Interesting Read.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WCG
Levergunner

Interesting Read.

Post by WCG »

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Interesting Read.

Post by Tycer »

Yep. Thanks. Corelokt and hardcast here.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Nice article. I'm using 400 grain A-frames in my 450 Alaskan over a big pan of 3031. Unless I'm plinking, then I'm using the 350 grain HotCore over even more 3031.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Never loaded a Swift A-Frame, but a always heard great things about them. If the PH's in Africa like them, that's quite an endorsement.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 pm Nice article. I'm using 400 grain A-frames in my 450 Alaskan over a big pan of 3031. Unless I'm plinking, then I'm using the 350 grain HotCore over even more 3031.
I like 535 grain Woodleighs over reloader 7 in my 50 Alaskan. The Woodleighs are designed for the 500 Nitro Express, right in the velocity range to work perfectly.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

The advice about shooting dangerous game a 2nd time is absolutely sound! Heck I once had a Tom turkey, who I was 100% certain was deceased, wake up and nearly tear my @$$ apart. I finally had to lay on the dang thing and wring its neck before it killed me.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

wvfarrier wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:50 am The advice about shooting dangerous game a 2nd time is absolutely sound! Heck I once had a Tom turkey, who I was 100% certain was deceased, wake up and nearly tear my @$$ apart. I finally had to lay on the dang thing and wring its neck before it killed me.
THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE . . . . :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pretty neat article. Thanks for sharing. I think if I had to shoot something really big and mean coming at me on four legs, I would either want a 500 Smith and Wesson levergun with a nice wide-meplat 400-500 grain hardcast and just enough velocity to shoot flat enough to hit when I need to hit, or a 375 Ruger with a 300 grain solid brass pointy one going fast enough for a couple ft-tons of energy.

…or a 30mm Gatling gun….
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Heck, I once easily cleared a fence when a neighbor's bull was chasing me. If I could do that now......
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Walt wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:50 am Heck, I once easily cleared a fence when a neighbor's bull was chasing me. If I could do that now......
When I realized an angry 450 lb sow was bearing down on me because I she thought I had hurt one of her babies, I vaulted backwards over a 36-inch hog panel by grabbing the metal roof of a farrowing hut with my right hand and something else with my left hand....

Electric fences send out 50,000 volts or so about once a second, and evidently it took more than a second to complete that vault and for me to realize that the 'something else' was the top of an electric fence.... :shock:

(... it still wasn't as bad as when I was about half that age and dumb enough to take a dare and pee on an electric fan... :o )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "