Another 1022.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Another 1022.

Post by Nath »

My second 1022, last one I had was 30 years ago.
This one is super shiny!
IMG_20230312_083807.jpg
Trigger was mushy like they all are so fixed that.
Before and after.
IMG_20230311_192927.jpg
IMG_20230311_203939.jpg
Shoots well. Reliable with sub sonics too.
IMG_20230312_165538.jpg
N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Another 1022.

Post by gamekeeper »

I have always admired the looks of the Ruger but never had one, only had two semi auto rifles a Browning and a Magtech but the Winchester always got more use.
My latest house move seems to have been to a "Squirrel free zone" so I got to move again..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

No rabbit John? There must be a rabbit or two down there!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I bought a 1022 at a gunshot in Colorado for $100 back in 1992. I put a ton of ammo through it before I put a new barrel on it, a Shilen. 920" bull barrel. Then a new laminated stock, bedded the barrel channel and with CCI Greentag it would keep 10 shots in a penny at 50yds.
Then I made the mistake of shooting some Russian subsonic ammo in it. One mag full while plinking a squib decided to lodge in the barrel ! Of course you know what happened- another round pushed the bullet out leaving a nice ring in the barrel at the end of the forearm . Barrel ruined !
So the next barrel is a carbon fiber tension barrel from I can't remember...? Then a new Hogue overmould stock. It's not as accurate but still keeps 10 shots inside a quarter at 50yds.
Then I got my hands on a 1022 MAG, terrible accuracy with the factory barrel! Tried every brand, weight out there. It also got a carbon fiber tension barrel, Hogue oversold as well and the accuracy has been very good.
During covid I got my hands on a Shilen barrel firmly 7722, match chamber, factory profile and its a tack driver as well.
Guess I better get my 44 carbine out and give it a go too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:24 am I bought a 1022 at a gunshot in Colorado for $100 back in 1992. I put a ton of ammo through it before I put a new barrel on it, a Shilen. 920" bull barrel. Then a new laminated stock, bedded the barrel channel and with CCI Greentag it would keep 10 shots in a penny at 50yds.
Then I made the mistake of shooting some Russian subsonic ammo in it. One mag full while plinking a squib decided to lodge in the barrel ! Of course you know what happened- another round pushed the bullet out leaving a nice ring in the barrel at the end of the forearm . Barrel ruined !
So the next barrel is a carbon fiber tension barrel from I can't remember...? Then a new Hogue overmould stock. It's not as accurate but still keeps 10 shots inside a quarter at 50yds.
Then I got my hands on a 1022 MAG, terrible accuracy with the factory barrel! Tried every brand, weight out there. It also got a carbon fiber tension barrel, Hogue oversold as well and the accuracy has been very good.
During covid I got my hands on a Shilen barrel firmly 7722, match chamber, factory profile and its a tack driver as well.
Guess I better get my 44 carbine out and give it a go too!
I ringed a 527 barrel once on russian ammo. It shot better after that!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice Nath, i have two one with the stock like yours and one in wood hardly ever shoot them though. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I've had this one since the mid 90's, picked it up new at Gibsons. Funny, found the receipt for it last year while looking for something else. Anyway, it's had 1,000's of rounds through it and is still on the original barrel. I keep looking around, thinking it'd be interesting to toss a 16" or 18" bull barrel on, but it ain't broken so haven't done that. Lost count of how many varmints it's taken, like this Wyoming ground squirrel taken a while back.

2022-07-18_Ruger_1022_Groundsquirrel.jpg

Weird. That pic shows up the other way up on my screen, but the forum rotated it 180*!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

AmBraCol wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:00 am I've had this one since the mid 90's, picked it up new at Gibsons. Funny, found the receipt for it last year while looking for something else. Anyway, it's had 1,000's of rounds through it and is still on the original barrel. I keep looking around, thinking it'd be interesting to toss a 16" or 18" bull barrel on, but it ain't broken so haven't done that. Lost count of how many varmints it's taken, like this Wyoming ground squirrel taken a while back.

2022-07-18_Ruger_1022_Groundsquirrel.jpg

Weird. That pic shows up the other way up on my screen, but the forum rotated it 180*!!
The server is based in Australia 🦘
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I got one of the take-down models a few years back. In the carry case it's very compact. I stick it on the floor of the pickup with a couple of 25-round mags. I put a nice Burris red dot on it and its pop can accurate at 100 yards.
Sadly, my Idiot State Gov, JayFknInslee and his AG Sideshow Bob made it classified as an assault weapon. I can keep it...for now...but, when I kick off Daughter will have to turn it into LE because she can't legally sell it to anybody.
Anyway, it's a really nice shooter and I'm glad I have it.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Blaine wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:41 am I got one of the take-down models a few years back. In the carry case it's very compact. I stick it on the floor of the pickup with a couple of 25-round mags. I put a nice Burris red dot on it and its pop can accurate at 100 yards.
Sadly, my Idiot State Gov, JayFknInslee and his AG Sideshow Bob made it classified as an assault weapon. I can keep it...for now...but, when I kick off Daughter will have to turn it into LE because she can't legally sell it to anybody.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3xat1jd8pQ
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:59 pm
Blaine wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:41 am I got one of the take-down models a few years back. In the carry case it's very compact. I stick it on the floor of the pickup with a couple of 25-round mags. I put a nice Burris red dot on it and its pop can accurate at 100 yards.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3xat1jd8pQ
If it was before Daughter left the house and became self-sufficient I'd go in a heartbeat. She'll never leave Tacoma and I'll not go either.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Someday at lunch, I should skip eating and walk over to Shilen to buy a barrel for my 10/22. I have left it totally factory stock so far. I don't shoot it much. Maybe 200 rounds in the last 5 years. I probably should do a little to it and see what it is really capable of. Funny, but Shilen is a stones throw from work and I have not yet visited.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost