Backpacking with 300 year old equipment....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Backpacking with 300 year old equipment....

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/L8GE23uWHtI

'Highlander style'... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Backpacking with 300 year old equipment....

Post by gamekeeper »

I watch a lot of YouTube videos on historical re-enacting, it is a great way to learn just how our forefathers survived... I'm too old and spoiled by modern living now, I doubt I would last a day in the 17th or 18th century.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Highland cleanse apparently drove a lot of Scots to America.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:42 am The Highland cleanse apparently drove a lot of Scots to America.
I always figured that Highlander sounded pretty noble versus Lowlander, but after listening to a video by Thomas Sowell on the modern ghetto culture, and its language, culture, and origins actually being from white Europeans, I learned that the Scottish highlanders, not being on the lowland/coast where trade was happening, didn’t have to bother to learn language, or math, or civilized social skills, and mostly snuck across the border and pillaged English farms. I read a book called “The Steel Bonnets” that further elaborated on all that. A rough crowd indeed.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Read a number of sources on what transpired taking the lands in the Highlands.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I was looking into the origins of one of the old family names, i.e. Rutledge, and I ended up reading about the merciless "Border Rievers" along the borders of Scotland and England. None would have been accused of being a gentleman!
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/H ... r-Reivers/

Thanks for that link, Doc. That fellow has a bunch of interesting Youtubes.