rgates ... Take A Look At This

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

rgates ... Take A Look At This

Post by JimT »

IMG_4966.JPG
Thank You!

So far ...
Bear Creek 96 gr. RN .361" for old top-break revolvers
IMG_4968.JPG
Loaded with 2.7 gr. Bullseye
IMG_4960.JPG
Bear Creek 124 gr. 9mm bullet loaded with 2.5 gr. Bullseye
IMG_4963.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rgates
Levergunner 1.0

Re: rgates ... Take A Look At This

Post by rgates »

That's some really good looking ammo! You are more than welcome!
Last edited by rgates on Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Now THAT just looks FUN....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well?……I’ve seen plenty of components…….action Jim!…..we want a.c.t.i.o.n……did you get her smoking’ yet?

I dropped off, among other things, a mint…mint Colt P.P. made in 1920 in 38 S&W and a 90% Smith top break in 32 S&W made in 1882 last month to be sold……I figured whatever I need to do with them can be done better with a Ruger S.S.in 32 mag……..
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:47 pm Well?……I’ve seen plenty of components…….action Jim!…..we want a.c.t.i.o.n……did you get her smoking’ yet?

I dropped off, among other things, a mint…mint Colt P.P. made in 1920 in 38 S&W and a 90% Smith top break in 32 S&W made in 1882 last month to be sold……I figured whatever I need to do with them can be done better with a Ruger S.S.in 32 mag……..
Unfortunately when I was shooting it the spring on the cylinder hand broke and tied up the gun. I had to take it apart to get it out. Shooting it without the cylinder hand ain't a big deal but then I over-stressed the hammer spring and broke that! I ordered new parts ... Numrich has a modern-made new hammer spring ... and I should have it back in service this next week.

And yes ... the Single Six in .32 Mag is a much better choice for a shooter. These old guns like the H&R I am messing with were not much when they were brand new. But for most people they were what they could afford. A Colt SAA cost an entire month's wages or more. And still do! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jim,
We expect those things to happen on old guns and like you said, “weren’t much when they were new”…….It all gives us something to do.

I believe that was the last spring of that type I had……got lots of Colt, Smith, and Ruger stuff……I’ll look around anyway for any small parts so you can have a spare.:D
Model A Uzi’s