Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

By golly a real Colt and a carbon steel pan with hundreds of layers of oil burned on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage has won page 187 and is hereby awarded a Emerald green golf cart...... :D

I haven't been to any kind of gun show for a few years, a lot of shows over here have disappeared :( I have a couple of .32 rimfire revolvers that I want to swap for something that is shootable. The law on antique guns over here is complicated but it is possible to be as well heeled as anyone in the 1850s :roll:

Temp 55f here seems like I can stop throwing money away on electricity for a while. Gotta get a place with a wood stove...
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Scenic

37 to 65 here today.

1850s wonder what that would include.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cool truck OS..... :mrgreen: that would be my transport in the 1950s and in the 1850s a Colt Navy would be my preferred weapon of choice. I have had a couple of Italian clones so would have no trouble keeping a real Colt running reliably plus I have the necessary powder ball and caps.
I've been using muzzle loaders of one kind of another since 1967 or 68 and still have my 12 gauge Gallyon.......
IMG_20210623_131235.jpg
Click to enlarge photo.....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now that is cool. Griff shoots those Navys in competition.

Here is the only one I have used.

snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

I’m told this is where all the cool kids hang out .. away from the regular population that isn’t as understood as we think we are.. Sixgun told me to come on by and say Hi
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You are more than welcome snkbittin..... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

snkbittin wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:27 pm I’m told this is where all the cool kids hang out .. away from the regular population that isn’t as understood as we think we are.. Sixgun told me to come on by and say Hi
Hey Snakeman is here……he’s cool guys…likes old quality guns, tractors fast cars….he will fit right in amongst the elite of Leverguns.

Well…just got back after sleeping two hours last night and I must say, disappointed to say the least on the once famous Timonium gun show………dealers are now dressed as bums and the clientele not much better……..lots and lots and lots of Colt SAA black powder guns.NO Colt cartridge guns due to Maryland changing their laws…..some nice Winchesters way overpriced ……I was ready to leave after two hours but my buddy Gary runs his hobby like a business, selling 3 Winchesters, a like new 03 .22 semi auto, 92 SRC and a ‘95 SRC…….

I bought a hot dog and a coffee.

Could not believe the change since I was there some years back…..regular people who know nothing about guns and baby strollers. At least there were no jerky or jewelry tables. I won’t be back.

Many of the old timers died off and their collections spread out by the internet…..

GK…..is that a Thompson machine gun?
Model A Uzi’s
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Good to be here!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

snkbittin wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:54 pm Good to be here!!
Hey! Welcome aboard snk. If ole Six vouched for you, then.......
Well......
Welcome aboard! :D
Yeah, this is quite a bunch. But, if you like cool old stuff, and don't take yourself too seriously, this is a fun place to hang out.

Hey Six,
My kid hit a show today on Kodiak. He said there was only 1 94 carbine in the place, and he was the first one in the door. There was a 99 Savage in .358, but overpriced. He did snag a nice Colt New Frontier. 22.
Strangely, as he was telling me, my old man texted me and said my old buddy with the shop is loosening up on some of his and will give me first refusal. Now, I certainly don't need any more..... but.......well...... it's good stuff. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Jay….it can’t be any better than what you already have…except that R thing.

Could believe all of the original Colt stuff at da show…..I mean hundreds if not a thousand…….1860’ s, ‘51’s, boxed in presentation cases, loose, parts….even a half dozen ‘62 Police’s. Remingtons, Savage b.p., even one M&H not as nice as mine for 5 big ones……more ‘73’s and ‘86’s than you can shake a stick at…..a half dozen extra lightweights in 45–70 with one third of the condition of mine for 35-55….one guy walked in with a brown 45-70 ex lgwt…brown!…..and sold it in 10 minutes for $3,000…..

Was a lot of Winchesters of all models but overpriced.

But NO single action Colts except a few “drug behinds”
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! I bet it's been 30 years since I've been to a show with a lot of nice Winchesters. Now, I've never been to one with a lot of Colts. Never. You may see one or two, but that's it. Especially SAAs. Never saw a lot of nice old handguns.
I did see a nice Smith double action Frontier in 44-40 one time. Could of had it for 800 bucks. I should have bought that. I think of it now and then.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Well things are going well here, healing up and getting a little stir crazy, really need to get out and about but it’s mud/snow/mud season here and I have to watch slipping and falling.
We do have a trip planned for Freezout Lake (https://www.visitmt.com/listings/genera ... zeout-lake) to see the geese and swans for next week, it’ll be the first motor home trip of the year.

Oldwin, Six, GK, snkbittin you have fun in your adventures.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ahhhhh, my one Rossi. Yup. You got me.
Of course, I always carry my Colt SAA in .357 too. So when the Rossi falls apart, I still have something to shoot. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad to hear you're doing OK harry! Yeah....watch the ice! Especially in the morning when the runoff from the day before is froze.

Reminds me...
I came running across from my old man's place over to mine one day in the spring many years ago. I had a minty H&R M1 Garand in my left hand and was going at a good clip. Next thing I know, my right foot is gone on a patch of ice. Luckily, my right side went down first while I held a death grip on that minty M1. I broke the rifles fall and it never touched the ground, but boy I did. I went down in that broke up ice hard on my right hand and side. I still have a scar where it peeled the meat off the heel of my hand. Bruised up my ribs too. I would heal, the M1 wouldn't.
Ahhh.......good times. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Harry…..if you want to see geese come on over……those smelly things s all over the place…so bad I sometimes can’t take the dogs for a walk out back…..I have a sling shot because that busy body neighbor of mine is a bird lover and would most likely report me……..he must have 50 birdhouses in his yard……bring something big and act like your a vandal…..

Jay…that sight on your r and the sling swivels are worth more than the rest of that rebar.

We are going down quick….Biden wants a cashless society….mmmm…..wonder what all of those congressman are going to do with they’re behind the picture safes that are full of green.

Ain’t that something? “Biden wants a cashless society”….like he’s God or something……..
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. That's a nice STEEL Lyman 66. May be a garbage rod rifle, but I ain't got garbage sights! I got my standards. :D

Yup. Cashless. Then you get to pay taxes on EVERYTHING. And, you only buy what they let you. And, they know everything you buy, where you buy it, and where you are.
Yes sir! Free country.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You guys are getting old. :)

I think that is Jungle Pam.

snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:17 pm You guys are getting old. :)

I think that is Jungle Pam.
That is Barbara Roufs! Trophy girl at several So Cal drag strips in the 70’s 🙂
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks snk, if you know her you certainly know who Jungle Pam is ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster…..Do you realize that with a cashless society, “they” can cut off your “money” whenever they want to?…..they may not for the first year or two but after that “they” will legislate auto withdrawal for taxes, car registration, etc and “they” will make sure “they” get “their” money before you have any.

No poop…instant armed revolution in my book………..

I really don’t think it will go that far as every congressman, senator, and rich guys have safes full of green.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Same era … Jungle Pam and another of Barbara.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The guys at the Colt forum all show their factory letters…….lots of real action over there…….thought provoking questions….challenging…….

I picked up a R at the gun show NIB,…..I’m going to send for a factory letter. Colt letters are $100 and Winchester and Marlin letters are $75.
I called the R factory and they told me just to send a stamped pre addressed envelope and they will use the back of my sending envelope to write the particulars.

Hey! I see Jungle Pam has her “high beams” on…..
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Interesting place when it was operating and … some old time cowboys.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Will it never End ...more bashing poor Rossi Arms...just when things were looking better. :cry: . here is one for Six to REALLY APPRECIATE..............a true collectors piece...... http://www.jaquas.com/gunlist/Details.a ... Template=0
8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah yes 45, the fine woodwork and quality combined with a slick action and tight chamber ;-) Right on right out of the box as attested by a member of the Beverly Hills PD.

,357 with a Ruger in 45 Colt. ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

.45colt wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:36 pm Will it never End ...more bashing poor Rossi Arms...just when things were looking better. :cry: . here is one for Six to REALLY APPRECIATE..............a true collectors piece...... http://www.jaquas.com/gunlist/Details.a ... Template=0
8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I never mentioned ANY brand…..YOU used your inferior intellect to “assume” what you wanted to believe. Remember, when you “assume” you make a “butt” of of “you” and “me”…:D. Another “remember”, I’ve contributed more to this board in the last week than you have since you joined.

And what Old Savage posted is within family guidelines? :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I specifically said Rossi in MY post. I guess now it will be the name that shall not be spoken. :D

Next time someone posts how Marlins are stronger or more accurate than Winchesters, I can be offended. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay…..I specifically did not use the word #=/@% because I was told not to brand bash…the letter I used could be Remington, Raven, RG, Romanian Arms, or Ruger…..people are always trying to start trouble. Never could figure that out.———

Go look at my posts in just the last 2 weeks and see what I contributed. Information that matters and helps for those not yet in the know….

Like I said earlier, I’ve been awarded 5 “Trophys” on the Colt forum for my contributions.

But you know, these days it’s not about who contributes, it’s about how nice you are and my posts have been nice and informative since my banning. And I still stay around even though I can fit into ANY firearms board.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well this should be good for a go round. ;-)

Paco’s stated rule is “politely” discuss.

Never been sure that necessarily meant nice. Seems to me I have seen the “politely” distinctly not nice but seem so.

Family standards? I can assure you any pics I have posted are within the guidelines Hobie communicated to me.

Gk is the guy in charge of Awards and Trophies. Maybe he can weigh in. He has an x cell ent record on that politeness scale ;-)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah.....oh well.
I was just thinking the other day that I should change my sig line......
Like I said the GK the other day.....guess not.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I am a firm believer in not knocking anyone's choice of firearm as I've made many bad choices myself over the years. Now a lot of folks advise always buy the best you can afford but that doesn't guarantee you will be happy with your purchase especially when you are now broke and your buddy is shooting more ducks with his cheap old gun than you are with a custom work of art.
Having once worked for one of the best gunmakers in the world I know a little bit about quality but nevertheless I once bought a similar gun to the one 45colt posted a picture of only mine was in 28 gauge, it was the ugliest gun I have ever owned but it did everything I wanted at the time and for very little money and I wish I still had it even though I laughed at it every time I picked it up.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and it doesn't upset me in the least whether anyone likes or loathes my particular guns, just don't criticise my choice of dogs, beer or women...... :lol:

I did notice the definition of "polite" and have found that I can sometimes pizz off people just as easy by being polite as getting nasty, unexpected politeness messes with their heads and BTW why is that Cowboy holding his friends knee... :?:

Harry please post some pictures of your trip that place looks interesting, have a good time but take it steady... 8)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This is MaRia from Venezuela curiously her favorite place is NoRth Dakota. I play golf with her occasionally.

The other is Nikki, no R. Last time I saw her was at the BRoken Bit. She is a professional Cos PlayeR.

Does it matter if the Rs are capitalized? Gk ???

Hand on the knee missed that. I was looking at the hats, holsters and hardware.

snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:23 pm Thanks snk, if you know her you certainly know who Jungle Pam is ;-)
Oh yes..Drag racing fan since ever ..and a fan of the female form ;-)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Are you n SoCal? Have a friend 78 still into it with some others, driver 80 still doing some very fast stuff here.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I wish to apologize for the remarks I made last night. Specifically to Sixgun. I never meant to harm him in any way .sorry if I caused a ruckus.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

.45colt wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:58 pm I wish to apologize for the remarks I made last night. Specifically to Sixgun. I never meant to harm him in any way .sorry if I caused a ruckus.
This thread wouldn't be the same without a ruckus, personally I found it quite funny even though Six actually refrained from using the R word..... :lol:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Great Day today!! worked this morning and on the way home Momma calls....THE BASEMENT HAS WATER IN IT.....full alert.....so I get home and the switch on the sump pump took a dive. :evil: . the only part affected was My Cave Man Bed Room down there. :cry: ..call the insurance, go get another pump, install it. call Servrpro water guys for the damage. they come from Erie PA in 1 1/2 hours. a whole bunch of guys moves everything tears up the carpet and pad. puts machines in to dehumidify everything and are gone by 4:30pm. Now I have to sleep upstairs with Momma till my man cave room is fixed..............it's a tough life. :shock: .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well 45, without your effort to expand horizons we might never have seen that fine firearm that gk so appreciated..

My Rossi 92 45 Colt designated R92 is another with a tight chamber that handles heavy loads well and functions well. A 360 at 1350 feels like a shotgun push.

snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:42 pm Are you n SoCal? Have a friend 78 still into it with some others, driver 80 still doing some very fast stuff here.
Nope Im in Mass..been a motor head since birth
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I’m tired of the games people play. It’s no wonder why I’m a recluse. The owner here should charge a yearly fee to join like Costco, Premium members at the Colt Forum or the Winchester Collectors forum does. The membership would drop to 1/3 of what it is but they’d all be contributing members instead of the Facebook format that it is.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, heading for Alaska early tomorrow. Just for a week this trip. Gonna make a plan for this summer when the kids come home for a month. Be good to see everyone. Beautiful place, but it sucks having them so far away. I sure hate the traveling though. Hate it.

Now! Just cause I'm gonna be gone, don't you boys get any ideas about stealing any of my junk.
I have a first class security team in place on 24hr watch.
I have even handed out a list of "possible suspects" to watch for, with a "shoot first, ask questions later" advisory.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I’ll be looking for ya, and if ya fly over Great Falls I’ll wave to you.
Have fun, take a bunch of pictures.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks Harry I will!
Matter of fact, if the snacks are any good, I'll drop some to you. I'll have to have the pilot let me know when we are on approach. Gotta be quite a lead time dropping a 1 ounce bag of cookies from 30k feet. :shock:

I'll bring my surplus Norden bomb sight. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Have a Great safe trip Oldwin! the only thing I want of yours is the mud mower....we have a lot of mud here. :lol: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you 45.
Haha yeah. As soon as the snow is gone, we're gonna be knee deep in mud too!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Have a GREAT TIME Jay......wear your Buffalo coat and steel back a few shooting irons I'm sure your son won't notice..... :wink:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:30 pm Have a GREAT TIME Jay......wear your Buffalo coat and steel back a few shooting irons I'm sure your son won't notice..... :wink:
Nope. He would notice. Believe it or not, he is WAY meaner than me. :D
He don't mind if I borrow them though. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay….sounds like a good plan……I bet it’s still cold up that way………say hi to your boy for me…….

I’m not a fan of traveling either…..it’s like a potato field around here…too many nosy eyes…

We have summer weather today…….—-6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I will tell him bud.
No, it isn't very cold there now. He said they got more snow last week than they have all winter. Kodiak is a weird place.