New leverguns from Pedersoli.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

New leverguns from Pedersoli.

Post by Nath »

Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New leverguns from Pedersoli.

Post by Tycer »

Nath wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:46 pm https://youtu.be/jcQWl2rkPRk
A 30-30 on an 1886 frame! 307 Win anyone?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Yep, that's a first for me too. An 1886 in 30-30. Interesting
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I must admit, with my hearing and all the background noise, I didn't understand a single word. I'm almost surprised that they haven't put a safety switch on their muzzle loading guns yet! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Regarding the 1886 in 30-30, it sounded to me like he said the size of the receiver was smaller. If true, they must have scaled it down. Did anyone else catch that?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

kaschi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 am Regarding the 1886 in 30-30, it sounded to me like he said the size of the receiver was smaller. If true, they must have scaled it down. Did anyone else catch that?
I didn't catch that but did think it looks a wee bit smaller.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Borrowing a page from Big Horn Armory's book perhaps? They say their model 89 and 90 are hybrid of 1892 and 1886. But I've looked at one in the flesh and it's looks are 100% 1886, just looks scaled down a pinch. Nothing about it looks like an 1892
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I guess it was only a matter of time until Pedersoli also jumped on the tactical lever gun bandwagon. I think those things are ugly as sin.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Griff wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:00 pm I must admit, with my hearing and all the background noise, I didn't understand a single word.
Likewise :?:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Griff wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:00 pm I must admit, with my hearing and all the background noise, I didn't understand a single word. I
I didn't either, I thought maybe it was because they were speaking Italian.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

jnyork wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:52 pm
Griff wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:00 pm I must admit, with my hearing and all the background noise, I didn't understand a single word. I
I didn't either, I thought maybe it was because they were speaking Italian.

Nope. English spoken, but with quite an accent. Better than many I hear down here in Coffee Country - but that background noise is a real pain.

Thanks for sharing that, Nath! Some interesting firearms there, although those levers really aren't my cuppa tea. Interesting, but not interested, if you get my drift.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

30-30 why ? It defeats the whole purpose of a light handy carbine. I never understood why they didn't bring back the 33 Winchester with these replicas. It uses .338 bullets and can be made from 45-70 brass so it is not stretch for an ammunition manufacturer to make it. It just shows you that these are not lever guys, just trying to market to us ,but keep missing the target.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

I'm of the same sentiment as you folks toward the "modern" lever rifles. But, if it prevents some of the classics from getting hacked up and keeps the company in business offering the style we like, overall I approve 🙂
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

What caught my eye was all or most all of the rifles in the racks on the video had the dreaded tang safety 😡. WHY??? Of course, Pedersoli does make some 1886s without them which only begs to ask why some rifle models have them and some do not. Odd.

While we all enjoy lever action rifles, I find it most interesting how "tactical" the trend in Pedersoli's line is. So many are set up with black furniture (including adjustable cheek risers), rails for optics and larger than usual levers. Even the proportion of the length of the barrel to the length of the mag tube seems off kilter. Just give me a plain Jane old lever rifle/carbine and I'm happy. How do you guys feel about that?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The tacticool options don't interest me, I'm with Vall, ugly as sin. I'm just glad that when I had a chance to pick up a Browning 1886, I did. I foolishly sold it, but remarkably, was offered the opportunity to buy it back. I didn't hesitate the 2nd time either, especially as it only cost me $100 more than I sold it for. Even got the brass that I sent along with it, back! I don't think there's a better 1886 offered at any time.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

Yeah, 307 and 356W...?
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

I just received an email from Pedersoli this morning, here's the link to his new 86/71 .30-30 Levergun .....

https://landing.davide-pedersoli.com/en/8671droptine
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Thanks for the link. We traditionalists here should write Pedersoli simultaneously requesting a plain Jane version along with that one pictured. I'm writing them my request momentarily.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Thanks for the link. We traditionalists here should write Pedersoli simultaneously requesting a plain Jane version along with that one pictured. I'm writing them my request momentarily.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:00 pm I must admit, with my hearing and all the background noise, I didn't understand a single word. I'm almost surprised that they haven't put ::D safety switch on their muzzle loading guns yet! :twisted:
:D :D :D
Model A Uzi’s
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

kaschi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:19 pm What caught my eye was all or most all of the rifles in the racks on the video had the dreaded tang safety 😡. WHY??? Of course, Pedersoli does make some 1886s without them which only begs to ask why some rifle models have them and some do not. Odd.

While we all enjoy lever action rifles, I find it most interesting how "tactical" the trend in Pedersoli's line is. So many are set up with black furniture (including adjustable cheek risers), rails for optics and larger than usual levers. Even the proportion of the length of the barrel to the length of the mag tube seems off kilter. Just give me a plain Jane old lever rifle/carbine and I'm happy. How do you guys feel about that?
Some hunting laws require you have some form of safety I would guess