gunshow report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

gunshow report

Post by jnyork »

Yesterday morning off to the gunshow again, they have one every 60 days here in Yuma during the winter months. Good crowd, lots of guns. Not so many "junk" tables but they had most of them off in the back of the hall, you could browse guns without being tempted by homemade baked goods or getting your glasses cleaned. Many very nice old lever guns, Winchesters, Ballards, Marlins etc. Quite a few Garands starting at $1800 on up. Of course tables full of EBR's with parts and accessories thereto. Not so many .22's, did see one Remington Model 37, had been used but not Bubba'ed, had original sights and magazine, $1300. Buddy got him down to $1000, then somehow wandered off and bought something else. :roll:
I had the money in my pocket and was going to fondle it but I know where that leads to so I didn't. Also passed on a very nice Browning .22 pistol my friend had, almost bought it but thought better of it. Guy had a wall rack full of powder of various types.
There was all sorts of ammo for sale, tables groaning under the weight of it, guys were packing it out by the case. Lots of .22 ammo also but most of it Aquila.
Friend had a table so I sat with him a while, shot the breeze with passersby and some members of the club. A pleasant morning.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: gunshow report

Post by Tycer »

Thanks for the report!
I like Aguila 22. Too bad they don’t make the gold eagle match rifle anymore.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

We had one this weekend. Found some new 35 Rem. brass and some once fired 32-20 and a smattering of 307win and 30-30.

Sorely tempted by an 1886 in 40-65 calling me, but light on $$. Lots of older leverguns and even a modern Marlin 375win and one of the 410 shotguns. Three or four 1895 Marlins in 45-70

Lowwall in 25-20 wcf. If it had been in 32-20, it would have followed me home. Most primers were $100/K but did luck into a brick of cci 450's for $75 and some 4064 for $30.

Someone had just sold a 1892Win., to a dealer. I was drooling over it as the guy way saying his great-uncle bought it new and gave it to his dad later, then he got it. Thing had to be 85% or better. OBFM ih 38-40, 24" bbl. I looked at the dealer and he mouthed "NOT FOR SALE". That I would have loved to have, but I will bet it was $$$$ if he did
decide to sell it.

All in all, a pretty decent show.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Good report. I'm glad someone got to go. Missed mine due to an in store find this week. Put a dent in my wallet.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ll arrive back in the USA late the night of 3/17 , the Baltimore Gunshow starts the following day ! I’m quite tempted to sleep four or five hours and drive up , but reality says I’ll sleep all that weekend . Besides I’m supposed to be thinning not adding !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:29 am Besides I’m supposed to be thinning not adding !
What is this "thinning" you speak of? :?:

Can that be applied to gun collections? :!:

That is a new concept for me (but Ysable Kid may disagree...) :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m supposed to be liquidating in anticipation for the move halfway around the world . But actually doing it isn’t that easy :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !