Any Cannuk Members?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Any Cannuk Members?

Post by Griff »

I found some new brass in a store in Alberta, but they won't ship to the US. They didn't explain why, Is it illegal to have someone mail me the brass from Canada?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Re: Any Cannuk Members?

Post by barbarossa »

There is probably a bit of red tape that the store doesn t want to bother with.With the current Clown prince running our country they are making everything harder to do concerning firearms.Hopefully he and his band of Keystone cops will be gone come next election
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Would they NOT sell it to you while you were in the store?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Sure they would they just don t want to ship it outside Canada and go through any government imposed red tape or for some store policy they don t ship outside
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What I was getting at was why not buy it and take it with ya ? Could always stash it in a deep dark recess of your truck and bring it back. Or send it through fedex-ups or try Canada post.
It's just brass, not like it's explosives or loaded ammo.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:55 amWould they NOT sell it to you while you were in the store?
It was online. The last 3 times I went to Canada, they apparently assumed that as a VietNam Vet I was barely fit for being allowed to roam around on my own. Being from Texas, they assumed I had a gun and spent a good 3-4 hours searching thru my truck for it... I don't know how many more times I can keep them from finding it! So I've just said "no" when asked to go about the past 10 years. And coming back into the States has been almost as bad since 9/11. Plus, when they can see my DD214, and even US customs/immigration can't, unless I give them a copy, and the agent at the entry point, then has the audacity to verbally berate me in public, labeling me a "trained killer" on the basis of the military training I received... when it was 40 years removed... :evil: I really don't have a problem with either the country, or the people... but petty bureaucrats are just that, the world over. Plus in the last 7 or 8 years they've revamped all the procedures to carry imported goods into Canada, I haven't kept up with the new rules.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gotcha!
I started going up to Canada on fishing trips in 1986. Back then it was a breeze coming and going. Then as you say 9/11 happened and it changed drastically at the border. They no longer were allowed to smile! Coming home was always easier, never a hard time with the US Customs.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

A lot of Custom agents on our side of the border today are filled with self importance and relish any chance to abuse their power
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

The biggest issue in U.S.-Canada movement of firearms related transporting is U.S. in origin. "Anti terror" laws enacted by U.S. is quite broad in spectrum.I doubt Trudeau gives 2 hoots about firearm related items leaving Canada. In fact he probably thinks the more the better.The U.S. regs on such matters have very serious penalties and the rules are not always common sense. I can order reloading dies for 375Winchester from Sinclair in U.S., no problem. But 375 Brass would be a no no! It would require a special permit. If that permit was not obtained and they mailed me the brass they would be in BIG trouble (big fines just to begin with).A Canadian dealer probably does not wish becoming entangled in those rules, just not worth the trouble for the small profit. I don't think any issue with Candian law (almost certain), maybe an issue/maybe not with U.S. law,but who wants to risk the vagaries of some ill informed Custom's official.

The Canadian dealer gets their U.S. products through a distributor who handles all the cross border permits and that is figured into the cost.
hope that helps!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

So now I have decide if that 100 pieces of new unobtainum brass is worth driving up & buying in person...???
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!