Brass grip frame

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Brass grip frame

Post by GunnyMack »

So I kind of took Bill's thread off on a tangent, here he is expounding about a VERY nice brass mould and I mentioned my BH 41 with an aftermarket brass frame I bought.

So this frame I bought from Midway probably 12-15 years ago. It was in the white, big all around except for where the grip mates to the frame. Lots of filing and polishing. Then a couple coats of clear lacquer.
It's an exact duplicate of the BH frame.

Pics soon as I remember where I put it ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Brass grip frame

Post by GunnyMack »

Found it !!
20230328_164520.jpg
20230328_164506.jpg
Sorry no slippers !! :lol:

The grip panels are cocobolo, I bought them and they are kinda small in places but I don't care.

I need to go shoot this, been awhile since it has spoken.

Oh and I got this from a friend of a friend whose son was having a drug problem, he sold off a lot of guns to help offset his son's rehab, think I gave 200 for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Looks good! The only gun I have with a brass grip frame is an old Jager built, EMF Dakota .357/.38 that was my wife's 2nd cowboy action gun back in the '80s, 1st was a Blackhawk! She then shared it with our son until he got his first single action a few years later. (IIRC, the Blackhawk was too large for either of them). I can't remember if we bought it new, usued, or... traded into it. (Just looked, purchased in Feb, 1987 for $225. NIB from a friend/gun dealer/fellow cowboy action shooter). Good to keep notes on this stuff!
IMG_0901.JPG
Interestingly, I've tried to avoid having any brass grip framed revolvers... or brass anything for that matter. If it ever came to be mine, (it has, but so far down the list of guns I'll shoot, that it doesn't matter), I'd probably look for a steel grip frame & trigger guard!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I like the extra weight, helps with recoil but like I said it's heavy in a holster !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very nice! 8)
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I like brass grip frames.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

No bluing needed, once fitted and polished.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Very Nice!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”