Carrying While Doing The Morning Chores

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Carrying While Doing The Morning Chores

Post by JimT »

IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5007.JPG
I like to carry the Single Six that Gary Reeder shortened the barrel on when I am out in the morning. Loaded with HP ammo if I have a coon or a possum in the trap it settles them down quickly. The gun is easy to carry, out of the way and right at hand.

I carry it in a Simply Rugged holster by Rob Leahy on a nice wide belt that was originally a tool belt. It holds it firmly and doesn't allow the holster to squirm around.
IMG_4838.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Carrying While Doing The Morning Chores

Post by AJMD429 »

I am thankful to live place where is considered fairly normal to have a ‘chore Gun’….

….. and a ‘truck gun’… and a ‘boat gun’… and a ‘barn gun’… and a ‘Sunday-go-to-Meeting gun’… :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

My chore gun is a Ruger LCR 38 +P. A few days ago I was out building a barbed wire fence and I started smelling a skunk. I didn't think about it because
the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip. Then in a little bit here comes two skunks running in my direction with my black baldy heifer chasing them.
I pulled out the revolver and was anticipating shooting them, then I thought better of it as the other cattle were following. When the skunks got within
about 20 yards of me, I started yelling and the skunks turned toward a bulldoze pile. As they turned they ran right into the heifer and she got sprayed.
It was funning watching her. When the other cattle got there the skunks went into the dozer pile and the fun was over. I really didn't want to shoot
a skunk that close anyway! I may start taking a 22 magnum rifle to be able to keep my distance.

JBowen
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

These two are my Yard Guns.

I had to use the LCP on an injured possum about a week ago. He must have gotten hit and staggered into they back yard over night. When I let the dogs out in the morning they were going ape, fortunately it had stayed on the other side of the fence. A .22lr double tap took care of the problem. I usually don't bother them, but this one was obviously hurt badly and growling/ hissing at me as i got closer.

One of these days, the stamp for my suppressor will get processed. My dealer had sent everything in and about a month the pistol brace fiasco happened and I'll be surprised if I'll see it by the end of the summer.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I have got to find that elusive bearcat. The last ruger revolver I lost, I found in a coffee can. I just hope that the lost bearcat has not been purged by the old lady.....er, pardon, beloved bride of 11,894 days straightening the raycave !
m.A.g.a. !
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have one that I carry especially when working some of the equipment ... and I have some friends that use them for hunting!
IMG_2789.JPG
bearcat coyote.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:00 pm I just hope that the lost bearcat has not been purged by the old lady.....er, pardon, beloved bride of 11,894 days straightening the raycave !
That’s 228 dog-years… :shock: :D

I like to introduce my wife to strangers by either saying “This is is my first wife, Suzie” (just to see them look puzzled a few seconds later when it sinks in but they’re too embarrassed to ask - or they start looking around to see if there is a current wife about to start trouble), or say “we’ve been married 294 dog-years”.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I believe my bearcat has the older traditional grip frame and looks something like this.....
Ruger-New-Bearcat.jpg
But it's been so long since we've met, I'm not sure anymore.
m.A.g.a. !
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

If it's a "Bearcat" yes. The pictures I posted above are of the ShopKeeper Bearcat ... short barrel, rounded grip.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Killed a possum once, used a 4 iron, ugly deal.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:11 pm Killed a possum once, used a 4 iron, ugly deal.
LOL!! In Africa, I was sitting on the toilet quietly taking care of business when this big rat came wandering by. I grabbed the toilet plunger and beat him to death with it. Was kinda fun and helped move everything that needed moved. :lol:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, OS, glad that 4-iron worked -- and a good choice, as they say "Only God can hit a 2-iron" ... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Actually I parred the 9th at Desert Aire using only a 2 iron but a 4 was all I had. Possum was caught in a trap in the green house.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I carried at home in the yard all last year, had a neighbor who was totally wacked out of it on drugs or who knows what else. I know He could see the holster and I didn't care. He finally got into enough trouble with the local Sheriff that they sent Him away. the house is a totally dilapidated wreck now. but I don't have to look at him staring over here.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: . Elmer said when YOU NEED A GUN YOU NEED IT BADLY.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I loved a quote from a small-time criminal who had frequently been busted for carrying. He said, "I'd rather be caught by the good guys WITH a gun than by the bad guys WITHOUT one".
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I’m never without a sixgun on my hip.

But I rotate a bit. Yesterday I carried a 5 inch 27 which I think is one of the more useful guns ever made.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I have a Rossi 357 with a 2" barrel that I carry in a Simply Rugged pancake holster.

Easily the most comfortable rig I've ever worn.

-Stretch
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

They are great Stretch! I carry several guns in them.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Nice rig.....I just added a Simply Rugged pancake holster to my 3" Ruger 357 Wiley Clapp. Fits perfect.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

TraderVic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:16 am Nice rig.....I just added a Simply Rugged pancake holster to my 3" Ruger 357 Wiley Clapp. Fits perfect.
That’s a great combination
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:30 am
TraderVic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:16 am Nice rig.....I just added a Simply Rugged pancake holster to my 3" Ruger 357 Wiley Clapp. Fits perfect.
That’s a great combination
Thank you sir. I had the cylinder chamfered awhile back and changed the factory grip to a compact grip from Altamont. Very comfortable to carry and shoot.