Confederate Cavalry boot spur

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Confederate Cavalry boot spur

Post by Pat C »

When my Grandfather passed away in 1991 was helping clean out organize his things . One of the things I found was this old boot spur by itself in a box tucked away in back of his closet.
No known history but it matches Richmond style CSA Cavalry spurs.
Dark patina and leather still intact although some deterioration. And an old repair using to hand cut brad nails.
Don't know any history but apparently it was acquired by someone at the time of Civil war as it has leather intact and blood stains in several places.

Don't think any of that would have remained if battlefield pick up.Anyone with further knowledge please chime in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Confederate Cavalry boot spur

Post by Pat C »

Couple more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It's a shame old Rangerider no longer posts, he was very knowledgeable about spurs, all I know is that as you say that one looks like the Virginia pattern.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Don't know anything about it, but it is very COOL! 8)
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Thats really cool. I agree that RangeRider7 would be the guy to tell you all about it. Sure do miss his posts.

Eric
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Pretty cool find. One of those "if this ______ could talk" kind of things.