Scenes from Coffee Country

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Scenes from Coffee Country

Post by AmBraCol »

t's easy to get caught up in life, work, etc. Stresses build and problems surface and it helps to try something new at times.

Years ago I picked up a Canon Rebel on clearance at Chinamart and shot a lot of pictures with it - all on auto mode. Then a few years later I picked up a more modern version at a pawnshop in CA while visiting our Marine - and kept on shooting on auto mode. Then last year our daughter-in-law gifted me another Rebel. I'd already moved the first one down the road to an aspiring photographer, but I still have two camera bodies to play with.

Recently I got to thinking - it's about time I move on from "auto mode" and learn at least the basics of how these time freezing machines work. So now I've created a page on my blog that refreshes from an album I set up on the book of face to host the pics deemed worth sharing as I look at Coffee Country through the lens. Most of them are different shots around the park across from our house. As time goes on I plan to add different scenes from around here as well.

Here's a link for anyone interested in seeing a bit of our world down between the Canal and the Equator.

https://paulmoreland.com/this-is-my-fathers-world/
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Re: Scenes from Coffee Country

Post by Walt »

Very nice, Paul!
Your flower pictures are particularly beautiful!

Thanks
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good stuff !

Many moons ago I took photo classes in high school and again while attending gummsmiff skool. In between I lucked into a complete dark room setup. I burned lots of black & white film until the digital cameras came along. I haven't seen a roll of film in a long time. I haven't looked either.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Great pics !
I hope the cute chick belongs to you Paul :wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

As an amatuer photographer myself, I'd say you have the basics down pat! Great photos! I've mostly only developed my own black & white photos, along with color slides. I'd like to upgrade my old Nikkormat to a DSLR someday. I've got a couple of digital cameras I use most of the time... along with two GoPros... that're fun and entertaining. The SLR or DSLR is more technical and can seem like work. Thanks for sharing that slice of your world!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Thanks, guys! And yes, that's my chick. The one I can sing "she don't know she's beautiful" to. She hates having her picture snapped, but I've survived 36 years of doing so anyway - and so has she. :D

Here's some pics I grabbed today. Last night I played around with the cameras and found out how to set them up for B&W and Sepia tones. Today I managed to grab some shots set up for sepia, haven't done any B&W yet. The last one I had to go back to color because I'd never seen one like him before. Active little guy, and colorful. Anyway, the first ones are a nesting pair of wild canaries followed by a hummingbird that kept coming back only when I had my back to the window, but I eventually managed to get him.

IMG_0367-s.JPG
IMG_0370-s.JPG
IMG_0390-s.JPG
IMG_0402-s.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Every photo is a memory, I wish I had taken many more photos back in the day, my son is a amature photographer and now he's in NZ I'm getting getting to see different wildlife and terrain through his photos.
Thanks for posting your piece of heaven Paul, nice to know about the varied beauty of places we may never get to visit.... :D and tell your lady from me she has no problems about being photographed.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Good images Paul. Nice to see what you see... it looks exotic to me, and special.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Interesting orange-lipped shelf fungus on that mossy tree.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good pictures. My Wife likes the blue flowers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost