy (Dana Loesch)

Post by gamekeeper »

Being a good parent is probably the most important job you'll ever have.
Sadly the way it's going.
funny-cardskiss-me-kwikam-i-a-good-mother-susan-533391_large.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

The entitlement mindset in the U.S. is unreal, just unreal !
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

I'm always amused by people who brag about the size of their tax refund, not realizing it was their money.
Also people who do not know that their Soc-Sec and Medicare deductions are double what the W2 shows.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:12 am Being a good parent is probably the most important job you'll ever have.
Sadly the way it's going.
funny-cardskiss-me-kwikam-i-a-good-mother-susan-533391_large.png
Shouldn't that little "girl" be saying ' my name is George '

Back when bernie was running and he proposed the 90% tax I was talking to a neighbor kid who thought bernie was the best thing going. I said do you have a dollar? He hand me a single, I reached in my pocket- fished out a dime and gave it to him. Wait thats my dollar! No I'm bernie and I just took my 90%. He stood there dumbfounded for a minute and the light bulb went from dim to dazzling bright. He finally got it! A few days later I gave him back his dollar.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Years ago our 3rd grade niece came to live with us for a year. At the time her grandfather gave her $15 a month as an allowance. I told her I would pay her $5 a week, but she had chores to complete to earn it, and if she didn't do them, I'd deduct from her allowance. First thing I had to explain was this was a 33% raise. Finally demonstrated that simple math fact, so when I gave her the allowance the first time, I gave her a lot less than $5. She complained and I explained I took out federal taxes, state taxes, social security taxes, etc.

Her response: "That's not fair!"

My response, "Well, it is not. Life is not fair. I pay all those taxes and more every time I am paid."

Thus ended the first lesson.

I did give her the balance... but made her save a $1 a week. Lessons, lessons, everywhere! :lol: