Lettered 95 Carbine hand guard delete ..finally

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Lettered 95 Carbine hand guard delete ..finally

Post by snkbittin »

Well..local shop has had this on consignment sice 2019..waaaaayy too much $$ ...had a lil cabbage from selling something..made an offer and now it lives with me .. .30US and legit hand guard delete...most believe that they didnt make more the 300 like this..and its my 1st Carbine my other 5 95's are all rifles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Lettered 95 Carbine hand guard delete ..finally

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations :D it looks almost like new..... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:54 pm Congratulations :D it looks almost like new..... :mrgreen:
Thanks! it is very nice condition
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Very nice! I’m happy for you.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Way cool!

I have two of the '95 SRCs. They have always been my favorite Winchesters.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Nice shooter! Good find.

JBowen
cj57
Levergunner

Post by cj57 »

Congrats! A seldom seen feature on those carbines and in fine condition! I have a few 95s myself, only 1 carbine, a standard 1920 30-06
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That’s a nice Winchester…..very nice with loads of condition…..rarely seen with a special order option. You’re lucky to have that variation make it into a letter. Nice snag….4 big ones?—-6
Model A Uzi’s
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:07 am That’s a nice Winchester…..very nice with loads of condition…..rarely seen with a special order option. You’re lucky to have that variation make it into a letter. Nice snag….4 big ones?—-6
Thanks Sixgun..they had it listed at 5500..I got it for one Benjamin over 4..Rarely seen is right!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks for the comeback……as you know, carbines with any variation or special order is extremely rare, not to mention about 90% of carbines are usually beat…..If I saw that rifle I would have swore someone took off the handguard but there’s usually a difference in the blue where the guard used to be……but the letter on your prove otherwise.

I’ve been at this game for 50 years ….right out of h.s…..it’s a disease, these old Winchesters and I might add single action Colts, Marlins, pre war n frame smiths, early Rugers……:D…..better than any 401 K plan.

I have an 1886 SRC that has a shotgun butt and I know it came with the gun from the factory….the gun has plenty of condition, forend and buttstock match and the condition is equal all over the rifle but it didn’t letter with a shotgun butt…….I called the Cody historian and she got the ledgers up on the computer and told me there was a 50 Express right above mine that has a shotgun butt. She said she saw many instances of mistakes like that as in those days they were more concerned with making money than they were about future collectors like us.:D

Oh well..the beat goes on.

Here’s the best of my ‘95’s…..an ‘06 takedown with a model 21 Lyman……have a pair of 30-40’s that are 80 percenters and something else I don’t even remember …..—-6

Wait, that’s one of the Krags….thought I had a pic of the ‘06…gotta look….

Here it is. Just needs a box and a hang tag….

Model A Uzi’s
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:25 pm Thanks for the comeback……as you know, carbines with any variation or special order is extremely rare, not to mention about 90% of carbines are usually beat…..If I saw that rifle I would have swore someone took off the handguard but there’s usually a difference in the blue where the guard used to be……but the letter on your prove otherwise.

I’ve been at this game for 50 years ….right out of h.s…..it’s a disease, these old Winchesters and I might add single action Colts, Marlins, pre war n frame smiths, early Rugers……:D…..better than any 401 K plan.

I have an 1886 SRC that has a shotgun butt and I know it came with the gun from the factory….the gun has plenty of condition, forend and buttstock match and the condition is equal all over the rifle but it didn’t letter with a shotgun butt…….I called the Cody historian and she got the ledgers up on the computer and told me there was a 50 Express right above mine that has a shotgun butt. She said she saw many instances of mistakes like that as in those days they were more concerned with making money than they were about future collectors like us.:D

Oh well..the beat goes on.

Here’s the best of my ‘95’s…..an ‘06 takedown with a model 21 Lyman……have a pair of 30-40’s that are 80 percenters and something else I don’t even remember …..—-6

Wait, that’s one of the Krags….thought I had a pic of the ‘06…gotta look….

Here it is. Just needs a box and a hang tag….

YES! ..I have a takedown in 06..with the Lyman...S&W is Well represented here ..couple Colts and the Ole Garand ..one a Winchester ..Im a fan of the M14 ..building one now..another one ;-) it is a disease ..a fun one ..goes with my Antique tractors and Hot rods
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK……we all agree and disagree. :D I LOVE the old guns and Winchester, Marlin, Colt, Smith and some early Remingtons and Rugers……I mostly focus on old SA Colts and pre ww1 Winchesters…

That’s where we agree…….old tractors…love them, along with the old cars…hot rods?…30-50’s ?

But the old cars and such are a rich man’s game…..I sunk a years pay (over time) into a ‘68 Firebird with a John Delorean designed OHC 6 cyl. with a four barrel carb…….and when it got sold, I didn’t reap much of a profit…..in fact it was a 100% total loss…..(long story).. …..on tractors, there’s lots of them around here sitting in barns and behind barns and even in some peoples kitchens. (Up in Maine.) :D (that’s for my buddy Jay….”Old Win”.

Yea…..seems like like minded people are spread out all over the U.S. of A….must be for a reason…..—-6
Model A Uzi’s
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Sixgun..yes theres lots of similer likes when it comes to firearms of all types..The antique tractors here are a 1927 Fordson F ..1941 Ford 9N ..1958 John Deere 420W and a 1959 John Deere 430C..a crawler..always wanted one ;-) I use the term Hot rod a lil loosely ..I had a Cobra roadster that I built and had 22 yrs ..sold it last Aug.. I still have a 2014 Shelby GT500...Factory 662HP 631 ftlbs torque..stock..welllll she got a bit more than that now! and Im a model RR ..i have a 12 x 16 O scale RR that always has something to do along with all the gun stuff..reloading and such ..I gotta slow down some
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No, you don’t have to slow down……..you only get one chance…….you’ll have eternity to “slow down” when your in the dirt….. :D All through my life I took advantage to “upgrade” myself whenever the chance presented itself…….

You reap what you sow and you’re sowing well. :D——6. At 68 I feel myself getting tired more easily so I guess at some point in our lives we are forced to slow down…but until then….party on dudes!!!!
Model A Uzi’s