Still Kicking!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Still Kicking!

Post by Drawdown »

First let me say I didn't disappear or just go away, I've been overwhelmed by circumstances! Last year I did Lotta fun shooting getting 3 rifles ready for deer season, and love that part more than the hunting. But I started bowhunting in our early Sept bow season. Everything was going really good for me. Passed on a few shots with my longbow, missed one doe at 14yds just over ger back. Starting to draw on a fine buck in Oct but he'd done made me out and wasn't going to stick around to find out what's next!
Everything looking good for the Nov 12th gun season, had a couple gldecent spots where I'm confident I should get one with a rifle!
Then the first week of Nov, the pretty dry cool air turned into cold, rainy, dreary. It put me in my seat. I've said it few times about my breathing problems, but it's got worse. I have black lung, copd, emphysema, but the worst is Alpha 1. I don't want drag it on but I'd say Doc would know, I have other chronic symptoms associated with it. In a nutshell my breathing-airways change as the clouds change in the sky. But when the weather does that, I'm so bad I can't hardly eat cause I have to breath thru my mouth.
I got so down and depressed I never stepped foot into the woods with a rifle. Not crying or complaining just being honest.
Here it warmed and dried occasionally in mid to late Dec so with the gun season already over I went couple times with my bow. Saw a dandy 8pt with a 4pt one them days but they were 50yds out. After that I just quit, and you get down and consider quitting hunting altogether.
But I ain't no quitter, ill get back up this year hopefully better circumstances!!!
But I get on here occasionally, and in last few days there's some great topics as usual! Sure interesting to see how Bill does with the 73! And the Mod 71 & 86 pics
20230305_180548.jpg
20220829_102558.jpg
got me pumped, but I've come to terms with my Tikka 30-06 and it'll do anything from ground squirrels to Brown Bear, man that is one versatile cartridge I love that rifle!
But I got out yesterday, it's warmed and dried up I feel like a new man.
So I took this Mod 94 I got yesterday and shot it with 4 loads. I can honestly say I never thought a Carbine would steal Mt heart from my Mod 64 but it's about passed it. It's a jewel, shoots everything I put in it with good accuracy, and no other rifle is as pleasing to be with I have to say! Gotta shift the sight just little bit, and in my frustration I may just do my bowhunting with a Winchester 😁?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Still Kicking!

Post by Drawdown »

All 4 where shot at 40yds resting on my 4w. The first target of the 170g Noslers, the one flyer was my fault, the first shot I took. Corrected my rest and I'll never complain about groups like that! I didn't chrome yesterday, just used known velocities from the past.

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thanks for checking in and telling a story. Congratulations on overcoming adversity and prevailing against the odds.... 8) 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

It's great to see you back. Been wondering bout you lately. I hear you on deer season. My sciatica flairs up like clockwork on opening day. Don't feel up to dragging one. Could have been all that rain too. Love my carbines too. Good shootin!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Good to Hear Your still plugging away.! It isn't easy getting Old. I put All My Archery tackle away more than twenty years ago. most of My favorite places had been logged out and hunting here changed and I just got bummed about it. Last fall My Young Grandsons started to ask questions about My Longbows and before I knew it they had lit the fire under Me but Good. I can't shoot the bows I did long ago but I'm back having Fun. One day at a time. :D .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good to hear you're still out there with a bow or a rifle in your hands, I'm looking forward to more posts and photos.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Drawdown, I had to look up Alpha 1 as I had not heard of it until you just mentioned it. It is not a diagnosis that one wants to hear. And here is hoping you have a bang-up deer season this coming fall!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Good to hear you're still at it. My marlin always surprises me, like it is encouraging me to go out more. My bow shooting is atrocious, I won't be feeding the camp with that ! Hope you can....

grizz
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Thanks everyone, nowhere near ready to start digging yet! My longbow-recurve shooting not near what I used to be. If I'd been hunting with my compound I'm confident I could've killed 2 deer. Just wanted to use my LB. But I'm just loosing interest in either one anymore, and gaining more interest in hunting with my Leverguns more than ever! I love shooting & hunting with iron sights, have loved it for years taking squirrels with them!

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Nice groups and a nice 94. I started my lever addiction with a 94 30-30. They are easy to carry and shoot well. I have a Model 64 and various
lever rifles but the 20" carbine is my favorite.

JBowen