"Shopping at Cabela's"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Shopping at Cabela's"

Post by Old No7 »

Oh yeah, been there -- done that before...

Old No7

Cabelas.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Re: "Shopping at Cabela's"

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that is SO TRUE!!!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Shopping at Cabelas is like work. Frustrating, and a waste of time.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Sadly the only reason We go there anymore is a pit stop when We travel. they are way above my pay grade!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It has been 5 or 6 years since I went there. Too expensive for sure.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

They DO have nice clean restrooms, I'll give em that. I know they did have an incident where someone came in, asked to see a gun and then committed suicide with it and ammo he had in his pocket. I don't know whether that drove their present paranoia but it's over the top. Buying primers or powder (when they had them) was a drawn-out pain because they kept them in a back room and one had to take a number just to get a store employee to go back and check their inventory, Yep, and they are definitely keeping up with inflation if not outpacing it.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Walt wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 am They DO have nice clean restrooms, I'll give em that. I know they did have an incident where someone came in, asked to see a gun and then committed suicide with it and ammo he had in his pocket. I don't know whether that drove their present paranoia but it's over the top. Buying primers or powder (when they had them) was a drawn-out pain because they kept them in a back room and one had to take a nmber jus tto get a store employee to go back and check their inventory, Yep, and they are definitely keeping up with inflation if not outpacing it.
Walt, your comment about the suicide answers a question I have had ever since Ii saw a gun on Cabela's used gun rack and wanted to look at the condition of the bore. The clerk wouldn't remove the lock on the gun so I could look. He said it was company policy and refused to open the gun, so I walked away.

As far as powder and primers, they are still on a shelf at the Lacey Washington store. It might be different at other stores. A month or so ago they had small pistol and small rifle primers. One was $8.99 per 100, the other was $10.99 per 100. Thank you Sixgun for a comment you made several years ago that if you don't have primers, you don't reload. Because of that comment, Because that comment got me to thinking, I now have enough primers to cover my needs.

They are expensive in some things, but its nice to have a place where a person can rubber neck and check out some of the new stuff that is out there.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

I’m glad I’m not the only one that has been influenced by Six’s comments lol
Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing though… :mrgreen:
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill